Author Topic: Trump president now!  (Read 34373 times)

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Re: Trump president now!
« Reply #25 on: 2017-01-26 15:53:06 »
It's almost as if he was trying to silence political dissidence.  You know, the sort of thing a ferning Fascist would do.

No, that's what the media gag was for.

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2017-01-27 18:00:17 »
I don't support torture BUT I also find it hard to feel sorry for people like the gitmo lot. Personally, I wouldn't capture them.  They aren't protected under the Geneva convention, because they don't obey its rules or wear a uniform.  I'd shoot them dead on any battlefield.
Here's the latest on the torture thing http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-mattis-override-views-torture-article-1.2957473

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2017-01-27 21:10:48 »
Nice to see someone who is willing to defer to those in the know.  Obama knew best about everything.

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2017-01-27 21:17:51 »
It's more likely Obama listened to the experts before he opened his mouth.

On the other hand Trump just says the things that he "feels". Even after hearing the expert opinion he still says "I happen to feel that it does work".

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2017-01-27 21:31:22 »
But he's deferring to the general for the actual policy. He's free to believe it works. I don't think Obama did listen to the expert's either, or there wouldn't be a massive IS presence caused by incompetent pull out of Iraq and Middle East policy - not to mention Libya blown to shreds, despite Obama saying lessons would be learned from Iraq.

No lessons were learned by him.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-27 21:33:11 by DLPB »

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2017-01-29 00:37:11 »

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2017-01-29 01:24:10 »
awwww yeah; gettin Fascist up in this buttercup

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/01/28/trump_has_suspended_due_process_for_muslims.html
From what I know about the crimes and injustices imposed on regular US citizens, I really have no sympathy.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2017-01-29 07:06:08 »
It's not fascist to suspend the rights of non citizens. Non Citizens have no rights in your country. They are there at invitation only and are not subject to your protection. Also, protecting your own country against external threats is called being vigilant and being a leader - not fascism.  Shouting fascist every second doesn't make anyone fascist.

That article is also emotional charged and clearly biased.  Also hysterical.  ;D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2017-01-29 07:24:21 by DLPB »

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2017-01-29 08:07:38 »
It also applies to green card holders though, but on a case by case basis and yet a few folk who are out of the country on holiday or for work can't get back in despite being card carrying citizens.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2017-01-29 10:08:15 »
Non Citizens have no rights in your country.
That's plain wrong... The laws in every country in the world applies both to citizens and non-citizens.
When a law says "People", it applies to everyone in the state.
When a law says "Citizens", it applies only to citizens of the state.

Besides, protecting your own country against external threats was indeed being called vigilant and a leader (führer), in Germany, in 1933. Please pick another argument.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2017-01-29 10:11:02 »
No, they don't.  Each country can decide to keep any non citizen out.  And many countries do just that.  The ME countries bar anyone from Israel for a start.

This isn't even remotely debatable. That's why Trump has been able to sign an executive order that has come in to law.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-29 10:12:38 by DLPB »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2017-01-29 10:39:39 »
If they are outside of the country, the US law don't apply to them, of course.
For those who are already inside, the government can indeed decide to bring them back outside. For the time they're inside the boundaries, though, they are still subject to the US law and thus have rights and duties like everyone else.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2017-01-29 10:41:56 »
They still do not have full protection under the constitution unless they are US citizens. A US Citizen is based in law. Living in another country does not automatically qualify you for all rights. A country can deport anyone who is a Non citizen.

But it's besides the point because much of what I am reading is just more scaremongering anti trump nonsense. We'll be getting much more of it in the next 8 years.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-29 16:43:22 by DLPB »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2017-01-29 15:40:54 »
awwww yeah; gettin Fascist up in this buttercup

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/01/28/trump_has_suspended_due_process_for_muslims.html

Edit: Meh not worth the effort to try to bring truth to those who relish in and live in lies. No person can awake such a sheep, only the world or God can.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-29 16:05:53 by olearyf2525 »

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2017-01-29 15:49:51 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2017-01-29 17:08:03 »
Edit: Meh not worth the effort to try to bring truth to those who relish in and live in lies. No person can awake such a sheep, only the world or God can.
It's true.  People in my own family just post whatever they can find to back up the idea he is a tyrant. There's plenty more evidence that he gives a toss about innocent Christians abroad - the people the Left have abandoned.  For one.

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2017-01-29 17:57:21 »
Side note, Labour supporters are turning on Jeremy Corbyn for his supportive stance on Article 50 (AKA leaving Europe ASAP) where was that mindset during the referendum in the first place since he's always been anti-EU?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2017-01-29 18:03:20 »
Side note, Labour supporters are turning on Jeremy Corbyn for his supportive stance on Article 50 (AKA leaving Europe ASAP) where was that mindset during the referendum in the first place since he's always been anti-EU?

I'm not even convinced it's real. The cynic in me thinks it's a ruse to make people think he supports democracy and the will of the people. But I have no evidence of that.  I don't trust him as far as I can throw him though.

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2017-01-29 18:13:16 »
I'm not even convinced it's real. The cynic in me thinks it's a ruse to make people think he supports democracy and the will of the people. But I have no evidence of that.  I don't trust him as far as I can throw him though.

Most of the people who were advocating it like Boris and Farage are the same, and behold as soon as the vote passed they buggered off, left everyone else to deal with the aftermath.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2017-01-29 18:26:22 »
Boris is bad.  He's just an opportunist.  Our PM, Cameron, is weak and awful and ran off.  At least Farage stays in the public eye and campaigns somewhat.  He did give up UKIP, but he still stays campaigning and doing interviews.

Cameron is the worst... he's literally vanished to have a beano.

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2017-01-29 18:47:45 »
Good god JFK airport is a clusterfuck. Trump's reich is off to a great start

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2017-01-29 19:15:15 »
Good god JFK airport is a clusterfuck. Trump's reich is off to a great start

It's not a reich to put the safety of your people first and if the Dems had been doing this the last 8 years, it wouldn't need this kind of transition and harshness. Whenever people bring up reich or Hitler or fascism, it never ceases to amaze me how much of a false equivalency they make of it.

He was voted in and made certain promises. He's acting on them. Not smiling at the camera and playing golf, like Obama, as 49 people are killed mercilessly in cold blood by people who shouldn't have been in the US.

« Last Edit: 2017-01-29 19:27:47 by DLPB »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2017-01-29 19:33:48 »
First off, I'm a bit of a nihilist.

Realistically, do you think a blanket ban is going to fix anything? I don't think so. A blanket ban is implying that everyone originating from the middle east is inherently evil. That is not how you solve a problem, it is how you ignore a problem.

This is going to trigger a lot of infighting between people, a lot of lawsuits, motivation for violence etc. The net change is negative.

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2017-01-29 20:22:16 »
Most of the people who were advocating it like Boris and Farage are the same, and behold as soon as the vote passed they buggered off, left everyone else to deal with the aftermath.
No, I'm sick of that argument. It just means the right people wern't in power at the time the vote was passed - if someone like Trump was in power (i.e. Farage) - then the UK would be doing what the US is doing now (i.e. shutting down immigration and liberals going nuts). That's what Brexit means, pretty simple. There will be no compromise and liberals know exactly what it means for them.