Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 999515 times)

Darkwarrior83

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.90)
« Reply #1275 on: 2017-02-24 23:35:08 »
Hi,

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I am having issues loading PSX saves from my PS3 into Black Chocobo so I can convert them to PC Steam Edition.
Find below a link to the saves:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o3jk9utfip8npbg/AABO3IwDEGJbyfTWjRPD2VZOa?dl=0

When I try and load them I just get an program stopped responding error and BC closes.

I saw a similar issue above and advised to link the files so here they are above. Hope you can help!
Thanks!

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1276 on: 2017-02-26 13:46:47 »
Please check that you have the newest version of black chocobo. Your saves work here correctly and i was able to import the all into one file with out issue. I cna't make you a steam folder you ahve to do that yoru self.

first open black chocobo then use file->import to current slot . and pick your first psv file.
then hit alt + right (move slot #2) and import your next psv
do the same for how ever many psv files your have
Save as PC format. save it whereever
then use file-> create cloud save folder . select your save path . it should pick out your id for you (its the numbers after user_ in your save path) then for file 1 select the pc file you just made.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-26 13:50:53 by sithlord48 »

thapmg

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: 2017-08-27 22:54:08 »
I'm sorry for thread necromancy, but I'm having some trouble with Black Chocobo and the Steam version of FF7. I can locate the save files and edit them fine; however, when I try to run the game after editing, all I get is a black screen and I need to kill the program. I am using BC 1.9.9 and FF7 version 1.0.9 (no cloud saving). I've dug around, but what I've found doesn't seem to relate to what I'm experiencing. If it matters, I'm trying to rename a character to correct a typo I made and change the number of greens I have to catch chocobos (I did manage to move past the Zolom portion of the game, but for breeding this would be helpful).

Thank-you for your time!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1278 on: 2017-08-29 11:07:45 »

Its possible that if you changed your progression vaules you mised one or set something incorrectly . The game is very sensitive to unexpected data when loading. Sometimes if you save on a field where you shouldn't loading backup will not work out well. Name changes for characters and item changes should not cause the game to hang if that is all you did please wait longer for the game to load (if your saved on the world it sometimes seams to take longer to load ) and if that is still not working please upload a copy of your save and I will test it to see if i can find anything. I have seen one case on the psx copy where the save freezes the game but doesn't do it on other releases of the game.This could be a similar thing for the pc version.

thapmg

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: 2017-09-03 20:03:32 »

Thank-you for taking a peek!

I have created a dummy save (save09) that I've tried editing multiple ways but to no avail. The issue I'm encountering is that I didn't notice that I tweaked Red XIII's name (XII != XIII). What I encounter is that after I open up the save with BC, navigate to the character, change the name, and save. Then I have tried to run the game from the already open launcher and have tried closing the launcher prior to editing, then re-opening after editing. I've also tried running the game from the file folder, but any way I attempt it, all I get is a black screen (or window if not using full screen) that will eventually register as "not responding." https://www.dropbox.com/s/aka6so26cirnna7/save09.ff7?dl=0

Kindo

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: 2017-09-05 15:28:35 »
The uninstaller deleted stuff unrelated to the program.

Hello! So, I'm in trouble. I was installing the latest version of the Black Chocobo program, and I selected the documents folder in which I store all my FF7 goodies. Upon noticing how the program did not create a specific folder for itself, thus ending up cluttering up said document folder, I decided to uninstall the program to get rid of it and try again (this time after manually creating a new folder for the program beforehand).

Little did I knew that the uninstaller the program uses, apparently removes *everything* within the folder, even if not related to the program. It's not moved to the recycle bin, but rather instantly deleted altogether. Et voila, and all my custom FF7 files (my own custom soundtracks and mods and what not) were promptly obliterated.

I realize that the chances of regaining said files are slim to none (hundreds of hours of work gone ...), but I thought you should know. Maybe I'm alone in having this happen to me, but it might be worth either reworking how your uninstaller works, or at least placing a warning somewhere.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1281 on: 2017-09-06 11:27:17 »
Little did I knew that the uninstaller the program uses, apparently removes *everything* within the folder

Uninstall time is a great time to read the text of the uninstaller. The uninstaller says it will uninstall the directory where you installed it . So you seen a box that said im going to uninstall(i.e delete) F:\youCoolFF7Stuff and you told it go for it..You can maybe recover you data with a simple undelete program unless you have written over it.

Knotty

• View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: 2017-09-07 11:46:44 »
Hi SithLord,

Any closer to getting the signing keys sorted for saving PS Vita memory card saves? Really wanted to replay FF7 without the hassles of finding everything :D

thapmg

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: 2017-09-28 16:44:15 »
Hey SithLord!

I was wondering if you had a chance to take a peek at my file yet.

