Author Topic: [FF9 PC/Steam] Background / overall texture improvement Mod incoming  (Read 1334 times)

Mitroman

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC/Steam] Background Mod incoming
« Reply #25 on: 2017-03-13 11:47:59 »
Cool !

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

the_randomizer85

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2017-03-21 22:10:53 »
It's been a week, I guess there's been no progress.

Fraggoso

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2017-03-22 11:34:44 »
I'm working as much as I have time.
76 Backgrounds are remaining right now.

dclem

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2017-03-23 12:38:31 »

i can't

Fraggoso

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2017-03-23 17:57:34 »
Another update (?) sidenote:
I'm also upscaling the "ugly" Battle textures... well at least they look ugly to me.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/203702
This is early WIP but the upscaling shouldn't take as long as the backgrounds, so maybe 1 week if I've decided on my filter pipeline.
I'm also touching on those ugly low res character textures and weapon texture as well.

Let's see if I can even do something with the worldmap textures.

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
Another update (?) sidenote:
I'm also upscaling the "ugly" Battle textures... well at least they look ugly to me.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/203702
This is early WIP but the upscaling shouldn't take as long as the backgrounds, so maybe 1 week if I've decided on my filter pipeline.
I'm also touching on those ugly low res character textures and weapon texture as well.

Let's see if I can even do something with the worldmap textures.

If you find yourself running into lines between textures after you upscale, you might need to make them seamless.  I did this with masking seamless textures over the existing ones and/or clonestamp tool to each tile by hand (old school way) for my FF8 maps.  Unfortunately, the FF8 UV's are bunked on the PC version.  Hope FF9 fares better.

Turn off any filtering first just to make sure, before you go re-seaming everything though... linear filtering, etc. can cause extra edges between seamless textures on atlases.

Fraggoso

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
If you find yourself running into lines between textures after you upscale, you might need to make them seamless.  I did this with masking seamless textures over the existing ones and/or clonestamp tool to each tile by hand (old school way) for my FF8 maps.  Unfortunately, the FF8 UV's are bunked on the PC version.  Hope FF9 fares better.

Turn off any filtering first just to make sure, before you go re-seaming everything though... linear filtering, etc. can cause extra edges between seamless textures on atlases.

Thanks for the info. Still I'm not good at PSP or Gimp.
I just know how to run my filter pipeline that I refined from my first Final Fantasy X upscale.

I'll see how that ends but I think someone else has to do this. :)