Author Topic: (ff7)does any one have a program that allows starting materia switch?  (Read 16933 times)

burnloungaz

• www.burnloungaz.synthasite.com
    • View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
i need to make it where cloud starts with a custom made materia. i would also like to know if there is a way to add skills, accessories or armour in the game. if so i also need to get a program that allows changes in events like removing or switching pick up items. a shop item/price changer would be nice. but i mostly need the starting materia program if its possible. please add a quick tutorial.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
i need to make it where cloud starts with a custom made materia. i would also like to know if there is a way to add skills, accessories or armour in the game. if so i also need to get a program that allows changes in events like removing or switching pick up items. a shop item/price changer would be nice. but i mostly need the starting materia program if its possible. please add a quick tutorial.

http://www.qhimm.com/

1. Download Jenova.
2. Select your savefile (1. savepoint is in the reactor #1)
3. Give yourself Items & Materia and change the equipped armor with jenova (since you don't have the materiatab ingame yet)
4. Save the file and play FF7.

There are several tutorials in the board, and also some infos in the wiki. =)

http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Technical/Customising

Greetings

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
thats not what im trying to do
 jenova just has the working made materia. i have a special one i made from a dummy materia. its not on the list. i need to edit the starting equipment. so cloud starts with it at the very begining.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
thats not what im trying to do
 jenova just has the working made materia. i have a special one i made from a dummy materia. its not on the list. i need to edit the starting equipment. so cloud starts with it at the very begining.

Ah, i understand what you mean. That was exactly what i tried to do with the KERNEL.BIN. ^^ Although i am missing some files. :/

I don't know how you can do that, sorry. I don't know where the startequipment is stored also.

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
well i hope some one could help. the only way i can get it in the game is threw the debug menu.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
If you want to change the equipment and materia that the characters have at the start of the game, you'll need to hex edit kernel.bin3. The next incarnation of Wall Market should be able to do this the easy way, but for now, you must hex edit. Look at "Table 2: Character Record" on this page. Open up your kernel.bin file (Wall Market can help you do this), edit what you want to edit, and use Wall Market again to put it back together.

So let's say you want Cloud to start off with an Ultima Weapon, Ziedrich armour and a Ribbon accessory: you'll need to change 0x1C from 00 (the weapon ID for the Buster Sword) to 0F (the ID for Ultima Weapon - Wall Market can help you find IDs for weapons, armour, accessories and materias, just change the ID from the decimal number to its hexadecimal equivalent), changing 0x1D from 00 to 1D will give him Ziedrich armour and changing 0x1E from FF to 12 will give him a ribbon. If you want to change his materia, edit the bytes from 0x40 to 0x7F, making sure that his weapon and armour have the right slots. What is in each slot is determined by four bytes, whereof the first is materia ID (look at the ID on Wall Market again) and the next three are the amount of AP the materia has (FF FF FF = master materia). So, if you want him to have mastered "Comet" materia instead of "Lightning" materia with 0 AP, change 0x40-0x43 from 34 00 00 00 to 40 00 00 00.

If you want to know about how the prices in shops work, look at this thread.

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
tyvm

now where is this hex editer?

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
nm im retarted

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
where is the best hex editor to use?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I use HxD. It's freeware.

By the way, please don't make consecutive posts; the forum rules say that if you want to say something new when no-one else has posted, use the "modify" button in the top right corner of your post instead.

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
All right i got the materia added but barret is screwed up.

http://FF7patching.synthasite.com
go to common errors for screen shots.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
All right i got the materia added but barret is screwed up.

http://FF7patching.synthasite.com
go to common errors for screen shots.

It looks like you're trying to inflict both Fury and Sadness on Barret at once. Poor guy. What would that be? Clinical depression?

Anyway, it looks like 0xA3 in your KERNEL.BIN section 3 is something other than 00, 10, or 20. Fury and Sadness should be mutually exclusive statuses, but by forcing both on Barret you're making act weird.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
If i remember the rules right, ultima edition isn't supported..

FF7 XP Ultimate Edition Patch/Mod Site

• Animevamp's (Controversial) XP Patch.zip
    Size : 9164 Kb

Raphael Jones' NoCD Cracks.rar
    Size : 3 Kb

Just wanted to mention that..

Edit: Here.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7392.0

Quote from: Synergy Blades
As the previous sticky was getting full, and the debate had run its course some time ago I thought I'd reiterate the board rules on a fresh sticky, and keep it locked).

We will not help you with any issues you experience should you be using any copy of an FF game that has been downloaded, pirated, torrented, etc. This includes the so-called FF7 "Ultima edition". If you are using these, or perhaps all your FMVs are zero bytes and empty to make the download size smaller, simply don't ask for help, for you will get none here and your thread will be locked.