Knotty

• View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: 2017-09-28 17:03:29 »
a new challenge has arisen... its been ported onto Android now I see. if we were able to retrieve and edit those files that would be the bees knees

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1285 on: 2017-09-28 22:04:28 »
a new challenge has arisen... its been ported onto Android now I see. if we were able to retrieve and edit those files that would be the bees knees
if you read the thread about the android versrion around here. You will see the android version uses pc save files.
Threre are ways to get any file off android phones. Editing with Black Chocobo is already possible.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-28 22:07:07 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1286 on: 2017-11-06 00:13:11 »
Just want to let all the linux and Mac OS users know there is continuous  build for every commit . Sorry windows users maybe soon.
see : https://github.com/sithlord48/blackchocobo/releases/tag/continuous
and : https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit/wiki for more info
« Last Edit: 2017-11-07 11:10:43 by sithlord48 »

john beard

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: 2017-12-31 21:42:22 »
I was wondering if the issue identified in the following link has been resolved, as I am experiencing exactly the same problem:

https://github.com/sithlord48/blackchocobo/issues/3

Thanks!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1288 on: 2018-01-03 12:58:53 »
I was wondering if the issue identified in the following link has been resolved, as I am experiencing exactly the same problem:

https://github.com/sithlord48/blackchocobo/issues/3

Thanks!
The issue its marked as open, I don't have mac os to test this deployment issue.  You should try the continuous build since it was built with newer source and let me know hos it goes. https://github.com/sithlord48/blackchocobo/releases/download/continuous/Black_Chocobo.dmg

TheLucaLasvegas

• View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: 2018-01-10 06:15:08 »
Yuffie needs to be imported for New Game Plus because her maximum join level is 42. The game overrides the level set by the editor when she joins the party.

I apologize sincerely for necroposting, and I also apologize if this issue was already addressed. I hope you can excuse me, I simply don't have the time to read through 52 pages of posts to see if this issue was already brought up.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1290 on: 2018-01-12 13:37:35 »
Yuffie needs to be imported for New Game Plus because her maximum join level is 42. The game overrides the level set by the editor when she joins the party.

You can *should* be able to Skip that by checking the "unlocked Yuffie"  option as well as enabling her in the PHS. Yes some characters have level caps when they join . Yuffie, Vincent and Cait Sith are the ones that have this cap.  If i were making the game today I would have made the young cloud and sephiroth data saved on top of yuffie and vincent since they are optional characters anyway .. This is not the case in the game but it would have been nice since then the cap would only effect the two optional characters.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-12 13:39:24 by sithlord48 »

DjFlash2k8

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: 2018-02-26 14:41:28 »
Hi there good sirs/madams. First of all, I just want to say thank you for your great work, this is an awesome program and it shows how much work you put into it. I am new to Black Chocobo and I am having trouble figuring it out, I managed a few things (up until 3am until i figured out i was saving in ntsc, when the rom was in PAL *Derp*) I was wondering if there is some sort of user guide/ tutorial out there that would benefit new users. A "Black Chocobo For Dummies" type of thing..  :P A link in the right direction would be much appreciated. (in case you were wondering, I'm stuck on setting ?spawn/start point? (?world save location?) I'm sure it's something incredibly stupid (and I don't want to bother you with specifics of what I'm trying to do (play around with it), I'm sure you are very busy. That's why I am hoping there is something already out there to help me out.
There are a lot of options (Love it btw 8) ) and it's easy to get lost.

Keep up the good work!!! :D
Cheers
DjFlash2k8

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1292 on: 2018-02-27 11:36:39 »
There was  user guide (outdated) on the project page aparently that is now gone :(  I will see if i can recover the user documents.  Maybe if i have time the "next" release (if there is one) will have built in user guide

The location tab will let you pick the feild where your save is saved.  You can also set what items you have picked up on each of the field locations. The world map is the same but for items saved on the world map.

DjFlash2k8

• View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: 2018-03-01 03:25:28 »
Thank you very much  :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1294 on: 2018-03-12 13:07:38 »
Updated main page with links for continuous builds.
Every commit to black chocobo will trigger a build  you can find the most current build

https://github.com/sithlord48/blackchocobo/releases/tag/continuous

The windows version is a zip containing the stuff needed to run the application.  If you want your settings to be not saved in the registry create a settings.ini file in that folder and black chocobo will save setting there.
The mac version is a dmg containing an App file.
The linux version is an AppImage it should work any all distros . be sure to make it executable so you can run it.

spadge69

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: 2018-03-20 18:14:57 »
Ok, I've been using BC for a short while now, its an awesome app. Made the faux pas of not backing up the save after a good long session (just over 10hrs gameplay), made a change in BC and boom save gone.
Last save was just outside of Cosmo Canyon, when the buggy breaks down. I'm trying to recreate the save by updating stats/items etc from a previous save and trying to figure out if I can adjust the main progress var so next time I enter Corel/GoldSau etc it wouldn't be like it was the first time. Is that possible? I've noticed changing the variable alters the comments npcs make esp in corel, but barret still needs to be in team for the back story scene regardless. Would it be better to just to have a little cry then go through it all again?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1296 on: 2018-03-23 11:18:55 »
elsava made a save compliation look for that and edit the save closest to where you were.

I've done alot of testing to make Black chocobo as safe as possible but when you mess with the progress stuff. The game can get a little crazy due to how the fields tend to reuse random progression bits.

spadge69

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: 2018-03-24 15:55:01 »
SL48, you are a genuine bonfide hero!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1298 on: 2018-03-26 18:32:20 »
SL48, you are a genuine bonfide hero!

I'm no hero.... never was.
Im just a penguin with a mustache.

Datapack

• Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.90)
« Reply #1299 on: 2018-06-05 00:59:52 »
Just found out black chocobo can read PS4 files but you do need a PS4 save editor to decrypt the file first.

All you have do to is export the file and open it with BC, then after you've edited it you can import the edited file into the save editor.

Might be worth knowing for the 5 people who have the save editor and actually play FF7.