Author Topic: [Release - Version1.1] Origional Field Model Sephiroth Patch  (Read 78965 times)

Scorpicus

• View Profile
    • Scorpicus' Most Amazing Orange Website
Re: [Release] Origional Field model Sephiroth Patch
« Reply #25 on: 2007-09-24 13:16:46 »
Speaking of bugs, I got an email (from someone who I don't think is on the forum) reporting that the game crashed whenever they used one of Sephiroth's limit breaks.  This is kinda weird because the limit breaks work fine (overlooking the weird animations) on the PCs I've tested the patch with.

Anyone else had this problem?

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007-09-24 15:25:09 »
Scorpicus

On the Sephiroth Patch i'm making, i get this bug too it seems random.
But happens more on the Braver Limit. If i fix it i will let you know

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007-09-24 20:47:51 »
No bugs here.
I'll update if I get any though.

Sephiroth 1311

• View Profile
    • http://www.sadnescity.it
« Reply #28 on: 2007-09-29 09:45:48 »
Any news about the future release? :D

Amyfers

« Reply #29 on: 2007-09-30 09:37:31 »
Hiya!

Is this mod compatible with the NCP reconstruction patch?

If so, which order do I need to install them in- Sephiroth's patch first or the NCP patch?

Thanks for reading :D

Scorpicus

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007-09-30 13:08:36 »
Amyfers:  Nope, it's not compatible with the NPC patch - or at least the field model swaps aren't.    You're having trouble getting Seph to turn up in battles using the NPC Seph patch, right?  You could download the small version of my patch and then apply the part for battles, after applying the NPC patch and Ice Cold's Seph patch.  I think that would work.  :wink:

And now for a progress update!  I've finished editing the cutsecenes and they work great on my laptop.  However, I've tested them with another computer and they don't play well in game (although, outside the game, they play fine).  In game, they display in green and black.  Most weird.  So, I'm gonna have to look into that.

Check out a prewiew of the new cutscenes here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWeRkNlrgOg

I've finished swapping all the swords over in the field that I missed in version 1.0 (Tifa holding the Masamune etc.) except the Masamune model that the President has been stabbed with.  It's a tricky devil as, for the replacement Buster sword to display correctly, I have to rotate it and move it to the right place.  However, as it is a single P file, I don't have anything to judge distance against thus it's proving difficult.

Before the release of version 1.1, I'm also gonna create 20 subtle variations of the Masamune so Sephy can use different swords. 

Don't worry guys, the mods not dead or anything   :-P
« Last Edit: 2007-10-05 11:47:26 by Scorpicus »

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007-09-30 13:13:01 »
A good way to get the Buster Sword to line up would be add the Masamune to a model, take note of it's postion, then on the same model add the Buster Sword, rotate to the Masamunes postion and save over the Masamune .p file.

Scorpicus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007-09-30 18:19:34 »
Well, I've solved the glitch in the cutscenes - I had to disable the True motion codec in the ffdshow configuration.  I've included complete instructions on how to do this in the trouble shooting area of the Read Me.  Who wants to take bets on how many "plz help me im a noob" messages we're gonna get in this thread that could be solved by reading it?  :-D

Anyways, you can download the cut scene updation pack here: 
http://files.filefront.com/Sephiroth+Cut+Scene+Packzip/;8721283;/fileinfo.html

All the cutscenes depicting Cloud or Sephiroth have been re-edited to either swap their roles over or in some scenes, where that wasn't possible, edit out the character completely.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 2007-10-05 11:47:11 by Scorpicus »

Sephiroth 1311

• View Profile
Ahahaha... that's fantastic.  :-o
As for the new katanas... have you thought about their names?
Or will you just change Buster Sword, UltimaWeapon (to Masamune, and Cloud's Masamune to Buster Sword... or you could give him UltimaWapon! :D )?

