Author Topic: [Release I] "Wall Market" Kernel.bin editor [Release Candidate I ready!]  (Read 20177 times)

Gingercat

• View Profile
I've provided my initial observations and suggestions for this very nifty project's beta.

Hope they're useful :)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
There has been an update. Read the first post.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Amazing pace you're keeping there, and again, amazing project. Keep up the amazing work!

Gingercat

• View Profile
This is (awesome)3 :-D

I bet the FF7 dev's never saw this coming when they first made this spectacular game... Even now they'd probably be surprised at the fanbase's dedication to keeping alive (and in some cases like this, improving) FF7.

I'm excited! :-o :D

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
'Nother update made. Read first post again

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
@NFITC1

Regarding your question about limit breaks, I had some problems finding the data for them as well. It seems (and I hope that I am wrong about this) that there is nothing about them in kernel.bin. The only attack data that I found for limit breaks was in ff7.exe for the PC version and in MENU\LIMTMENU.MNU for the PSX version.

Gingercat

• View Profile
Weeeeeee!!

Just how much ass does this project kick? The bugs are getting stomped and sprayed left and right, the changes reflect in-game beautifully, and I'm having lots of fun with it :lol:

Again I say:

Weeeeeee!!

:D 8-) :-D

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
I updated the image of the "Attacks" tab with a modification of my own. And yes, it worked. XD
Now, I'm in desperate need of a PSX copy of the KERNEL.BIN file (I don't think they're identical). If anyone has one, please let me know or just email me. I have one now. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-06 18:06:26 by NFITC1 »

Gingercat

• View Profile
I have provided said needed file as an English version, and have also played with WallMarket using a German version of it.

WM doesn't care which language it's working with; doesn't complain :)

I updated the image of the "Attacks" tab with a modification of my own. And yes, it worked. XD

Image?

Edit: Oh yeah, the FAQ in the .zip is a bit... Outdated now too ;)
« Last Edit: 2008-10-04 10:02:32 by Gingercat »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog

Image?

Check the first post.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-04 14:02:55 by NFITC1 »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
*sigh*

If I were at home right now, I'd do one more thing to this and upgrade it's status from Beta Phase IV to RC1. I think I've found and exterminated all the bugs. Even though there is still some missing information, it's fully workable. I just want to add a little bit of "bling" to it and it'll be ready for public consumption.

Gingercat

• View Profile

Image?

Check the first post.

Ohhh, I understand now. Changing the properties of the "Ice" spell. Nice :D

It's all working *very* nicely; several of my friends are very big FF7 fans, and they can't wait to have a go at using WallMarket. Every time I describe another of the things it can do, they basically drool :evil: I'm so mean! :lol:

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Now THIS is exciting!
Haven't had nothing like this for ages :)
I'm guessing you are 100% clued on all the possible values that could be used for all the items/equipment/etc?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Not 100%, no. That's why this will probably continue to be a WIP even after it's released. I need values for the unknowns, but every unknown that is not always null is editable.

Speaking of a release. I believe it is ready for public use. I have tested it several dozen times on all tabs and it continues to reflect all the changes I've been making. All I need now is a host.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Third double-post in this thread, but I can't think of a better way to get people's attention to this new development:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7928.0

Have fun.