Author Topic: Anarchy!  (Read 12306 times)

Anonymous

Anarchy!
« on: 2001-05-04 02:33:00 »
I know this doesn't go with any final fantasy or any techie subject.  BUt I need work off my anger.  I am really pissed off.  
On May 1, 2001, 150 or so Anarchists gathered in Long Beach to make a demonstration.  Without making anything disruptive, just blocking traffic, police started attacking the people.  They surrounded them, and started shooting them with rubber bullets and hitting them.  The scenes were recorded by the news.  At the end, 90 or so people were arrested.  One of them was my girlfriend.  She was set on a $500 bail, and is scheduled to go to court soon.  THey were arrested just because they did not have a permit to do that protest.  The point is that our rights are going down the drain.  One time I was with my girlfriend in the car, when a cop came.  I had parked my car in a street (any street) to talk to my girlfriend (this was around 2 am).  The cop treated us if we were some kind of menace.  He then told us to leave.  WE are not even free to park in a public place at 2 am.  What is this country comming to!

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #1 on: 2001-05-04 17:41:00 »
As Jim Ross would say:
"Thats not right"

And my dad would say:
"Nuke the bastards"

M0T

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #2 on: 2001-05-04 19:41:00 »
NUKE EVERYONE ONE ESPECIALLY CHINA BECAUSE I CAN'T BUILD A WALL THAT BIG AS LAND COSTS IN LONDON HAVE SKYROCKETED, NOOOOOO.

eerrrr

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #3 on: 2001-05-04 21:36:00 »
unlucky valentine. yeah that wall's too big, lets go and steal it. anyone else wanna help?

M0T

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #4 on: 2001-05-05 01:10:00 »
He He peaceful protests, on mayday? In London thats unheard of. Last year they attacked McDonalds and a statue of winston churchill.
Although I dont live in the US the car thing at 2am is ridiculous. Although over here someone was arreted for leaving his engine running whilst walking up to the front door of his house to kiss his wife.
What is the world coming to?

M0T

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #5 on: 2001-05-05 01:11:00 »
HEY I GOT 200 posts, how many till the next rank, 30?

Anarchy!
« Reply #6 on: 2001-05-05 03:26:00 »
Sorry, but no. You've got 87.19358 more posts to go.

Trilinear

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #7 on: 2001-05-05 06:48:00 »
Yeah being harassed by officers for parking a car at 2am is rediculous.  But then again so is taking firearms to school to shoot up people just because it made other kids who did it popular.  Yeah, this is a pretty ****ing degenerative world we're in.  Parents are shoving the responsibility of raising their kids right on the schools, entertainment business, video game companies, and the government.  Everyine is getting paranoid of children who aren't like everyone else now (at least this is how it's getting where I live).  People are losing their civility.  Politeness is slowly being replaced with an attitude or a poor disposition.  These really are sad times.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Anarchy!
« Reply #8 on: 2001-05-05 08:33:00 »
I honestly couldnt imagine the world going on much longer anyway.. but yeah i hear ya i got frisked in a mall cuz i was wearing a trench coat.. 6 cops and security guards just decided to frisk me cuz someone said i had a gun supposedly  :)... its a bunch of shit

M0T

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #9 on: 2001-05-05 16:03:00 »
Maybe it was because the cops were horny.
I can see the Europe going on for ages, we're pretty stable dunno about the US though. However we get the impression that if you guys went down you'd want to take the rest of the world with you.

Anarchy!
« Reply #10 on: 2001-05-06 00:33:00 »
Yeah, I dress differently than the "normal" people my age, so my parents and a lot of other people think I'm a neo nazi. It really makes me mad.

M0T

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #11 on: 2001-05-06 16:06:00 »
If I dressed as a neo-nazi everyone would just laugh at me

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
Anarchy!
« Reply #12 on: 2001-05-06 05:18:00 »
Frisked (don't know the word but I get the meaning I think) for wearing trenchcoats...this reminds me of the old "hellmouth" slashdot.org articles describing US high school situations. Can't say I felt like switching nationality after reading it...

I guess it's human nature to harass people being different but it's definitely more exposed in some cultures than others.

And trenchcoats are actually kinda fashion here...

Trilinear

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #13 on: 2001-05-06 06:03:00 »
Heh, I'd change nationality in a heartbeat.  Don't get me wrong, I love my country, but I feel there is too much wrong with the people AND the government.

eerrrr

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #14 on: 2001-05-06 13:53:00 »
the government in england is all shitty, stupid tony blair. he's made the education go mad. if it wasnt for him there wouldnt be loads of rough losers bunking from school. he's made school really hard. stupid old man. oh yeah and did you hear about that MP or something (cant remember from which party) who's racist. he started going on about how england should get rid of all imigrants or something.

M0T

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #15 on: 2001-05-06 14:38:00 »
He said that we were a Mongrel race but hes a conservative and retiring soon so anything they do to him would be pointless.
I havent found school changed under Tony Blair. But answer this who would you rather have in, Tony Blair or William Hague. Hague is a straner person than Blair and looks like a piggy eyed moron.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
Anarchy!
« Reply #16 on: 2001-05-06 18:17:00 »
It was a Tory MP. Don't know the name offhand. (At least, I do remember a tory saying that stuff. You could be talking about something else...)

I'm afraid I'd still vote Labour at the next election, probably. Not because I particularly like Blair or some of his policies - but Hague? I mean, come on ... is he meant to be a serious candidate (and I don't mean just because he looks like a freak).

M0T

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #17 on: 2001-05-07 17:20:00 »
Its always the Tory MP's, the very old ones who are out of touch with the world.
I think personally Blair is gonna win- Hague is just desperate

Joey

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #18 on: 2001-05-08 15:30:00 »
??? What is Anarchy??? Well, glad that the cops don't do that in my country. Here's what u can do:Give the cop 500 bucks and he will let your girlfriend out if you are rich enough. This is what most of my friends in other countries do when their friends or relatives gets into trouble. I know it's bad but it works!!! :D

M0T

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #19 on: 2001-05-08 20:10:00 »
Anarchy is the absense of a system of Government- I thought the may-day riots were anti-capitalist.
And joey, you seem to be full of *Usefull* suggestions today. And Joey, bail means freed until trial where the verdict is passed. If there was no violence you could be charged with breach of peace or something similar.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
Anarchy!
« Reply #20 on: 2001-05-09 02:13:00 »
Just because most people support one aim doesn't mean all the protesters do.

I'm sure the vast majority of the protesters were peaceful, but it's also true that action groups who *aren't* so peaceful take the opportunity to do something too, while the protests are going on. Anyone in England remember last year when protesters defaced some of the monuments in London?

That's not really the fault of the "main" protesters, but it happens sometimes nevertheless.

Anarchy!
« Reply #21 on: 2001-05-12 16:55:00 »
M0T: Backing up a bit... Well, the thing is that I dress nothing like a Neo Nazi. That's what annoys me. It's about on par with people saying that the Columbine school killers were goths. Totally ignorant statements.

M0T

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #22 on: 2001-05-13 03:30:00 »
I never heared anyone say the columbine shooter was a goth.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Anarchy!
« Reply #23 on: 2001-05-13 10:34:00 »
i have they said that and about everyting else about that damn shooting....

M0T

• View Profile
Anarchy!
« Reply #24 on: 2001-05-13 23:56:00 »
well people will say anything to try and pass ther blame off themselves I would have thought it was more about the upbringing and the friends more than anything else.