Author Topic: fmv crash  (Read 18134 times)

sleeps

fmv crash
« on: 2005-11-02 17:44:03 »
when the fmv with the meteor in pieces, the movie crashes. is there a way to solve this problem?

Zack

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-02 17:56:56 »
Try copying the movies to your hard drive and running them off there.

See http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/FF7Movietweak.txt for details

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
fmv crash
« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-02 20:35:00 »
Most likely the movie is corrupt. In which case you'll need to beg someone to send you the movie (and do the copy movies to harddriver trick to get it to work) or beg someone to play through for you.

dalai

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-02 21:20:10 »
Actually I think it has to do with the old codec  (TrueMotion 20) that is not produced anymore and very difficult to find anywhere(new ones don't work). But I happened to come across a site that someone put up and that person didn't have the codec.exe to install(deleted it) anymore but he kept the installed file one in Window/System32(I think) folder. It's tm20dec.ax. I just copied that into my System32 and I couldn't believe it. It played all the places that crashed on me! The Gaea's Cliff movie, Weapon coming out of crater movie, etc.. The movie wants to crash but it doesn't. If you want this codec email me. I know it works on both of my laptops and desktops with Windows XP Pro & Home. You must backup your original tm20dec.ax that's in System32(I think) folder before copying the one that I will give you.
Your original will be about 100kb
The one that was given to me is about 300kb.
Try this at your own risk. I've had mine installed for over 2 weeks with no problems with my pc and I'm at the part where you can battle with Ultimate Weapon at Cosmo Canyon. After you see the movie.

Edit* Just defeated him with out crashing, like some members are having crashed on them.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
fmv crash
« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-02 21:27:04 »
Good news?

Wow! That's so cool :). I tried to change the existing codec to not lock-up on errors, but didn't make it. Now I don't need to try.

dziugo

sleeps

fmv crash
« Reply #5 on: 2005-11-03 17:56:44 »
it works

dalai

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #6 on: 2005-11-03 18:39:24 »
Glad I can help. Any one else wants this codec email me.

Cap_Necro

fmv crash
« Reply #7 on: 2005-11-06 15:21:03 »
Can someone send me that file I would be very greatful, have the same problem. My mail adress can be found in my profile or [email protected]

Thx from Chris...

danknugga

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #8 on: 2005-11-06 16:21:11 »
will this codec work for all fmv crashes?  im not really too computer literate, but sometimes my game freezes up on fmv's and i have to restart the program and pray that it works

Cap_Necro

fmv crash
« Reply #9 on: 2005-11-06 18:01:23 »
This Codec can be downloaded at the following adress => http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8I1KI216

Just put it in WINDOWS/system32 as mentioned before.

dalai

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #10 on: 2005-11-06 18:10:39 »
Hey there,

All the movie scene that crashed on me was at Gaea's Cliff, Weapon coming out of crater, Meteror breaking up. Once I put this in and played at those saved points, it didn't crash anymore. I took the codec out to see if it would crash again and it did. I emailed some people who requested this codec and so far one person tried it, besides me, and it worked for them. Just waiting for the others to reply their results.

dalai

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #11 on: 2005-11-06 18:13:51 »
Thanks for the link. Saves me alot of time sending everyone that emailed me about this. I lost the first link where I found this codec.
Be sure to backup your original tm20dec.ax, which should be smaller in size, first before putting this one in.

lif3st3al3r

fmv crash
« Reply #12 on: 2005-11-07 13:13:42 »
It works. Thanks a whole lot =)

-James

dalai

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #13 on: 2005-11-07 13:41:01 »
Alright, good to hear. That makes 3, includeing myself, that works. People say the codec is in the installation cd and it should have been installed when you installed the game. I don't think it was ever in there because I explored the installation cd and there is no TrueMotion 20 codec to be found anywhere on the cd. So this maybe the solution to many movie scene crashing. Missing codec.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
fmv crash
« Reply #14 on: 2005-11-07 14:30:54 »
Quote from: dalai
(...)People say the codec is in the installation cd and it should have been installed when you installed the game. I don't think it was ever in there because I explored the installation cd and there is no TrueMotion 20 codec to be found anywhere on the cd. So this maybe the solution to many movie scene crashing. Missing codec.
Actually it is there. Hidden is a package (F:\dxmedia\redist\dxmedia.exe). The question is: Is it the same on all Installation CDs? (don't think so...)

