Author Topic: Final Fnatasy VII Remake Music Replacement Pack (FF7 Steam)  (Read 5458 times)

lssjcorey

• View Profile

Hello, my name is Corey, and I have made a mod that replaces the music in the Steam release of Final Fantasy VII with the Remake versions from the new game on PS4. 30 songs have been replaced with the new compositions and are as follows:

Hurry!
Lurking In The Darkness
Fighting
Honeybee Manor
Those Chosen By The Planet
Crazy Motorcycle Chase
Still More Fighting
Don of The Slums
Under The Rotting Pizza
Aerith's Theme
Flowers Blooming In The Church
Victory Fanfare
Gold Saucer
Who Am I?
Trail of Blood
Anxious Heart
mako reactor
Ahead On Our Way
bombing mission
Requiem - game over
prelude
Red 13's theme
turk's theme
Oppressed
Mark of a Traitor
The Shinra Corporation
Infiltrating Shinra Tower
Main Theme (overworld)
tifa's theme

It is planned to eventually replace the whole soundtrack, but not all songs have been remade yet and a lot of the jukebox versions are in such low quality they would not sound good in game. However to accomadate for some songs, alternative arrangements from other sources have been used.

Both One Winged Angel and the Chocobo race victory theme use arrangements from Dissidia Final Fantasy.

I am currently having issues replacing the opening music as well due to the new version not properly synching with the video and I am currently working on modifying the mix for that. I am also trying to work on properly looping and implementing Electric de Chocobo.

The following link will allow you to download my first public release of the mod. This is my first ever mod so please leave feedback

« Last Edit: 2020-05-10 22:58:09 by sl1982 »

Buendi97

• View Profile
Hey, amazing job! I was looking forward a mod like this and I enjoyed a lot. Thanks!
After playing the first part, I realized that some compositions sound really low (like battle soundtrack) and others lauder. You should adjust the volume of the soundtracks and make them sound all of them at the same volume.
I will be following your work! Thank you again!

Buendi97

• View Profile
And I tried to use your mod with other audio mods to complete the missing soundtracks, but the other ones didn't work and the game plays the original game soundtrack. Could you try to solve it?

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Shame you didn't make these from the ripped PS4 sound files that are floating around, not that the moderators would allow it here anyway

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
This is against the rules. You cannot put stuff ripped from other games .

lssjcorey

• View Profile
And I tried to use your mod with other audio mods to complete the missing soundtracks, but the other ones didn't work and the game plays the original game soundtrack. Could you try to solve it?

I think I know what the problem is and its a really simple one. I didn't know how to replace only certain tracks so I copied over the default sounds into the IRO for the missing songs. I'll see if it works if I delete the missing songs

lssjcorey

• View Profile
Shame you didn't make these from the ripped PS4 sound files that are floating around, not that the moderators would allow it here anyway

I didn't even know those existed, and I edited the songs anyway just to work and loop properly in the gmae

Mabinog

• View Profile
The OST comes out in a few weeks, so I would wait until then to get some higher quality versions of the songs. It's not against the rules of the forum to use music from official OSTs, right?

Spoiler: show
And might I suggest an option to use Barret's version of the victory theme?  :P

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
It's not against the rules of the forum to use music from official OSTs, right?
All ripped content is against the rules.  That's why, for example, Carlucci has been taking meticulous care to contact the authors/remixers of everything he's putting into his music selector mod.