You guys can open the original models in some program, right?
What program you use and what is the Guard Scorpion file? I'm still not convinced it looks like the new model :b
Now onto the Sweeper:
I'll be comparing these two:
The machine guns:
- in the original model they have 3 different "steps" and not like in the new model that has only one plain "step".
- the barrel, i think it should be circular and not like an hexagon.
- i think it isn't broken. It only breaks when doing attacks like smoke shot, i believe.
- rounded shapes instead of hexagon would be better, in my opinion.
The back exhaust exhaust:
- i think it looks more like this (reversed)
than a tube with a shape of a sphere in the end.
- There seems to be a exhaust from the head/engine coming out from the left side.
- From the grill to the back, the engine seems to get thin-er (might be from the old model "hood" roundness).
- In the new model there seems to be no "curve"/roundness on the "hood" and seems not very long as in the original model.
A picture worth 1000 words (doesn't sum everything i said on the post):
In the end sweeper is kinda like this:
Just with legs and arms.
Anyway, would be easier to compare if we had a frontal pic and a side pic on both models instead of a 3d looking one.
Also, i think while texturing it, you should be faithfull to the original colors as this model is used for many mobs (those in world map near midgar with atomic scissors; the ones in the tunnel in Junon (Death Machine)) where only colors vary afaik.
Quick search on google: