Author Topic: Hello  (Read 14359 times)

Tony Cossio

Hello
« on: 2001-05-07 01:13:00 »
Just saying Hello.

Tony Cossio

Hello
« Reply #1 on: 2001-05-07 01:25:00 »
I was wondering- How did we get here?  How do you create something out of nothing?  If the big bang was an act of creation, what exsisted before this event?  How do you create something out of nothing?

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Hello
« Reply #2 on: 2001-05-07 01:29:00 »
 u see
that what our feeble minds cannot comprehend.
making something out of nothing, is god's territory...

Abyss Darkness

Hello
« Reply #3 on: 2001-05-07 16:10:00 »
There are many things that we dont understans and never will, accept that.

Dont worry about what existed before, worry about weather we actually exist now. You cant prove that we do.

M0T

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #4 on: 2001-05-07 17:11:00 »
There is no scientific way to know, yet. maybe one day in the extremely far future. I refuse to believe that a god created us, for all we know we were created in a temporal paradox, although that would be hard since time wouldnt exist.

eerrrr

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #5 on: 2001-05-08 22:01:00 »
yes well i know everything, cos i can look into the future. hang on, let me look into the future with my magical balls...........they say the worlds gonna end up soon cos a fool named Joey is gonna tamper with the ******* of **** (no spoilers for ff9 there) and we're all gonna go into a mental state or paroledical stoned daydreaming for eternity. in other words we'll all be fucked. but when this will happen, i dont know.........

this has no spoilers for ff9 by the way, i just *'rd out those words cos they're important in ff9. the daydreamy stuff has nothing to do with the game, COS ITS ALL REAL!!!!

Hello
« Reply #6 on: 2001-05-12 16:44:00 »
Haven't you guys ever heard of "I think, therefore I am."?  :)

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Hello
« Reply #7 on: 2001-05-14 19:16:00 »
"How do you know that we exist?  Maybe we don't exist..."

M0T

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #8 on: 2001-05-14 20:32:00 »
I know that I exist, But more to the point do you exist?
There is no way for me to tell if anyone else is real or just puppets

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #9 on: 2001-05-14 23:02:00 »
We all exist in our own context.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Hello
« Reply #10 on: 2001-05-15 19:43:00 »
Haha, existance is a confusing thing.

M0T

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #11 on: 2001-05-15 20:02:00 »
existance is a confusing thing so it is better not to try and understand it.

Hello
« Reply #12 on: 2001-05-17 00:40:00 »
IIRC, we're starting to get into metaphysics here... Anyway, guess you don't think the truth is knowable? Hmmm, I guess there's a lot of atheists and/or agnostics here.

M0T

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #13 on: 2001-05-17 20:42:00 »
I believe that the truth will one day be understandable, but it would be a veryy hard thing to do with a lot of opposition(churches etc)

Hello
« Reply #14 on: 2001-05-19 00:01:00 »
 :-? Meaning...? That you think the "church" suppresses the truth? Um, why would you say that a lot (all?) of the truth isn't understandable today?

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Hello
« Reply #15 on: 2001-05-19 08:54:00 »
The church does or well did suppress the truth take back in the day for example... with the catholic church and indolences... christianity is a fairly young religon.. about  2000 years old...paganism and alot of others have been around for longer.. so i guess all the people before the year 1 a.d. went to hell LoL since they couldnt have known jesus as their savior.. oh no its a religous thing 8-)

Even Hitler knew to control a people you had to control a religon... In the crusades the battles for the holy land innocent lives were lost for Jesus.. whoo hooo...

And constantine .. when rome went all christian and persicuted the pagans rome fell.. did anyone notice that..

as far as the church molding the truth they did..

What do you think of when you think of Satan? I personally when i was a kid atleast thought of a guy with horns.. ya know why..

A greek god.. maybe celtic god pan was a goat man with horns.. the christians came through and said that was SATAN... and it stuck ever since...

And while were on the subject they dont know the exact date jesus was even born... its celebrated on dec 25th in the US... but they dont know.. and Christmas was stolen too... the pagans had a ceremony called Candlemoss... HMM..... gee.... and easter was stolen too... it was originally something like Aester? or something.. not sure but check the books...

The church was the most powerful thing in the world back in the day.. well i mean who would want to burn in hell? People believed every word of it and ate it all up.. Thats when the protestants left and came to the new world.. America... But still today its controlling..

No i am not a christian.. unless you couldnt tell.. I cant believe some religon that i can shoot full of holes.. and every christian that you speak with cant answer questions about the bible.. they say "You gotta have FAITH!!!" and thats all they can muster after i batter them... he he he...

I dont mean to spark a debate i really dont because it doesnt belong here.. this thread doesnt belong here.. its just that everyone was inputting there opinion and until now i have completely avioded this topic.. but then GOD came into it..

Now please dont flame the message board with God loves you... Its just an issue that i speak freely on.. because i dont think its right that people are controlled by the church... The church ... LoL what a joke  :)

M0T

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #16 on: 2001-05-21 02:35:00 »
I totaly agree Caddberry also there hs been quite a few times when there has been fierce opposition from the church when people are gonna research something, maybe they are afraid that the more people learn the less likely they are to need a god so that takes them out of power.

MMiller8

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #17 on: 2001-05-31 16:51:00 »
I going to get religious here:
I don't think we are meant to know the meaning or purpose of life.  If God thought the meaning of life would make us happy or peaceful, then I think he would've told us.  Meanwhile, we sit here speculating, and that brings me to another point, which is:  If there ISN'T a meaning or purpose of life, then at least it makes good dinner conversation.

Joey

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #18 on: 2001-05-31 14:30:00 »
Easy. We are here to complete the universe. Also, we are here because of our craving from the past existence. I am quite shocked that you don't know this simple answer as you guys like to diss me a lot.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
Hello
« Reply #19 on: 2001-05-31 15:22:00 »
Strangely enough, Joey, that's not an answer that everyone thinks is true.

Is there WAS some answer that we could *know* to be true then there wouldn't be the hundreds of different religions that there are.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #20 on: 2001-05-31 19:02:00 »
Joey you a real nice chap. Talk more. The real reason we are here is to breed. The intellingence is just a nice bonus you see?

IamPissed187

Hello
« Reply #21 on: 2001-06-01 03:10:00 »
I see this Joey character doesn't have that bonus.  :P

Oh and... "God Loves You!!" (Duuh!! :))

M0T

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #22 on: 2001-06-01 03:28:00 »
God Loves you, and I love u - isnt that a hymn cant remember dont care either but joey is a very od d person

MMiller8

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #23 on: 2001-06-01 16:01:00 »
I know that song... they rewrote it to be on the 'Barney' tv show...   :P

[This message has been edited by MMiller8 (edited June 01, 2001).]

M0T

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #24 on: 2001-06-01 15:52:00 »
But if you play the Barney tune backward you gbet
'barney's evil hes a madman save us all'
and the subliminal messaging in the show itself is horrendous  :)