Author Topic: Experimented SavePoints  (Read 24005 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #25 on: 2010-05-27 08:13:18 »
Maybe, but I'll never released it since its not custom and not mine. Anyways thanks for the comments. :)

Is anything but the swords ripped?
What do you mean?? If you're asking where I got the swords the Buster is from Apz cloud, Loveless is from a mod downloadable here in Qhimm, Masamune is murasame from slayersnext weapon and the First tsurugi is from Custom AC Cloud. Its not actually ripped but the models are made by other people not me. And the land is from a save point made by mike's custom savepoint I just deleted all of its parts except the part with the blue part then I deleted some polygons to make it look like land then I changed the color of the texture in photoshop to brown by matching some color to images I found in Google.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #26 on: 2010-05-27 23:45:30 »
Well then in that case all you have to do is get permission from all those people...

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #27 on: 2010-05-27 23:49:34 »
I can but I'm not satisfied releasing models that aren't actually made by me. It wouldn't feel right. And all I've done was tweak it with Kimera so I've done no great work at all.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #28 on: 2010-05-28 00:56:55 »
what file(s) is the savepoint? i would assume its in flevel.lgp since i have only seen them in field locations.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #29 on: 2010-05-28 10:30:19 »
what file(s) is the savepoint? i would assume its in flevel.lgp since i have only seen them in field locations.

The savepoint is a model like the characters and items so they are in the char.lgp. In the char.lgp the save point hrc is avfe.hrc.
Little note:If you want to edit more files and don't know what the file name is there is a stickied thread with the file reconstruction project. Although its not finished. Its given me all the data I need. :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #30 on: 2010-05-28 11:53:45 »
Little note:If you want to edit more files and don't know what the file name is there is a stickied thread with the file reconstruction project. Although its not finished. Its given me all the data I need. :)

i am well aware of the reconstruction project (since eslava and i are some of the main contributors to it), askuall i host all the pictures on the sheet :). as you may be aware we have been working on battle.lgp mainly , and little work has gone in to char.lgp (i suspose it also does not help that i was looking in flevel.lgp for it since its more documented)

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #31 on: 2010-05-28 11:57:24 »
Hmm if I have the time I can help to identify some things in the world_us.lgp if you want?? Since you're working on your savepoint but I'll only contribute not actually finish it. But if you can handle it on your own don't mind the question. :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #32 on: 2010-05-29 02:35:09 »
Hmm if I have the time I can help to identify some things in the world_us.lgp if you want?? Since you're working on your savepoint but I'll only contribute not actually finish it. But if you can handle it on your own don't mind the question. :)
you are more then welcome to help w/ the reconstruction sheet, but you will have to talk to halkun for access.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
FFX SavePoint
« Reply #33 on: 2010-05-29 09:58:20 »
you are more then welcome to help w/ the reconstruction sheet, but you will have to talk to halkun for access.
Well first I'd have to get some work done to actually show to him so I can access it. :)

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
Re: Experimented SavePoints
« Reply #34 on: 2010-06-26 02:51:36 »
sorry if this would be considered necro posting, but i like the save point, for some reason i haven't been able to find too many modded save points.
besides this one, the one int Prp, and i saw a moogle one, that i thought was awesome but was never able to find the acctual mod for it  :cry:

EDIT: where did you get that cloud model? the AC one here is similiar, but i don't think it has the sword at the hip like yours does.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-26 03:02:47 by Klownboy »

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Experimented SavePoints
« Reply #35 on: 2010-06-26 02:58:51 »
You could always make your own save point using an lgp extractor (such as Highwind) and Kimera.  I wouldn't think it would be particularly difficult to do, assuming you use models already in the game.

I would provide more info, but that... stupid... search function... isn't working!!

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-06-26 03:01:56 »
yeah, that search function is really making me frustrated xD
but, i really don't know much about modding, so idk at how well i'd do at making a new save point or exactly what i'd need to be able to do it
although i would love to start learning, so this could be a good starting point  :wink:

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-06-26 03:37:54 »
All of my "modeling experience" came from toying with Kimera.  I've done absolutely nothing else.  But I can say that it is quite easy to play around with the ingame models.