Keep up the fantastic work, I've been waiting for YEARS for a patch like yours. ;)
After finishing the 1.1., I'd like to make a conversion for the Italian version, but I'll have to ask you a pair of things. :P

See ya

Amyfers

"You could download the small version of my patch and then apply the part for battles, after applying the NPC patch and Ice Cold's Seph patch"

Yep, tried that already :mrgreen:

What happened was everyone else in the game showed up as high res, Sephy appeared in battle but in the field, he was the pixely lego version, and his face had these weird white patches on it  :lol:

So I gave up and put in your patch instead :D
Which I have to say works brilliantly, getting Don to pick Sephiroth was the funniest thing ever  :lol:

Only thing is his limits make the game crash some of the time, but I use them anyway as they are so funny  :lol:

(btw the date scenes you made on youtube are legend  8-) put heidigger in one, that would bring the lols!  :-P)

sword

• View Profile
The cutscenes are very cheesy, yet very effective.

Good job, man!

Sephiroth 1311

• View Profile
A question, Scorpicus: does the movie patch need to be applied on (?) the original movies?
I'm currently using movies ripped from the PSX version and converted to DivX, and their quality is (slightly) superior.

Is not possible to upload only your edited movies, instead of using an exe which needs the original movies to work?

Scorpicus

• View Profile
Amyfers:  The limits crash the game sometimes?  Is it just Braver?  Feed me info! 

And yes, I should totally make a Heidegger/Scarlet date  :-P  Gyhahahahaha x Nyhahahahaha are meant to be together!  Ahem, back on topic...

Sword:   :-D

Sephiroth:  Yep, the patch has to be applied to an unaltered set of movies.  I don't want to upload the raw edited movies as I'm toeing the legality line as it is, but, with a patch, it ensures that you have to own a copy of FFVII to work the movies - I'm not just handing them out to every Joe.  Honestly, I don't think Square could care less that some kid is modding their property, but best to play safe.  8-)

You could back up your new improved movies, reinstall the game, apply the movie patch, then replace all the movies that havn't been changed with your higher quality ones.  The only movies the patch changes are:  "bike,  c_scene2, c_scene3, dumcrush, earithdd, ending1, ending2, fallpl, funeral, hiwind0, jenova_e, nivlsfs, ontrain, parashot, southmk"

It's probably faster to do that, then download another 100 and something mbs anyway  :-P

I've taken the new sword names from a "katana selling" website.   Yay for authenticity!

Sephiroth 1311

• View Profile
Sephiroth:  Yep, the patch has to be applied to an unaltered set of movies.  I don't want to upload the raw edited movies as I'm toeing the legality line as it is, but, with a patch, it ensures that you have to own a copy of FFVII to work the movies - I'm not just handing them out to every Joe.  Honestly, I don't think Square could care less that some kid is modding their property, but best to play safe.  8-)

You could back up your new improved movies, reinstall the game, apply the movie patch, then replace all the movies that havn't been changed with your higher quality ones.  The only movies the patch changes are:  "bike,  c_scene2, c_scene3, dumcrush, earithdd, ending1, ending2, fallpl, funeral, hiwind0, jenova_e, nivlsfs, ontrain, parashot, southmk"

It's probably faster to do that, then download another 100 and something mbs anyway  :-P

I've taken the new sword names from a "katana selling" website.   Yay for authenticity!
Alright, I'll do this. ;)
Anyway, I think you should add to the readme the list you just wrote... it may be useful to those who use "improved movies" (these movies were made by one of the Italian translator, so they're quite common for Italian FF7 players).

Amyfers

"The limits crash the game sometimes?  Is it just Braver?  Feed me info!"

Sure  :-D
Braver and Cross Slash crash the game about half the time, but Blade beam and Climhazzard (limit level 2) are fine, they just look a bit dodgey :P

(or put Heidegger + Wedge in a date scene, Wedge is my favourite  8-) )

sword

• View Profile
Problem.

I did as the readme said and downloaded K-Lite and what not.
But now teh Videos aren't showing up. The sounds fine, but I get no visual.

Scorpicus

• View Profile
So you've downloaded the K-lite codec pack and configured ffdshow to disable the Truemotion codec like so:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/Scorpicus/Sephiroth%20Patch/codec.jpg

If that didn't work you could try installing the "Upside down movies patch".  That solves most movie problems.  Download it here:  http://aaronserv.dyndns.org/hosting/ffsf/downloads/ff7betap1.zip

EDIT:  I've updated the ReadMe for those who download it next. 
« Last Edit: 2007-10-05 11:52:50 by Scorpicus »

steven

• View Profile
This is pretty cool :) Tho I would have loved to see a ver compatible with the npc char mods and have everybody looking a bit nicer :P

Scorpicus

• View Profile
Well, there's already a Sephiroth patch for the NPC patch - I didn't think there was much point making another one  :-P  You can still use the cutscenes with Ice Cold's patch.

