Author Topic: FFVIII Save Utility on WinXP  (Read 3945 times)

ripple

FFVIII Save Utility on WinXP
« on: 2004-03-14 03:33:05 »
Hi all,

I came across the FFVIII Save Utility that allows you to save anywhere.  However, I can't get it to work on WinXP.  The program is located at the following link:

http://titan.spaceports.com/~fax/FF8.htm

According to the author's readme instructions, if the Save Utility does not work, you need to download his trainer and use the Find Address Utility

"If the trainer doesn't recognize the version of Final Fantasy 8 currently running, or the trainer is showing garbage, then try the "Find Address in Memory" utility."

However, when I try it, I receive the message "cannot find FF8 memory space" and "Error code 3".

I tried to contact the author, but my email was bounced back (it is an old game afterall, and he may have likely lost interested and stopped updating his work years ago).

I was wondering if anyone here can help, or know of another program that allows you to save anywhere in FFVIII.  Thank you.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
I remember that..
« Reply #1 on: 2004-03-15 09:22:03 »
Hi!

I remember trying to use a program like that ages ago. I got the same error message saying that it couldn't find the memory space for the game, either. And yes... I was running the game!  :lol:

xeriouxi.