Author Topic: Problems Emulating FFIX  (Read 19859 times)

Anonymous

Problems Emulating FFIX
« on: 2001-05-07 01:40:00 »
Hi! I have a great comp, so this SHOULD be working fine.  i have the BIOS, ePSXe, all the good plugins, and yet when i run from the cdrom drive, the music is REALLY crappy, and the videos and music are either way too fast or too slow!  When it gets to the gameplay part, the music slows down, and the play is normal, but the recorded 3d things are way too fast, as are the battles, and the little 2d animations in the background are just blurrs they go so fast!  Can someone help me, this is pretty much my only hope.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #1 on: 2001-05-07 01:50:00 »
remember to enable "frame rate limit"

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #2 on: 2001-05-07 12:28:00 »
might also check mdec config... ya know as i slowly figured out of a day of messing around with emulating ff9 was that if you keep tweaking settings you will get it to work... just takes patience.. and alot ot free time... my only problem now and its not really a problem is that when i get into battles it is skippy as hell.. and when i exit the battle its skippy as hell and someitmes a note (music) sticks and doesnt turn off till i move screens or evenlonger.. until background music changes.. all the other crap i think i figured out...

M0T

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #3 on: 2001-05-07 17:09:00 »
I never had those problems but I have an almost generic pc (750 athlon, geforce etc) so its designed around my type of system so it works fine for me.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #4 on: 2001-05-07 19:29:00 »
If you have a sticking note, just pause and unpause real quick and that'll get rid of it.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #5 on: 2001-05-07 21:48:00 »
USe Nulls plugin. That will get rid of any sticking notes. And use Eax reverb if you can. That will make the music sound just like on a PSX. I recomend the reverb be set to about 25% for best listening.

And my FMV in FFIX is stutering. Does any one know how to fix that? I made a post on psxemu.com here: http://boards.psxemu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=669" TARGET=_blank>http://boards.psxemu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=669

But no reply so far. Does any one know how to fix?

The Skillster

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #6 on: 2001-05-07 22:18:00 »
u didnt mention if frameskip was ON or OFF, it should stay OFF for FMV, and remember PSX FMV is always made at 15/25FPS but in terms of emu FPS epsxe will be about 40FPS and the fmv will be playing fine, also check your CD plugin.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #7 on: 2001-05-08 01:22:00 »
Oh I figered it out. I set Catching from dynamic-patelized. And Cd pluging? Are you insane? ISOs all the way thanks.

Caddberry

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #8 on: 2001-05-08 08:47:00 »
What program do u use for PSX ISos? i got nero and clone cd... i like them both but i think when i would try to make an iso it says it would require a different kind of exe... i dont know though.. basically just curious of what u use...

The Skillster

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #9 on: 2001-05-08 12:36:00 »
u can make isos with clonecd.
save the cd to disc (the cd to hard drive option) make sure "dont repair"options are on, and the resulting cdname.img can be renamed to cdname.bin and works almost identical. but with clone cd u will sometimes get a cdname.sub which is sub channel data, this can be delelted.

Aaron

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #10 on: 2001-05-08 19:11:00 »
Do you know if the crash bug will Null's sound plug-in has been fixed?  It used to crash the emu when your airship crashes, pretty early on disc 1.  I don't use that plug-in b/c I'm lazy and don't wanna have to change it everytime someone gets to that part.

The Skillster

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #11 on: 2001-05-08 19:32:00 »
i cant remember if its been fixed , but yea i hate configurating, its a pain.
ah, the days of VGS and bleem, no need to change settings

M0T

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #12 on: 2001-05-08 20:07:00 »
Use ISO buster for ISO's and I didnt change the plugin I just turned the VAG stream off and turned it back on when I next started epsxe with the airship thing.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #13 on: 2001-05-08 20:12:00 »
I use Cdrwin for my Isos.
And Im not sure if that crash has been fixed but Null provides the best near psx sound so is it that much trouble to change you sound plugin twice a game?

ffgriever

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #14 on: 2001-05-08 21:36:00 »
Hey, I don't know what's wrong but my epsxe started to crash on ff9. Up to this time it worked fine (Last time I played the game through it worked). Now epsxe crashes everytime after the animation on the end of disc 2 (that when brahne summons bahamut and kuja gets hurt). I tried probly all the possible plugins configurations (sound and graph). I even borrowed an original ff9 cd2 cd from my friend. It doesn't work either. Does anyone knows something about that? And oh, were any1 able to get epsxe1.20 work with ff9? It seems to work but I can't use the keyboard (it works ok with other games).