If you really have to ask why this rule is in place, then this is due to the unethical and illegal nature of pirating the game, as well as the probability that your illegal copies of the game will have extra bugs on top of what we already have to deal with when it comes to the original. Please do not chime in with a debate on the matter as it will not do anything to change the rule, and as such this thread remains locked.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-04 05:46:57 by Jonnylossus »

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
the only value i edited was the 3rd materia slot for cloud i didnt even attempt to change barrets stats at all. but can some one email be the kernal files so i can try again? [email protected]

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
What about back ups? :mrgreen:

If you can use the german file too, look for the link in this thread. I posted it earlier.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
What are these "editers" and "walk troughs" your site claims it has?  Did you ask any of the developers here if you could host their patches on your site?  Seeing as it goes against everything people are doing here, I doubt it.  I guess nothing can be done about it, but it just shows good form and a respect to those that made the patches.  Of course if you have a pirated copy of the game you don't even respect those that made the game.  I guess your moral compass is all sorts of fuzzucked up.  Genius here promotes his website for support of the pirated version of the game.  I don't think I've ever seen anything that... "special."

Edit:
Quote from: burnloungaz
nm im retarted

Wow he even spelled retarded wrong!  :lol:
« Last Edit: 2008-12-04 13:49:18 by Otokoshi »

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
well since all the programs have thier makers names in the read me or the about section of the program and the fact that i never said i made any of them there shouldnt be a problem. its only there for an easy access to the files so people dont have to spend hours finding them. its just a quick pick up place.

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
If i remember the rules right, ultima edition isn't supported..

FF7 XP Ultimate Edition Patch/Mod Site

• Animevamp's (Controversial) XP Patch.zip
    Size : 9164 Kb

Raphael Jones' NoCD Cracks.rar
    Size : 3 Kb

Just wanted to mention that..

Edit: Here.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7392.0

Quote from: Synergy Blades
As the previous sticky was getting full, and the debate had run its course some time ago I thought I'd reiterate the board rules on a fresh sticky, and keep it locked).

We will not help you with any issues you experience should you be using any copy of an FF game that has been downloaded, pirated, torrented, etc. This includes the so-called FF7 "Ultima edition". If you are using these, or perhaps all your FMVs are zero bytes and empty to make the download size smaller, simply don't ask for help, for you will get none here and your thread will be locked.

If you really have to ask why this rule is in place, then this is due to the unethical and illegal nature of pirating the game, as well as the probability that your illegal copies of the game will have extra bugs on top of what we already have to deal with when it comes to the original. Please do not chime in with a debate on the matter as it will not do anything to change the rule, and as such this thread remains locked.

Thanks.

its a bought copy

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
well since all the programs have thier makers names in the read me or the about section of the program and the fact that i never said i made any of them there shouldnt be a problem. its only there for an easy access to the files so people dont have to spend hours finding them. its just a quick pick up place.

There is the issue about distribution. If you're hosting those files you claim to have, when/if the editor is updated then you'll have an outdated version of it. Having the permission to distribute the editor is the best way to ensure that you have the authorized (notice that the word is "author"-ized?) updated version and that the people downloading it know that you didn't do anything malicious to it like try to make a fake version of it and pass it off as the real thing. If something goes wrong (if it is not what it claims to be) people start pestering the claimed author about it and YOU become liable. It's more to protect you than the ownership of the editor/program.
I don't want people making WallMarket clones that erase people's system settings or try to steal email information. That diminishes my status as an author of the editor even though I'm not the one that made it. I'm not accusing you of doing any of this, but I've seen it happen before.

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
its a bought copy

Please use the Edit-Button though..

FF7 XP Ultimate Edition

The Ultimate Edition / Ultima Edition is not / was not / will never be a buyable version..

STICKY: Pirated games, downloaded games, Ultima editions. -> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7392.0

I just wanted to mention that, i am not a mod here.

And you have a NoCD Crack on your Site.. -> Illegal, in this case.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Quote from: burnloungaz

I never said anything about plagiarizing anyone's work.  If you're posting anyone's work on your website, it's usually a common courtesy to ask their permission to do so.  Most of the time it is welcome because it's just another mirror for those to download.  Some authors prefer to have their work only downloaded from one place.  I'm sure places exist that have all files in a central location, but there is no support for those with a pirated version.

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
well i will remove all the patches, mods, and programs and down my site till i have authorization from the makers. The site was just there for people to get what they needed. about having the ultima edition. i got that originally but i dought it was ultima. it was the one with the fake avis and the video playback problem. then i just baught a copy from amazon.it still counts as the ultima edition because im still using the lgp files cause its compressed. I dont take any of this as some one getting on my butt over nothing. so i will get the permission I need from the makers.

p.s. NFITC1  what do i do to get permission for wallmarket?
« Last Edit: 2008-12-05 21:14:17 by burnloungaz »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
the only value i edited was the 3rd materia slot for cloud i didnt even attempt to change barrets stats at all. but can some one email be the kernal files so i can try again? [email protected]

i just baught a copy from amazon.it

So, have you got hold of a kernel.bin file yet? If you have the discs, couldn't you copy the kernel.bin file from one of those?

Jonnylossus

• View Profile
So, have you got hold of a kernel.bin file yet? If you have the discs, couldn't you copy the kernel.bin file from one of those?

Sure he could.. If he has it. :p

@burnloungaz

The files are compressed different (and also modified), so there may be errors. That's why this version is not supported here (and because it is unethical). Maybe you should try the original version.. Just an idea.

burnloungaz

• View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
Thats What I did