Author Topic: My FF8 Sound effects don't work!  (Read 3894 times)

DrakenZ

• View Profile
My FF8 Sound effects don't work!
« on: 2008-03-11 16:04:52 »
I recently installed FF8 and installed the non-geforce patch aswell as the FF8_Launcher. And for some reason when i'm in game, the sound effects do not work.

I have tried going through the config and changing the audio many times but no luck. Once i get in game i'm saved outside of balamb garden and i hear the field music but as soon as i get into a battle i can't hear any monster cries or weapon slashing, i can't hear magic draw or use. I can't hear anything other than the music.

I've checked in game options and the audio is at 100%, and I also tried other games and they all work perfectly.

I also uninstalled my audio drivers and reinstalled them and it still didn't work.

[PC Specs]
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 5000+ (2.6 dual core)
GIGABYTE S-Series Motherboard GA-MA69VM-S2
2x 1GB DDR2 OCZ Ramsticks with factory heat syncs.
ATI Radeon 2600 Pro (512 MB Graphics card) with latest drivers.
Onboard Realtek HD Audio 8.1 Channel Surround Sound with latest drivers.
[Hard drives]
40GB IDE Seagate for windows installation
320GB SATA Western Digital for all Games.
500GB SATA Seagate for downloading (Anime and Programs)

If any other information is needed let me know, i've been trying to fix this stupid problem all day yesterday while browsing the forums searching for a fix but had no luck.

Please and Thank you for reading.

DrakenZ

• View Profile
Re: My FF8 Sound effects don't work!
« Reply #1 on: 2008-03-20 21:20:20 »
Be proud of yourselves... I found my solution (was to format) and beat the game already and i still have had no help from anyone, or even a reply of any sort. So good job guys

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #2 on: 2008-03-21 21:18:43 »
Oh, I can tell you why some people didn't bother to post:
 - They didn't know the answer
 - You posted a lot of text, who'd read that??
 - You bragged with your config (btw. 8 channels == 7.1)
 - You posted in the wrong subforum
 - Maybe they didn't know the answer ? ? ??

This is from your other post:
I hope someone solves this for you, (...) We need someone to get this fixed badly lol
Oh yeah. "I hope someone solves this for you, because it might fix my problem. Otherwise I don't care."

So, you registered only because you got a problem and posted only about it. Sure, that's how the community works.

DrakenZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-03-22 19:47:47 »
generally is how communities work, you register to post a problem or answer something for somebody else. Why did you register:?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #4 on: 2008-03-24 09:04:41 »
generally is how communities work, you register to post a problem or answer something for somebody else. Why did you register:?
Sure, but you didn't bother to help anyone else. Oh, except for those cheers "I hope you got that fixed" I mentioned. So you didn't even try to help anyone, yet you say "Be proud of yourselves", "Good job guys" in a sarcastic manner, like we were all obligated to buy FF8, install it, check if we got the same problem, and then answer your post with a solution.

And you can easily check why I registered. Just check my first post. It's not about FF8 though, so you probably won't search for it. I mean, it won't help you, right? So you shouldn't care.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-03-30 15:33:27 »
I just feel I should mention, as a new member, I registered to post a question about a problem/qeurie, but on the same night I also posted helping someone out with a problem for FFVII, just feel I should mention that incase you see someone with less than ten posts and think.....idiot....
 :-P

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-03-30 17:45:39 »
I know nothing about FFVIII but I can tell you this about FFVII...  I've only been on these forums for about 9 months or so and pretty regularly stop by.  But when I see someone who registered to ask a question that has been answered multiple times,  I naturally assume that they are grown-up and intelligent enough to search if it's already been fixed.

I'm relatively sure your problem has been solved previously, but atleast you finally got it fixed.
« Last Edit: 2008-03-30 17:49:30 by obesebear »