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #15 on: 2001-05-09 00:11:00 »
Hey Greiver! Try this out for size! Delete ePSXe(If you use the uninstall MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR SAVES! THE UNINSTALL SIMPLY DELETES THE FOLDER!!) Then open up regedit(You know. Go to run the type regedit) and pull down search. Search for ePSXe and it should eventurly find it. Now delete the ePSXe regfile. Now reinstall ePSXe to a diffrent directory. Now reconfig you plugins and hope and pray. Doing that solved my random crashing probs. I dont know about ePSXe 1.2. Since I only play FFIX on it(ANd tomr raider if it would work) and guess what. FFIX works perfectly with ePSXe 1.1. So I use that. Good luck.

Caddberry

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #16 on: 2001-05-09 08:37:00 »
Ya know i couldnt figure out how to get the mem cards folder to workl... i deleted epsxe when it got all buggered.... but couldnt get the save games to work.. i wasnt that far along so i just started over.. i knew you could make isos in clone cd.. i just didnt know if just renaming the extension would work or not.. seems like a better idea to run off an iso than the cd anyway.. plus hell i got disk space to spare....

ffgriever

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #17 on: 2001-05-09 18:19:00 »
hi, ya know what? It doesn't work. But I have made something else. I converted the save to cvgs save file format, played ff9, made save on disc3, converted save file back to epsxe and guess - it works fine now!

Aaron

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #18 on: 2001-05-09 19:15:00 »
Keyboard problem - go to "Options -> SIO IRQ Always enabled" before you start and that'll fix it, but killing the registry stuff will to, I think, so if you already did that, ok.

Yeah ePSXe works fine in 1.0.1 for FF9, but my friend got 1.2.0 and got about a 30% speed increase, so if its going slow (at all) you might want to get the new version.

M0T

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #19 on: 2001-05-09 21:07:00 »
I got the epsxe 1.2.0 and all it did was crash so i had to go back to version 1.0.1

Caddberry

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #20 on: 2001-05-10 09:23:00 »
I am using 1.2.0 and having a great time i must say.. Its like i am finding the game all over again.. I love the world of emulation.. yes its a pain in the ass, but after you get it going it really kicks.

M0T

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #21 on: 2001-05-10 20:40:00 »
I tried my hardest as i loved ff7 and i  wanted to try 9
do not ever mention ff8 again, I see it 9 should be changed to 8 and 8 deleted

ffgriever

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #22 on: 2001-05-10 20:56:00 »
Why, I really like ff8 (i played ff4,5,6,7,8,9). I know it was just a commercial us exported product but it was really good. Why do you hate ff8 so much? Is this the storyline? the models? or just the battle system (no mps etc.)?

M0T

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #23 on: 2001-05-10 23:21:00 »
Well I didnt think there was much of a story line, I prefer the anime style models in ff7 & 9, I prefer MP and SUMMONS.
It was a very Americanised game in general and squares RPG's have always been good because they are Japanese.

On something completly different, If square makes games for GBA, does anyone else think porting Secret Of Mana would be really cool. You could play the 3 player via the link without having to pause the whole game when casting spells etc. I think this would be really cool

Caddberry

• View Profile
Problems Emulating FFIX
« Reply #24 on: 2001-05-11 01:13:00 »
FFgriever i loved ff8 too but it constantly is getting bashed on this board.. but really who cares.. I still think FF8 wuz a great game.. yeah it coulda been better so could any game. I love FF8  :)