Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1244397 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Slight problem over here, I'm only getting the standard FMVs after installing this not the high quality ones. I've checked the movies folder in my FF7 program files and the updated ones are in there...but the game is playing the old ones...not sure how that's possible, the update replaces these old FMVs right? Any ideas what I can do to fix this? I have the truemotion codec installed and I'm using Windows 7 (so 64-bit).

Oh, another slightly odd glitch. If I start the game through Ficedula's custom music the first battle is replaced with a battle with two goblins...naturally one hit is an instant game over. If I start through the hardcore mod launcher (in my FF7 folder on the start menu) this battle is normal but the music takes a while to kick in...I know that's just me being picky but any ideas why the battles have been messed up?

Hey guys, so about that last post. I looked through my program files and found a application that allowed me to view the updated FMVs but I'm still having trouble. The opening gets about a second or two in (by opening I mean the actual opening, not the one that replaces the Squaresoft and Eidos logos) and then the sound cuts off. I carried on watching and the sound starts up again (about the point where we see Aerith stand up), but it's the sound from a few seconds after the cut off, and then it loops back to a few seconds earlier...
I really don't think it's because my laptop is low end, it's fairly new...here are its specs:
-AMD Anthlon Dual Core L310 (1.20Ghz) processor
-ATi Radeon HD3200 Graphics
-4GB memory

Those are just the specs on the sticker anyway...and as far as I can tell all the stuff that has any effect on games. Anyways, I'm not too bothered about skipping the opening, I can watch that seperately, I'm just a bit worried about the scenes mid game doing the same thing...it'd be a little more inconvenient to go out of the game to watch those scenes. So if anyone has any answers that'd be great =]. I checked through the supplied log file and tried lowering resolution etc. still the same problem.

As for my little "goblin" bug, that's still there but only on the "normal" mode, it's gone on hardcore.

--Mod Edit--
Double posting is highly frowned on here (as is the case in most forums).  See that button that says modify?  If you need to say something else, just click that.  

Are you sure you're running the movies in your hard drive?? Maybe you placed the movies in your HD but you forgot to set your registry so it will read it there and by that your old fmv's in your cd are the ones being played instead of the new ones you replaced in your hard drive. That's all I can think of.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-11 04:00:48 by nikfrozty »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
When is the next update comin' up?
There are a few cool stuff to put in now...

skifreak107

• View Profile
I remember using this 6 or 7 months ago, glad to see its still here and updated!

Gonna grab this new one :)

Tueskage

Whenever I go to start the game (hardcore or normal) it comes up with a command window targeted in C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII. I installed this on Win7 with the UAC completely off.

EDIT: I am using the Ultima Version and the regular .exe doesn't work either.

2nd EDIT: Never mind, it's cuz it's Ultima.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-12 09:17:43 by Tueskage »

Kintaru

• View Profile
Ultima version is a pirated copy of the game.  You likely won't be getting any help here.

Tueskage

Ultima version is a pirated copy of the game.  You likely won't be getting any help here.

Sorry, I didn't know that. I guess I'll have to skip out on this then. If only it were like the old days (seven years back) when you could buy it for 10 USD NIB.

GreenHorn

Hey Dudes im impressed of your work even if my german Version of Final Fantasy won't work with this Installer. Maybe it's the 1.02 German Patch i have to use or the Installer doesn't fit to it. Btw the German Multilanguage Compatility Pack pops up at ~20% a cmd who wants the CD in ROM, tried all 3 CDs but failed. 

However this is great work and i hope you do further on.

Tueskage

It's probably because this installer includes a re-translation patch.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
It's probably because this installer includes a re-translation patch.
Re-translation?? Hmm... The patch only works for the english version as far as I know since some of the mods are for the english version like the TA patch. I'm not sure about this but I saw one member having problem using the avalanche patch to his non english ff7.

obesebear

• View Profile

Sorry, I didn't know that. I guess I'll have to skip out on this then. If only it were like the old days (seven years back) when you could buy it for 10 USD NIB.
Yep, no help from here, but you might want to search the Stickies for help on buying the game...

DouArf

Hey titeguy3, first of all let me thank you for the work you have done, the samples look awesome.

As many of us FFVII has been the best experience of my gamer's life, and I am really eager to play it again, especially with the compilation you've managed to do.

That's why I first dl ultima edition, and I then moved to the official pc edition with 4 cd in order to take advantage of the many mod developped for it. I installed it, didn't play it, and I then dl and installed your compilation (as Administrator). I runned it a first time, it told me to insert cd 1,2 or 3. I tried each CD alone and finally mounted the 3 together. The game seemed to start but the only thing I got was a black screen.

