Miscellaneous Forums > Archive

Help with hit, miss and crit sounds?

(1/3) > >>

Dracofern:
Hello, I'm new here, now that thats outta the way,  I'd like to get down to buisness. As you all probably know, There is a program called wallmarket that allows you to edit anything. I wanted Clouds attacks to sound like sephiroths because they are so much cooler, and when i copied the hit, miss and crit sounds from the masamune (7A, 78 and 05) and saved the kernel, i was over excited, but now it makes a sound like a door opening (hit) and barrets grenade limit break (crit) What did i do? If this is posted somewhere else, sorry, i did look, i did lurk, i didn't find it. Also, is it possible to get the Aero spells onto a materia, or not? And is there a way to actually have full control over sephiroth WITHOUT patching the game?

Kudistos Megistos:
OK, so there are three questions there :-P

#1 I'm surprised by this. AFAIK I was actually the one who confirmed that these were the hit/crit/miss sounds (inb4 Akari saying that the Q-Gears people had known for years :lol:), but I've never done that much research on what they do. there's some discussion about it in the second half of page 24 of the WallMarket thread, but it might not help with your problem.

#2 Yes. Look here. :-D

#3 Yes; delete his AI with WallMarket.

Dracofern:
I've seen you around, you seem pretty good at this, Do you have any idea why exactly it makes different noises even though the hexes are exactly the same?

Kudistos Megistos:
Nah, sorry :-P

I just found out what they do; I don't know much about how or why. I've always been interested in other parts of the kernel.bin :-D

Dracofern:
OH. a pity. And with the sephiroth thing... Do i delete ALL of his AI or just some of it? because all other characters have some kind of AI. Whats weird is that my Wallmarket would crash whenever i tried to rename materia but now it doesn't. I wonder why? Thanks for your help, i'll try looking into this sound problem too, it might get fixed faster :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version