Author Topic: FFVII PS3 file mod  (Read 46677 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Re: FFVII PS3 file mod
« Reply #25 on: 2010-05-28 10:40:25 »
Hey sithlord48. Sorry for asking these but what are the kind of files in the ps3 version of the game?? The ps3 can run psx games right?? Does the ps3 version of ff7 have different files??

xlsound

« Reply #26 on: 2010-05-28 10:55:54 »
It as to be somehow converted to be played from the PS3 Hard Drive and when you transfer the game from your ps3 to your psp it comes as an EBOOT.PBP i don't know if when instaled on ps3 the game is in EBOOT.PBP also...

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #27 on: 2010-05-28 11:50:32 »
i have no idea about the internal files for ff7 on the ps3 , but the ps3 allows you to copy it to a psp w/o any issues. (it will also send the psv save file to a psp if needed)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-05-29 13:46:54 »
So this is the only work being done for the ps3. This will be the first program for the ps3 version if you're done with it. Good Luck man. :)

mav60

« Reply #29 on: 2010-06-03 05:49:47 »
i can get the saves edited w/ black chocobo back on to the ps3, it just requires a bit of extra hardware and some extra steps. but this is as good as it gets (for now.).

first off you need  a few things.
1. a ps3, w/ ff7 on it ... (so u can play when done)
2. a ff7 save of some kind (it don't matter cause black chocobo can import even your psv)
3. black chocobo v1.1 or higher.
4. a ps3 Memory card adapter (cost me about 10 dollars on ebay)
5. a ps2 w/ a way of running homebrew code. (i recommend a FMCB card. since you can then have uLE "installed" on a ps2 memory card.)
6.ulaunchElf on the ps2 (comes w/ the noob installer of fmcb)
7.usb stick of some kind
8. PSX memory card.

now if u have all of that here is what u do.

1.assuming u want to edit the ps3's save u start by exporting your save from the virtual memory card to the usb stick
2.open the save you copied w/ black chocobo. and edit it , then Export the save as PSX save.
3.put your usb stick, and psx memory card in the ps2.
4.boot the ps2 w/ the FMCB card inserted and the psx memory card. run ulaunchElf.
5.browse to the mass folder (this is usb) and copy the save you just created in step 2.
6.now still in fmcb go to the mc slot w/ the psx card in it  and use mcPaste from the menu
7.after it copies u can turn off the ps2 and put the PSX memory card in your memory card adapter for the ps3
8.turn on the ps3 and use the psx/ps2 save data manager to copy the save from the adapter to your virtual card. (this works because it will make a psv out of the save)
9.play FF7 and enjoy your hacked save game :)

Edit: speaking of psp saves can some one send me one, so i can add that to the list of formats that i can read, also i assume it needs a checksum to be saved (like the ps3) so ne info on that would be helpful.

so... i am having some trouble installing fmcb on my memory card, i got the card reader, what program do i use to boot this stuff? and how can i burn it onto a disk so its in a format my ps2 will read?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #30 on: 2010-06-03 13:02:34 »
you have to have a way to run homebrew software on the ps2 to be able to install fmcb , i.e you need to have swap disks or something similar.

mav60

« Reply #31 on: 2010-06-03 14:09:25 »
you have to have a way to run homebrew software on the ps2 to be able to install fmcb , i.e you need to have swap disks or something similar.

so if i start with running a normal game, and open the cover and make it start reading a burned AR Max EVO disc(which i 'found') it should work at making the homebrew work?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #32 on: 2010-06-03 18:57:05 »
well you would have to run uLE to start the fmcb installer. (i use a usb stick when i make new ones. and my fmcb card to start ule)

mav60

« Reply #33 on: 2010-06-07 02:25:22 »
so if i put uLe and fmcb on a usb stick, how can i access that from the ps2 home screen?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #34 on: 2010-06-07 02:49:11 »
please see the installation section of their web page for methods of installing it
http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/

Conradah20

• View Profile
Black Chocobo PSV PS3 Edit Save Help
« Reply #35 on: 2015-06-04 03:46:32 »
I really need help on Black Chocobo, I tried editing a PSV file on FF7 for Playstation then I transfer it to my USB Drive then I tried transferring to the virtual memory cards in the PS3 but it keeps telling me that its corrupted data then I found out that the homebrew firmware has to be converted, so can you all help me on this because I really want to play the edit PSV save on the PS3? 

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2015-06-04 12:20:41 »
The last post on here is 5 years old. Dont revive old topics. Closed.