Author Topic: Final Boss Encounter Ideas!  (Read 5813 times)

blacksycho

Final Boss Encounter Ideas!
« on: 2009-07-19 22:49:29 »
Hey everyone. I've followed your forums now for some days and I think it's really cool to modify FF7 (currently, I'm trying to edit mobs by changing HP and things like that… AI and Attack-Modifying is currently too complex for me as a beginner).

First of all I'd like to say, that I am not a native speaker. But I hope that you can understand me ^^.

I want to present you some ideas for some boss encounters. I hope you like them.

Bizarro Sephiroth:

Body Parts:
333,333 HP (immune to every element and condition, high physical armor) each

As long as they are "alive", the main boss is not vulnerable to any attack (he will simply get 0 damage)

The Body Parts will attack with an -50% HP attack and an -50% MP attack (like Emerald Weapon)

Main:
777,777 HP
Vulnerable, when Body Parts are "dead"

Will resurrect Body Parts, if HP is decreased to 666,666 HP ; 555,555 HP ; 444,444 HP ; 333,333 HP ; 222,222 HP and 111,111 HP (right after the action which decreased his HP down to one of those HP-Limits listed)

Every time he resurrects his Body Parts, he will also cast "Bizarro Blast", which causes 9998 damage to every character and set a 30/60 second death-timer (Death Force will make immune against that; of course any other anti-death thing too);

After getting damage from a magical source, he will cast "Ultima" right after the foe's spell, which will deal ~7000-8000 Damage.

His main attacks (everytime if it's his turn) are Comet2, which will cause 20,000 damage divided over the party (so if one character has bad luck, he will die; if two characters have bad luck, they will die ^^); Frost, which deals 8000~9000 Damage on a single character and which will cause "Stop"; Demi3 which deals 75% of HP as Damage on the entire party.

If his HP reach 0, he will cast Bizarro Blast again, which will bring the party's HP to 1 and weaken them for Safer Sephiroth.

-------------------

Safer Sephiroth:

1st Phase:

Immune to every element & condition

777,777 HP

At the very beginning, he will cast Regeneration (only 1 time), which will regenerate his HP for some turns.

His main attacks are
- Comet2, dealing 25,000 damage divided over the entire party
- Shadow Flare, dealing 9,999 damage to a single character (100% death usually)
- Death's Breath, dealing 7,777 damage to the entire party and cause death, if not immune and it will despell any effect (like MBarrier) on his targets

If he gets hit by any action, he'll cast "Big Guard", if it ran out;

Comet2 and Ultima will make him casting "Angelic Heal", which heals him for 9,999 HP instant and for 3 turns every turn;

If his HP reached a value under 350,000 , he will cast "Supernova" (modified), dealing 9,999 damage to the entire party, except one random (who will get 9,998 damage). He will also cast the modified Supernova, when his HP have reached a value under 0 right after the action.

Then he will switch to his 2nd Phase.

2nd Phase:

½ damage from every source

1,333,333 HP

This phase is more defensive, less offensive.

For "ensuring" his "survival", he'll cast:

- Big Guard
- Angelic Heal
- Cure3 (restores 9,999 HP), after every action of his foes which deals damage

His attacks are:

- Demi3 (to entire party)
- Comet2 (20,000 damage divided over the entire party)
- Break (~9,000 – 9,500 earth damage to single target + stone)

Everytime, he got 400,000 damage (400,000 ; 800,000 ; 1,200,000), he'll cast "Planet Cracker", which deals 9,998 damage to the entire party except 1 random member (who will get 9,999 damage ; usually death). Maybe this attack will have a cool animation (combination between Ultima and Comet2/Meteorain maybe?);
When his HP reach 0, he'll cast "Planet Cracker" again and then he'll switch to Phase 3.