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
Hey, you could try to use my FieldTool program for text changes. You can just pack txt files with changed dialogues and distribute them with this program (and maybe a small .bat file to install it).

You can try it now, but don't expect that it'll be bug-free, it's a rather fresh project. If you find some bugs, please tell me :).
« Last Edit: 2007-10-17 18:16:24 by M4v3R »

device00

Hey Scorpicus.

Do you know how to exhibit the "xxda" files (animation files) in a convenient way?

Because I installed your patch, and it´s really nice, but in the battles, like you said, the animations really make someone cry.

I tried to make a Cloud dressed like Sephiroth, like an alien. Cloud´s skeleton with Sephiroth´s skin. The results was worst than I expected. Here is some pictures.

It´s strange to see Sephiroth doing Cloud´s secret movement of victory.
The hair will be cutted, there isn´t any way to add bones on the model. "Borde" said something like this in a topic.
I used the Sephiroth from the final fight ´cause he have more disdain in his eyes. His eyes underestimates everyone.

I was thinking that if there is some way to manually edit the animation file (there aren´t programs to edit it) the results could be better.
Example:

The X Y Z position of Sephiroth´s Mega Punch is "5354321". So we just copy this from an animation file to another.
It´s simple to say but probably very hard to do. Does that file need some programming tool like the ones for C++?

I tried with hexadecimal code, but when I saw all those codes from the hell, I run away.

If you or someone knows how to decode The Matrix!...

Thanks in advance.

Scorpicus

• View Profile
Device:  I did consider changing Sephiroth to Cloud as you have done, but, Sephiroth isn't really Sephiroth without his own animations - it's not his style twirling the sword in the air etc.

The reason there are no programs to edit the battle animations (I think) is that the battle animation format hasn't been totally decoded.  Somthing about it was flummoxing the (awesome  :-D) programmers on here. 

You're just gonna have to get stuck in with a hex editor and experiment  :-P  And check out Qhimms wiki - could be somthing enlightening written there.

M4v3R:  Cool - looks like we're going to get a small version of the patch complete with text changes coming soon!

I'm actually creating the auto-installers for V1.1 as I type - might have them uploaded this evening.  I'm spending my friday night doing this cos I'm cool :-P  Version 1.1 solves all the glitches written in the first post (and more) except the battle animations; Cloud in the snowboard mini game; the single Masamune field model not being swapped over for the Buster Sword and Sephiroth is still stuck with using the Masamune all the time for a weapon.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-20 13:47:34 by Scorpicus »

Scorpicus

• View Profile
Version 1.1 is ready for you to download and you've got a choice of three patches!  See first post.

Enjoy!

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
Awsome mod Scorpicus ive been waiting nearly 8 years for someone to do a full conversion thanks :-D .

One problem I cant seem to use your modified movies all the originals play fine but if I get to a scene where one of your movies are used the game crashes I figured they may have been converted differently than the originals.

Hope you manage to figure out how to let Sephiroth have modified Masamunes that would be the icing on the cake, the battle animation fix would be nice but I know that would be a big project :-)
« Last Edit: 2007-10-21 12:45:33 by DeadManInBlack »

Scorpicus

• View Profile
The swords will come in version 1.2 - probably the final version.  So far I've made ten swords, just five more to go:-D

For all those having trouble with the movies, carry out this procedure:

Download the full K-lite codec pack:  http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=3803&s=95

Install it, when promted to delete all installed codecs and corrupted entries, select yes.  When you are asked which type of pack you want to install, select the deafult.  At the end of the installation (where it would normally ask you if you want to resart your computer now, read the Read Me etc.) run the ffdshow video decoder configuration.

Scroll down the main window until you find the row with format "True motion 1,2".  Under the "decoder" collumn, click on "libavcodec" and change it to "disabled".

See screenshot of what I mean here:  http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/Scorpicus/Sephiroth%20Patch/codec.jpg

Select "apply" then O.K.   

That should fix it.  If not, download and install the Upside Down Movies patch here:  http://aaronserv.dyndns.org/hosting/ffsf/downloads/ff7betap1.zip