You said
*Note that most installation issues can be solved by turning off User Account Control (Vista) and running the file "FF7OpenGL.reg" in the "Final Fantasy VII" folder.

So did I. When I tried with one cd, the "insert cd 1,2,3" appeared, but also a dos window and the FFVIImusic window (please see below for it the debug message).

When I tried with the three cds together, It takes me to the black screen. The good point is that I didn't need to reboot anymore, the program just finally said it encountered a problem and shuted down.

Sorry for the english mistakes, I'm French.

I run FFVII on vista, the directory of the game is "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII" and the debug information is the following:

DataPath is C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently mp3\
psf\

C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   mp3\
   psf\
   C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 96
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------

Thanks again !

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
According to that debug information, FF7.exe never even started up. Only thing I can attribute this to is a corrupted ff7.exe. Do you have a file called "APP.log" in your FF7 folder? If you have the french version of the game, that's what's causing problems, the patch is only 100% compatible with the english version of the game right now...

Soros

• View Profile
Slight problem over here, I'm only getting the standard FMVs after installing this not the high quality ones. I've checked the movies folder in my FF7 program files and the updated ones are in there...but the game is playing the old ones...not sure how that's possible, the update replaces these old FMVs right? Any ideas what I can do to fix this? I have the truemotion codec installed and I'm using Windows 7 (so 64-bit).

Oh, another slightly odd glitch. If I start the game through Ficedula's custom music the first battle is replaced with a battle with two goblins...naturally one hit is an instant game over. If I start through the hardcore mod launcher (in my FF7 folder on the start menu) this battle is normal but the music takes a while to kick in...I know that's just me being picky but any ideas why the battles have been messed up?

Hey guys, so about that last post. I looked through my program files and found a application that allowed me to view the updated FMVs but I'm still having trouble. The opening gets about a second or two in (by opening I mean the actual opening, not the one that replaces the Squaresoft and Eidos logos) and then the sound cuts off. I carried on watching and the sound starts up again (about the point where we see Aerith stand up), but it's the sound from a few seconds after the cut off, and then it loops back to a few seconds earlier...
I really don't think it's because my laptop is low end, it's fairly new...here are its specs:
-AMD Anthlon Dual Core L310 (1.20Ghz) processor
-ATi Radeon HD3200 Graphics
-4GB memory

Those are just the specs on the sticker anyway...and as far as I can tell all the stuff that has any effect on games. Anyways, I'm not too bothered about skipping the opening, I can watch that seperately, I'm just a bit worried about the scenes mid game doing the same thing...it'd be a little more inconvenient to go out of the game to watch those scenes. So if anyone has any answers that'd be great =]. I checked through the supplied log file and tried lowering resolution etc. still the same problem.

As for my little "goblin" bug, that's still there but only on the "normal" mode, it's gone on hardcore.

--Mod Edit--
Double posting is highly frowned on here (as is the case in most forums).  See that button that says modify?  If you need to say something else, just click that.  

Are you sure you're running the movies in your hard drive?? Maybe you placed the movies in your HD but you forgot to set your registry so it will read it there and by that your old fmv's in your cd are the ones being played instead of the new ones you replaced in your hard drive. That's all I can think of.

Hey I chose the full installation when installing FF7 so the movies should be running from my hard drive right...? Or maybe I'm thinking of Silent Hill...anyways, that's the installation method I chose, and then I just applied this patcher, nothing more...other than changing some mp3s in Ficedula, but none of those were related to the opening movie (all "bombing mission" tracks have been left as they were in the patch).

I would also reeeeeeeeeeally love to know if anyone knows what's going on with those goblins for my first battle? Hardcore mode is killing me...might need to get a bit of practice in.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
Don't know if you read my last post but you're answer is there. You need to edit your registry to change your movie path.*sigh* Maximum installation does not install the movies into your hard drive so you need to copy every movie in all 3 discs to a folder somewhere in your hard drive. Just go to Replacement FMV's thread for more info.

Soros

• View Profile
Don't know if you read my last post but you're answer is there. You need to edit your registry to change your movie path.*sigh* Maximum installation does not install the movies into your hard drive so you need to copy every movie in all 3 discs to a folder somewhere in your hard drive. Just go to Replacement FMV's thread for more info.

