Author Topic: 7th Heaven Crash since update  (Read 1870 times)

Darkdorem

• View Profile
7th Heaven Crash since update
« on: 2017-01-10 06:04:56 »
Hi.

First of all... I hope I am doing everything correctly here... I followed every step but it is a little tricky after all...

So today I updated some mods on 7th Heaven (mostly character model related stuff) when I started the game my ingame model of cloud was kind of blurred (the lefte eye was totally distored) plus the new models didn't work. Neither on field nor in battle. Every model was original. So I checked the sited seeing there was an update of 7th Heaven (was using 1.52 before updating to 1.54).

No when I want to start the game via the launcher I get this:

Code: [Select]
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or Assembly "EasyHook, Version=2.7.6035.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4b580fca19d0b0c5" was not found . The System can't find the file.
Dateiname: "EasyHook, Version=2.7.6035.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4b580fca19d0b0c5"
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.Launch(Boolean varDump, Boolean debug)
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.bLaunch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Code\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:Zeile 1124.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

As the program informed me to post this error log in the forums I registered and... here we are now.

I don't know what to do. I reinstalled the mod (1.52 AND 1.54 - not at once) more than once. Even the very first mod I used - 1.52 now crashes upon starting the game with this message even if I'm trying to install and run it the same way I did before updating anything. So not even the buggy fieldmodel version will start...

What do I do? :(
« Last Edit: 2017-01-10 14:17:43 by EQ2Alyza »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: 7th Heaven Crash since update
« Reply #1 on: 2017-01-10 14:23:43 »
The models issue is from an update I did to enable them with direct mode. You have to either download the newest GC from STEP 1 and run it again with the Overwrite option, or you can edit your ff7_opengl.cfg to have direct mode = on (its near the bottom lines). I strongly recommend the former.

The message says you're missing the EasyHook.dll that comes with 7H. That's probably somehow caused when you tried manually updating from v1.52 to v1.54. Not really sure what to say about it, other than that you should download it again and extract it to its own separate folder. 7H has no install, so you can have separate folders for each version technically and run the .exe from any of them. Just turn the automatic updates off to keep them from changing.

A side note also...7H is not a mod. It's a mod manager, a tool that helps you easily maintain the mods it downloads. There are always two issues when using 7H 1) tool issues 2) mod issues. You happened to run into both of them simultaneously. Bad luck! :|
« Last Edit: 2017-01-10 14:28:33 by EQ2Alyza »