3rd Phase:

500,000 HP

This phase is his bad-ass phase. He'll deal some serious damage. Maybe his model seems to be weakened (hanging a bit there, you know? xD)

Attacks:

- Divine Masamune (9,999 damage to one character, 3,333 damage to the rest of the party)
- MEGA-Comet (like Comet2, but "only" 30,000 damage divided over the entire party; so if one is lucky, he'll survive this)
- JENOVA-Curse (Target Character is imprisoned for 5 turns, getting 4,444 damage each turn); only one character every 5 turns!
- Planet-Breaker (for 3 turns, he will deal 9,998 damage to every character each turn); only if his HP are under 250,000)

If his HP reach 0, he'll switch to his 4th Phase.

4th Phase:

222,222 HP

Maybe a weakened model; This phase is nothing special, just finishing Safer Sephiroth at least

He will be immune to any damage for 3 turns. At the first turn, he will remove every magical effect off the party. At the second turn, he cast death to the entire party except the member in the middle (death force is removed so you should have another protection against death or at least two members will die); At the third turn, he will cast Big Guard on himself, preparing for everything;

Attacks:

- Shadow Bolt (8,888 damage to a single character)
- Final Blast (7,777 damage to entire party)
- Comet2 (15,000 damage to entire party; divided up)

If his HP reaches 0, he'll cast "Angel Whisper" (Enemy Skill, last chance to learn it xD) on the entire party, healing and resurrecting everyone. Then he will just "die" like usually.

Well. Those ideas are mine for a better final-battle. You like my ideas?

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Final Boss Encounter Ideas!
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-20 00:18:15 »
Download the following programs

Wallmarket
ProudClod
Hojo

That should get you started on all those modifications.  Then up a youtube video for all of us to watch
« Last Edit: 2009-07-20 02:31:46 by obesebear »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-20 01:38:38 »
Download the following programs

Wallmarket
ProudClod
Hojo

That should get you started on all those modifications.  Then up a youtube video for all of use to watch

This.

And do a *lot* of research on enemy AI, because making a battle like that is going to be very hard.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-20 02:29:33 »
If you decide to program the AI, consider using this to help you out.

That's all totally doable. I've redone Safer Sephiroth on my file so that
A) His name is "Sepher Sephiroth" (as it was intended)
B) He casts "Safer" at the start of the match (regen/protect/shell/haste/reflect) and continues to do so whenever his haste wears off
C) He's immune to "drain"
D) he ends every turn (while he's not in the sky) with angel whisper, which regains 9999 hp.

the assembler makes it easy, its all just plugging into proud clod after you've got it coded. Good luck!

PM me if you've got any trouble/questions, I've got a firm grasp on script programming, and I'm working on retouching the AI for every boss in the game. (just finished jenova birth)  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2009-07-20 02:31:56 by titeguy3 »

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-26 14:24:37 »
sorry for coming out of the blue and asking this irrelevant question but: drain is the ability to take the hp/mp of the damage you deal and heal yourself right?

if so then what does dual drain do? that has bugged me for awhile now

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-26 15:04:42 »
Dual drain is something completely different.

You know how Bottomswell casts a kind of reverse regen on you?

Yeah, dual drain makes that work. IIRC, "dual" on its own makes the game crash or something   :|

seifertemp

« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-26 16:05:27 »
I will be working ona  full mod for FF7 in coming months to make the game harder and more challenging :)

I already have some good ideas including certain bosses being immune to Final attack materia...  and other changes.

No more cop outs. 

HP differences or changes to levelling up are 1 way to make the game harder.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-26 19:00:23 »

Yeah, dual drain makes that work. IIRC, "dual" on its own makes the game crash or something   :|

*"dual drain" w.out "dual" makes the game crash. It's a neat spell to add to the game.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-26 19:23:43 »

*"dual drain" w.out "dual" makes the game crash. It's a neat spell to add to the game.

Pfft, I know it was something like that  :-P

Anyway, there you go. It's also a nice alternative to poison; very few enemies can guard against it and there is no way for the player to guard against it (unless you play around with the armour/accessories/materia status), so it's good for "ultimate" attacks.