Author Topic: I've been gone lately.....  (Read 4505 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
I've been gone lately.....
« on: 2001-05-20 00:37:00 »
I hope I haven't been noticebly absent for a while. I've been busy with two of my other side projects for now. First a space simulater that spun out of control and turned into a play-by-email galactic conquest game of *amazing* porportions. (6000 starsystems, each with 8-15 planets, and the ability to have over 200 players) I'm stuck on a nasty bug where my oceans are shrinking every time you visit a planet. After 6 ot 7 visits your waterwold looks like mars, but the renderer still reports a good hydosphere. grrr...

The second is I'm trying to beat all the final fantasies, but stuck on the floating island in 6 (before kafka moves the statues) that's annoying me too.

Of course My ongoing project of finding a Japanese wife is going well. I've been accepted to a collage that offers Japanese as a major and have a good shot of going to a collage next year in Japan. I should really update my project page with that as it's one of the only "full time" projects that I cannot stop.

(my project page can be found at  http://www.execpc.com/~halkun" TARGET=_blank>http://www.execpc.com/~halkun  )

the #psxemu guys are hinting at me to do a  rewrite of my psx doc. I would really like to do this so it will be finaly an original derivitive work. (I've taken a little too much from my sources without it being enough of me talking about it. Nothing was taken from Sony, but it does read like a manual from IDT.) I'd also like to add info on the pocketstataion, bios calls, more MDEC innies, and interrupt timing, as those are the next logical steps in emulation. It's soo tempting, and difficult to do by myself. I wish someone would add to the doc, but everyone kinda just uses it as the end-all auth on the PS1. It's needs to be updated. I feel as if I'm negecting it.

Oh, I have a rule I can only work on three projects at a time. Keeps me from procrasinating.

When I go to school full-time however I will be dropping off the face of the internet for a year. Has to be done though as all of my resourses will be used to look for a Japanese wife...errr...studing so I can go to Japan. I'll probably hand my PSX doc over to someone to maintain. I plan to go to school in Augest.

I have absolutly no Idea why I wrote this. Maybe you guys can tell me if I've been any help. have I become "important" here or a lurker with bas spelling that comes up with ideas once in a while. Just wondering.

I have to go to bed. 3rd shift is a pain.

-Halkun

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #1 on: 2001-05-20 00:48:00 »
I'm just a tech, I don't know too much about programming, but it seems like you've provided some good info here.

. . . and yeah.  That floating continent is a bitch.  If you have Cyan in your party, when you fight that Gigantos thing, use (whichever Esper casts invisible on all of your guys, can't remember which one he his.) and then just keep quadra slamming Gigantos.  Don't use any other attacks with any other characters, and they'll never lose their invisibility.  Gigantos won't stand a chance, 'cuz he doesn't use magic.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #2 on: 2001-05-20 10:08:00 »
Halkun: You have really had some great ideas .. hell i just enjoyed reading them.. I am sure your gonna go somewhere... Good luck with your project of finding a Japanese wife..  :) I know you will be missed by the board...