Author Topic: Cosmo Canyon lockup - can it be solved with the debug room?  (Read 2319 times)

case

I, like some others, have the problem that the game locks up in Comso Canyon during the scene when Bugenhagen shows the party how the lifestream works. Now, I recently discovered the debug room (thanks to (Ficedula's) ahem Qhimm's  :oops:  Jenova editor) and as it only modifies the location of an existing  savegame (or so it seems), I thought maybe I could get past the point where the game locks up by simply going to one of the debug rooms and calling a scene immediately after the lifestream thing. But which scene would that be? I found an entry point where the party leaves Cosmo Canyon, but from a walkthrough I know that inbetween there's a lot of other things meant to happen. Any help appreciated.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Wait...
« Reply #1 on: 2004-02-09 08:59:09 »
Hi!

I wouldn't recommend you do that. The debug room was never meant to be used for the actual game, which is why it's hidden, so I wouldn't recommend you use that. Even if it play's fine for a while... a glitch or error could popup anywhere. It could also probably mess up your stats. True, you can use 'Jenova' to edit them back... but it would be better IMO if you gave somebody, like me, your savegame so that the person could play through to the next save point. Feel free to send me the save via email if you want.  :wink:

xeriouxi.

case

Cosmo Canyon lockup - can it be solved with the debug room?
« Reply #2 on: 2004-02-09 21:21:36 »
Thanks for your offer. You can download the savegame here

Thanks in advance for your help!

[5 minutes later...]
Oh, I just remembered I should give you my email so you can send it back  :oops:
Check your PM please (how silly of me  :roll: )

case

« Reply #3 on: 2004-02-15 18:20:08 »
Hello? xeriouxi? You still around? Have you been able to download the savegame?

Any other volunteers? If somebody has played my game past the trouble spot, please PM me and I'll give you the email address to send it to. Thanks in advance!  :wink:

jarq

« Reply #4 on: 2004-02-16 18:55:03 »
same problem here
could anyone download also my save and send back to [email protected] or [email protected] ?

thanks in advance