dziugo

dalai

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #15 on: 2005-11-07 16:45:10 »
You're right. It is there. I took out the codec that I downloaded and install the one in the cd and...... the game crashed at the movie scene again. Took it out, reinstall the tm20dec.ax and no more crashes. Funny and strange. Thanks.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #16 on: 2005-11-08 08:19:03 »
Now THIS is a find.  I think i'll keep this hosted (but hidden) on my site, so that others needn't deal with so many ads and popups.  When i say hidden, i mean that i'm not going to link it anywhere on-site, just in case this isn't exactly legal ;)

I didnt notice any gain in performance (I think the movies may have actually played slower...), but if it helps avert the crashes, then it's all good!

http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/TM20DEC.ax

dalai

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #17 on: 2005-11-08 17:48:21 »
Alright, 4 here and one emailed me back stated it worked for him as well(very happy about it), that makes 5.  Good ideal to have this codec linked because it took me about 2 weeks to find this, really did not like switching the movies to get past the crashing areas. One thing I don't understand is why the movies didn't crash on disk 1, only started on disk2?

Thanks for posting your results members.

dziugo

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #18 on: 2005-11-08 19:55:16 »
Quote from: dalai
One thing I don't understand is why the movies didn't crash on disk 1, only started on disk2?
After making this topic, 1 (one) person emailed me the results of his test (thanks black_thunder) and basing on that data I can say, that on Disc1 the only movie which is different from the "normal" (mine :P) is gold7_2.avi (fireworks in Gold Saucer - the one which produced hang-ups on some PCs). On Disc2 however, the list is bigger:
Code: [Select]
biglight.avi
canon.avi
canonhlp.avi
canonht0.avi
canonon.avi
c_scene1.avi
c_scene2.avi
c_scene3.avi
dumcrush.avi
explode.avi
feelwin0.avi
gelnica.avi
gold4.avi
greatpit.avi
hwindjet.avi
junsea.avi
lslmv.avi
parashot.avi
phoenix.avi
rckethit1.avi
rcketoff.avi
u_ropein.avi
weapon0.avi
weapon1.avi
weapon3.avi
weapon5.avi
wh2e2.avi
Still wondering why the crashes started on Disc2? :P

dziugo

chuachongchee

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #19 on: 2005-11-14 02:57:09 »
Is this able to slove the crash at the crater cutscene in disc 2?? The one after the 2 headed dragon..

dalai

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #20 on: 2005-11-14 20:08:54 »
That's Gaea's Cliff. That's where my first crash started. You won't know unless you try this for yourself. I just beat the game without any other problems. But I did take out the codec to see what other crashes there is and you're going to encounter alot of movie crashes. I don't know what to tell you but it worked for me and 5 other members that tried this. Try it if you like. If not, there is no other solution but for changing the moving files.

Good luck.

tl2e3le4f

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #21 on: 2005-11-16 05:58:52 »
Try using gypt, it helped me in a lot of places. This is the link to download gypt. http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4505&highlight=gypt It shows you how to use it and when in that thread.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
fmv crash
« Reply #22 on: 2005-11-16 20:26:17 »
^^^
Heh...you may want to pay attention to Handles in the future....

DemonSeed

fmv crash
« Reply #23 on: 2005-11-17 20:13:20 »
it didnt work for me, anyone kno where i can get the movie files from??

dziugo

• View Profile
fmv crash
« Reply #24 on: 2005-11-17 21:10:55 »
Quote from: DemonSeed
it didnt work for me, anyone kno where i can get the movie files from??
What do you mean by "the movie files"?