Scorpicus made a tutorial on field model editing once, but I don't recall where it can be found.  In that tutorial, she also has a neat list of what each lgp file in the char.lgp is.  Maybe I still have it on my computer somewhere...

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-06-26 03:39:13 »
well since the search function is down. . . .
i'll go check the google see if i can find it =P

EDIT: well that was fast http://ff7modhd.yolasite.com/tutorials.php  :wink:

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-06-26 03:45:20 »
That was fast.  Good job.

There are things on that site I've never seen before, so thanks!

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-06-26 03:47:34 »
lol no problem, it helped me out alot, since i was gonna look for more tutorials on how to mod. :P

EDIT: now if only i can some how get a moogle save point xD

EDIT2: one like this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: 2010-06-26 04:54:25 by Klownboy »

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-06-26 09:09:07 »
Now, that is a model ripped off Kingdom Hearts.  As I understand it, ripping models from other games and importing them into FF7 is substantially more difficult then just messing with what's already in the game with Kimera.

What you could do is replace the save point with "Mog" (the moogle that appears in the Choco/Mog summon).  He's in the magic.lgp - he shouldn't be difficult to find.

The difficulty here is that save points only have one "bone" (I believe), whereas things like Mog have several.  This makes things rather cumbersome to work with in Kimera - you'll see what I mean when you try it.  Also, Mog, as he is in the magic.lgp, is inappropriately sized for the field, and you will need to resize each part of him individually.

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-06-26 09:27:17 »
yes, i know that is a model ripped from KH, but i'm not asking for the model lol, i just simply wanted to know how i could get the sword onto the model like that.

and yes, i tried to use the moogle's from the mini-game, and it said it had to many bones.

EDIT: i made a new thread in General about the sword and save point, so post there.

i think we should probable give nikfrozty his thread back   :wink:
« Last Edit: 2010-06-26 09:28:48 by Klownboy »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-06-26 16:23:42 »
sorry if this would be considered necro posting, but i like the save point, for some reason i haven't been able to find too many modded save points.
besides this one, the one int Prp, and i saw a moogle one, that i thought was awesome but was never able to find the acctual mod for it  :cry:

EDIT: where did you get that cloud model? the AC one here is similiar, but i don't think it has the sword at the hip like yours does.
You can do it yourself using kimera and just edit the textures for the textures. And please don't post about stuff like this to game tweaking. I'm pretty sure its just for releases and wips although this thread was made a long time ago so obesebear didn't bother moving it.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-06-26 18:11:31 »
Did you manage to do a version where the orbs around would resemble the available materia colours?
Also is that savepoint stiff or you can go right through it?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-06-27 00:19:45 »
If all he did was change the model, then yes, you can go right through it.  Which would look a bit awkward.

Anyway, there's already another thread related to this in General, so let's leave this one to die.

LevelOne

• I feel so sad for the moon. Darn Betelgeuse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-11-16 00:52:34 »
Possibly if you were able to get the materia/spheres (I'm thinking they're supposed to represent materia for coolness's sake :) ) to rotate around the main savepoint, sort of like a gravitational rotation effect ^^

I dunno if you've still got that savepoint, I'm hoping a mod for a savepoint becomes available soon, since Mike's was taken off megaupload :( Great job so far from what I can see though :D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-11-16 00:54:59 »
Possibly if you were able to get the materia/spheres (I'm thinking they're supposed to represent materia for coolness's sake :) ) to rotate around the main savepoint, sort of like a gravitational rotation effect ^^

I dunno if you've still got that savepoint, I'm hoping a mod for a savepoint becomes available soon, since Mike's was taken off megaupload :( Great job so far from what I can see though :D
This thread died in May.   And is now locked.   Also, you are now warned.  Congrats