Author Topic: Experimented SavePoints  (Read 24039 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Experimented SavePoints
« on: 2010-05-18 19:46:19 »
I experimented on remaking a FFX Savepoint like what I saw in the forums. Any suggestions on how can it be better??

Thanks. :)

obesebear

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-19 03:16:50 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9804.0

Looks good.  My only suggestion.... Figure out how to prevent clipping so you can't walk right through it ;).  Then it will be perfect!
« Last Edit: 2010-06-10 02:23:16 by obesebear »

antonio95

FFX SavePoint
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-19 10:46:26 »
very nice!!

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-19 11:04:12 »
Looks good.  My only suggestion.... Figure out how to prevent clipping so you can't walk right through it ;).  Then it will be perfect!
Actually that's the only thing I do not know how to do. Any tips?? :)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-19 15:52:25 »
Looks good.  My only suggestion.... Figure out how to prevent clipping so you can't walk right through it ;).  Then it will be perfect!
Actually that's the only thing I do not know how to do. Any tips?? :)

You could walk through the original so it is probably hard coded into the exe. Its a good place to start looking anyways.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-19 16:34:00 »
I think you should add only the materia colors floating around the main orb. That way it could be something like "materias floating around the lifestream".
So:

- Red
- Green
- Yellow
- Pink
- Blue/grey

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-19 16:43:17 »
I think you should add only the materia colors floating around the main orb. That way it could be something like "materias floating around the lifestream".
So:

- Red
- Green
- Yellow
- Pink
- Blue/grey
Hey not a bad idea!! I'll edit some textures right away to see how it looks.. :)

-Ric-

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-19 21:23:17 »
its not exactly like FF10's yet but it does look very nice, i like it  ;D

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-20 01:23:02 »
its not exactly like FF10's yet but it does look very nice, i like it  ;D
I'm trying to modify what M.S.N made as a custom model. Thanks though. :)
New critics needed again.
Do you think Barret will look better if he had two hands or one hand and one gun arm??
???

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-20 04:38:53 »
In-game, he's going to be shooting out of his arm. If you give him hands, he'll be shooting bullets out of his fingers. Which would be pretty awesome.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-20 09:07:12 »
In-game, he's going to be shooting out of his arm. If you give him hands, he'll be shooting bullets out of his fingers. Which would be pretty awesome.
Yeah it would be awesome to see him do that. But I saw one picture of barret with two hands but with the other one as metal but not a gun arm just an arm which is made of metal. How did he shoot bullets?? Can he remove his gun in Advent Children??

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-20 17:44:13 »
Yeah it would be awesome to see him do that. But I saw one picture of barret with two hands but with the other one as metal but not a gun arm just an arm which is made of metal. How did he shoot bullets?? Can he remove his gun in Advent Children??
Yes. In Advent Children, he's got swappable attachments for his arm, he can have a hand, or a gun, etc.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-21 05:54:44 »
Yes. In Advent Children, he's got swappable attachments for his arm, he can have a hand, or a gun, etc.
I never knew that. Pretty interesting. I'll try to add the other hand but change the texture to metal. Thanks for the info. :)

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-21 08:56:11 »

He has this hand that transforms to a gun during a fight.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-21 09:53:20 »
Which he did not get until after the events of the game.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-25 20:52:57 »
I messed with editing savepoints and I want to get your suggestions. All of the models I've used aren't mine. I just changed some of the colors textures.

Kinda liked the idea of having all the swords like Zack and Angeal's Buster Sword, Cloud's First Tsurugi, Genesis Loveless and Sephiroth's masamune. The masamune isn't really the masamune its murasame from Slayersnext weapons. So?? Any Ideas please?? The round object on the top represents meteor but it's not really that good.

ff7master

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-25 22:05:55 »
Well... I really like it... the masamune should be more long, the earth should be more brown or green and Meteor... well, you know... ;D.
Anyway, this is a good work

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #17 on: 2010-05-25 22:34:03 »
Reminds me of all the weapons in FFX's intro being stuck into the ground like that.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #18 on: 2010-05-25 23:00:49 »
Reminds me of all the weapons in FFX's intro being stuck into the ground like that.
Well actually, I also thought of that too but I remembered Wakka's ball too so instead I added a new Meteor. Hehe Can't find any 2nd Class soldier sword for Zack so each one can Have their own weapon.

BloodShot

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #19 on: 2010-05-25 23:16:34 »
Wow, that looks kind of cool. Your right about meteor though, but it kind of reminds me of Combined mana from hexen and hexen 2.

Doesn't really say much though if you've never seen hexen.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #20 on: 2010-05-26 04:17:13 »
Maybe next time I'll do some Main Cast weapons to put in there like Barret's gun and Tifa's Glove. Well just another idea though.
BTW what's the combined mane from hexen?? Never played it but I could match its color if its also red. :)
« Last Edit: 2010-05-26 04:18:49 by nikfrozty »

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #21 on: 2010-05-26 04:21:43 »
Maybe next time I'll do some Main Cast weapons to put in there like Barret's gun and Tifa's Glove. Well just another idea though.

Then it'll really look like FFX ;D But anyway, if get meteor to look better then you'll have something good here.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #22 on: 2010-05-26 04:23:29 »
Maybe, but I'll never released it since its not custom and not mine. Anyways thanks for the comments. :)

BloodShot

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #23 on: 2010-05-26 21:00:57 »
BTW what's the combined mane from hexen?? Never played it but I could match its color if its also red. :)

The combined mana looks like this:

On the other side is the same symbol but blue flipped upside down. In the game, as the name suggests, its a pick up that gives you blue and green mana rather than just one type.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #24 on: 2010-05-27 03:44:47 »
Maybe, but I'll never released it since its not custom and not mine. Anyways thanks for the comments. :)

Is anything but the swords ripped?