Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Deet's XG Pack  (Read 6717 times)

Dte102

• View Profile
[FF7PC-98/Steam] Deet's XG Pack
« on: 2020-05-27 02:33:36 »
If you're feeling a bit nostalgic for the old XG MIDIs then I got you covered.  All the original XG MIDIs run through the Yamaha S-YXG50 softsynth which is similar if not almost exactly the same as the softsynth included in the original 1998 Eidos release.  Now all in the ogg file format as well as looped seamlessly.  Some enhancements were done to the MIDIs such as some were edited to loop more like their original PSX counterparts, and One-Winged Angel was edited to have Vocals added back into it.  If you want a more authentic MIDI experience, I included a version that doesn't have vocals as well.

There's three versions that can be downloaded.  An IRO to be used with 7th Heaven, an ogg pack that is set up to be used with FFNx but can be freely used however someone liked, and a version set up to be easily installed on The Reunion.  I've also included two extras with an edited opening FMV (Credit goes to Satsuki for his upscaled original FMV) and three sound effects that was with the rest of the MIDIs.

Here's a playlist someone made of what these sound like through this softsynth: Link

And here's my edited vocal version of One-Winged Angel: Link (Vocals start at around the 1:00 mark.)

Downloads
Install instructions are in the readme for the 7z files, while with 7th Heaven you should be able to auto-import it by double clicking the iro.

7th Heaven IRO: Main Download Mirror
OGG Pack/FFNx: Main Download Mirror
The Reunion: Main Download Mirror

Extras

(Again credit goes to Satsuki for his upscale)
Opening FMV: Main Download Mirror
Sound Effects: Main Download Mirror

Rcarlucci

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Deet's XG Pack
« Reply #1 on: 2020-05-28 21:48:23 »
would you mind if I used these in the music selector? if yes, i would need a nice 1000 x 1000 logo the represents you or your mod.