Author Topic: Trouble changing to Disc3  (Read 2043 times)

Nucleus_Coolins

• View Profile
Trouble changing to Disc3
« on: 2018-01-26 18:15:03 »
Hey, thanks for making this updated tool for modding ff7. Was using bootleg years ago and just picked this back up with your 7th heaven mod tool. Love it, super easy to setup and use with your guide, thank you!

I am running into a problem changing to disc3 however.
I was able to get disc2 running correctly by running the game patch tool and pointing it to the 2nd disc. This allowed me to continue my save that was near the end of disc2.

And i understand to change to disc3, i just save when prompted after the highwind cutscene, then close game and run patch tool pointed to disc 3 location. However, my menu wont allow me to actually create a save file when it prompts me.
For some reason when it prompts "Save game: Yes, No" my cursor defaults to point at No and when attempting to move the cursor to point Yes, it points off menu to below No instead of going up to Yes.
Now, this should just be some simple logical deduction to get it to save, theres only 2 possible options. First i tried clicking where the cursor defaulted: No. This did not prompt save and i was stuck on disc swap screen.
So i tried again, this time I selected the 2nd option, which was pointing to Nothing, outside of the Yes No menu. This also did not prompt save and again i was stuck on disc swap menu. Tried a 3rd time, this time i flipped the cursor back and forth trying to get it to point to yes which is the top option, but it visually appears to point to No. This also did not work

Im for sure pressing the OK square button, for me its X for x360 controller.
The menu cursor issue is probably due to menu overhaul mod or some text mod, but i didnt have any problem with any other menus and i have my settings file pointed to ff7_mo.exe. plus theres only 2 options on the wonky menu to choose from and neither of them work :(

Anyone else have experience with this?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Trouble changing to Disc3
« Reply #1 on: 2018-01-26 21:46:31 »
Interesting. You shouldn't have to change discs after assigning FF7DISC1 to a drive letter from the game converter. FF7DISC1 will progress each disc change on a working playthrough. Try assigning FF7DISC3 to the same drive letter you had 1 and 2 on, then run the game converter to update the registry key with that letter.

Nucleus_Coolins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-01-27 03:34:32 »
Gotcha, will give it a shot, thank you!

Nucleus_Coolins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-01-28 16:02:40 »
It didnt seem to like that when i tried it, got past the eidos screen and crashed. Maybe i accidently assigned incorrect drive letter, i dont 100% remember which i did it on originally. I will try again today if i get som time.

My problem really might be since i basically just copy pasted my entire directory and mod dir from my other machine and then did 7th heaven. Possible some old files from previous install are wonking things up