Author Topic: [FF7 Steam] Filtering the backgrounds  (Read 256 times)

the_randomizer85

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
[FF7 Steam] Filtering the backgrounds
« on: 2017-03-10 06:17:35 »
So, I've got the Steam version, along with using Reunion to patch the battle framerate, replace the models, fix translation, etc. All in all, it's a fantastic set of mods, but there is one thing that is still painful to look at, the scaled/pixelated backgrounds. I know some people like them and that's fine, but are there any kinds of shaders/filters to use in conjunction with Reunion that doesn't require any game conversion or convoluted processes to use shaders? I don't need anything that will be super fancy, just a basic, bilinear kind of filter, similar to this one found on last reply of this thread:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17411.25

Is this feasible to use with the Reunion mod? Thanks :D

Kaldarasha

• No life
  • Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 Steam] Filtering the backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: 2017-03-10 07:49:05 »
The backgrounds aren't filtered through the shader. This is a screenshot of the original PC version with Aali's driver, which allow us to use new textures for the BGs.

the_randomizer85

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-03-10 14:30:54 »
The backgrounds aren't filtered through the shader. This is a screenshot of the original PC version with Aali's driver, which allow us to use new textures for the BGs.

So what do you suggest I do to replicate these results, and if so, how can I do the same with the Steam version? Or am I SOL? The Steam backgrounds make my eyes bleed. What am I supposed to do, let the jaggy backgrounds forever plague my experience?
« Last Edit: 2017-03-10 14:40:19 by the_randomizer85 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • No life
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2017-03-11 12:40:12 »
You're out of luck unless you convert the game to the 1998 version and use Aali's Driver with new BG textures.

the_randomizer85

• Cool newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-03-11 14:47:11 »
You're out of luck unless you convert the game to the 1998 version and use Aali's Driver with new BG textures.

Is there any risk to converting the game to the old format? Do I still retain the superior music the Steam version includes (PSX music)? Does Reunion still work? I really only care about the mods, I don't care about the booster or achievements, to be honest.  I'm fine with converting it to the other version so long as it retains my saves, the PSX soundtrack, etc.  Which threads do I need to follow for the driver and conversion?  Maybe I'll PM you, since the rate of replies on this site seems to be, well..slower than other sites?

I don't even know where to find his driver and BG replacement mods.