Author Topic: 3D battler attack paterns?  (Read 24331 times)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
3D battler attack paterns?
« on: 2004-04-14 08:57:41 »
Hey, i was wondering if anyone had the info for how the AIs attack in the 3-D battler game in Wonder Square.  I've noticed that the First guy is almost imposible to lose to, especially if you keep using the same attack.  After that, though, things start becoming less coherant in terms of how many garunteed hits you have versus how many garunteed hits the opponent has.

Also, there's no other real pattern I've been able to see: for a few games in a row, i used nothing but high attacks agaisnt the first guy: he still got hit a lot, but he didn't always use the same attacks; sometimes he'd block, or he'd hit me where last time I hit him, so I don't think there's any hard-coded attack sequence.

But it also can't be random, because if i'm using the same attack over and over, over several tries, he's bound to eventually kill me, but he never does (I've tested using all med and low attacks against him, as well).

It also can't be completly random, because teh next several guys are tougher, and teh LAST guy (an invisible entity) CANT be hit: he either blocks your attacks or hits you, BUT he hits you with the same atatck each time (ie, he'll be set to only hit you if you aim high, but the other two attacks are automatically blocked, leaving me to beleive ther IS some kind of autoblock/hit feature designed in the AI.  I cheated and locked myseflf at no hits, and i didn't hit him ONCE after 50 rounds)

But I'd like to know what the exact pattern is, just so I can beat the hing fair and square (and put it up on my webpage, mwha ha!)

Messiah99

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-23 06:18:08 »
Wait a sec, there's someone else AFTER Afro Thunder? Oh man, that's weak, I've never even beat him, anyone else after him I don't even want to think about, haha. But as for your question, I don't know, I tried to find that out myself and after a while just gave up, haha. Oh well, just my two cents.

Nori

• View Profile
Pattern
« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-24 05:19:35 »
If you can't find the attack pattern(s)
Cheat, but use ePSXe (F1 and F3 savestates)!

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Re: Pattern
« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-24 14:25:28 »
Quote from: Nori
If you can't find the attack pattern(s)
Cheat, but use ePSXe (F1 and F3 savestates)!

I played Mike Tysons punch out here at work.. and used the hell out of some savestates.. but it is also more difficult using a keyboard instead of a controller that doesnt respond well to movement combos..

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-25 05:05:15 »
Messiah 99: theres actually TWO guys after Afro Thunder =P  One is a dude in a red mask and cape, and the next is the invisible, invincible cheatmonkey.

I once used Gamehack to give myself infinite hit points in that game, and I wound up taking 20 hits before AF went down.  But now i'm on winxp and Gamehack won't work =/

As it is, i'd need the playstation version to use the emulator, and all i gots is the pc version =\

Messiah99

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-25 05:27:29 »
Wait, TWO after Afro Thunder? Well, I think I know one certain Gold Saucer game that I'll be staying clear of, hahaha. Well, I thought that the game was bad enough with 3 opponents, and here I thought that you could actually win. Guess I was wrong, muahahaha!!! Well, just thought I'd put my two cents in there, heh.

Nori

• View Profile
HEH
« Reply #6 on: 2004-04-27 23:45:41 »
They look-alike:
1. Monk
2. Westler
3. Afroman
4. Batman
5. Invisible-man

Invisible-man refuses to die (40+ hits)
But good GP!

PS - Maybe you shouldn't hit him!? :P
PSS - GS Code:
Chocobos Have Infinite Stamina When Racing - 800B7634 270F
(Use In Gold Saucer Only Or Game May Freeze)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2004-04-28 03:51:59 »
Nori: what, did you make yourself invincible, too? =P

Or did you manage to decypher an attack pattern?

Nori

• View Profile
Waii
« Reply #8 on: 2004-04-28 21:05:06 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele
Nori: what, did you make yourself invincible, too? =P
Always!
There is only one pattern for Invisible-man (Too bad, he won't die) :z

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2004-04-29 05:50:59 »
Well, i mean an attack pattern for Afrothunder and Batman: red =P

Nori

• View Profile
EmperorSteele...
« Reply #10 on: 2004-05-06 01:37:37 »
Muhahaha... ;)

Beat this EmperorSteele 8)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2004-05-06 08:28:33 »
Whats that gotta do with the topic?! =P

[edit] you gotta be some kind of damn cheater.. it takes well over a minute to even GET into time attack mode! grr >=.  I wanan see video as proof, dammit!

I'd accept your challenge, but my game controller decide it doesnt like making right turns halfway through the course >=.

Nori

• View Profile
Invisible-man DUHHH!!!
« Reply #12 on: 2004-05-06 10:54:29 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele
Whats that gotta do with the topic?! =P

[edit] you gotta be some kind of damn cheater.. it takes well over a minute to even GET into time attack mode! grr >=.  I wanan see video as proof, dammit!

I'd accept your challenge, but my game controller decide it doesnt like making right turns halfway through the course >=.
Eh (Weird)??!! 5. Invisible-man? :roll:

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2004-05-07 09:03:28 »
ooohh okay

the first time i saw the pic, joo linked it wrong =P  It was Tifa snowbaording with a moogle, and you beat the course in 54 seconds =P

I never got to invisible-man w/out cheating, hehehehe.