Ah really sorry, I guess I didn't pick up on that part...Anyways, all the movies seem to be in a folder in my program files for FF7, so now I just need to figure out how to edit the movie path file. Surely that was already part of the patch though? Like I said, the movie files are playing, I'm just having that problem with the sound on the opening and no doubt the other movies (though I haven't reacher any yet, but the prolouge movie works fine).

Argh, curse Windows 7! I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the movie path...I found a guide for this like the cosmo canyon glitch, but I'm guessing that it was written way before windows 7...
« Last Edit: 2010-06-13 00:20:41 by Soros »

DouArf

fresh start? what happened to all of the posts in this thread?

Same question... Why are the messages deleted ?

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile

They were moved to Programming Feedback. This thread is just for releases now. So my post and the one above it will probably either be moved or deleted.

obesebear

• View Profile

They were moved to Programming Feedback. This thread in Game Tweakingis just for releases now. So my post and the one above it will probably either be moved or deleted.

You got it!  Posts being deleted won't really start happening until sometime later in the week though, some people still need some time to catch on.

Merged into Programming Feedback thread.

Ace

• View Profile
In regards to this download, can anyone tell me what they get as the MD5 Hash?

I have

995e78d4d7063fc881442d5a5ea3b744 *Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe

DouArf

According to that debug information, FF7.exe never even started up. Only thing I can attribute this to is a corrupted ff7.exe. Do you have a file called "APP.log" in your FF7 folder? If you have the french version of the game, that's what's causing problems, the patch is only 100% compatible with the english version of the game right now...

There are two APP.txt, one in the FFVII folder and one in the ficedula folder, both are empty, but there is no APP.log.

I don't think I have the french version of the game: first all the file are in english, second the torrent was invaded, not that I still am angry with them about the hundred years' war, by english speaking people. But how can I be sure about it ?

Thank you titeguy3 for redirecting me to the good post.

« Last Edit: 2010-06-15 02:27:36 by DouArf »

Squalloffire

• View Profile
Hello to evreyone. I have another problem: I installed the ff 7 remix installer with all the movies and I have done the procedure to use custom movies. The problem is that as soon as I start the game it says "failed to load shaders,se the APP.log for further instructions". I see the App.log and It says this
Code: [Select]
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Go 7300/PCI/SSE2 2.0.1
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
ERROR: failed to stat file C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/shaders/main.vert
ERROR: failed to stat file C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/shaders/main.frag
ERROR: failed to load shaders, reverting to fixed function
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\music\music.idx
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\sound\audio.fmt

The strange thing is:every file is in the correct folder,and the directory of the shaders file have that "/\" that seems like a syntax error.
Anyone has an Idea of which is the problem?

Kranmer

• View Profile
It could be one of a few things,
It may be a similar problem to Eviscerate (his system couldn't read from sub directories) so if your using any kind of protection you may need to disable it, also if your using vista or windows 7 make sure to disable UAC.
Are you sure that the files are exactly where it says, if your using the remix patch it should be at
C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII
if you tried installing it somewhere else i don't think it will work (it will look for the directory above so if you have installed it somewhere else you will need to change the path in the registry)
Also when you installed the game did it work before installing the remix patch ?
and the "/\" is because it reads the first half from the registry and is not the problem.

Squalloffire

• View Profile
It could be one of a few things,
It may be a similar problem to Eviscerate (his system couldn't read from sub directories) so if your using any kind of protection you may need to disable it, also if your using vista or windows 7 make sure to disable UAC.
Are you sure that the files are exactly where it says, if your using the remix patch it should be at
C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII
if you tried installing it somewhere else i don't think it will work (it will look for the directory above so if you have installed it somewhere else you will need to change the path in the registry)
Also when you installed the game did it work before installing the remix patch ?
and the "/\" is because it reads the first half from the registry and is not the problem.
Well,I have this problem every time i set the custom movies of the movie folder:at first it can't find the movi plugin,then I move the movie plugin in C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII and then I have the APP.log
The game works fine if I do not install the remix patch!
And no,I do not use Window Vista\Windows 7
« Last Edit: 2010-06-17 10:39:46 by Squalloffire »

obesebear

• View Profile
Start searching please

Merged with main topic

Squalloffire

• View Profile
Hello to everyone. Now I have another problem in-game (with the hardcore game actually): Limit breaks Actually do not Upgrade! I've killed almost 120 enemies with Cloud but I do not get Blade Beam. What has caused this?

P.S. actually I have re-installed the game with the remix patcher on another computer and I get the same issue!