Author Topic: Final Fantasy installation Prob  (Read 1674 times)

MattyFresh7

Final Fantasy installation Prob
« on: 2011-09-19 05:35:25 »
Ok, i'm having a little dilemma installing ff7 on win7x64 bit.  i installed  the v2.5-1 installer on my rig and i like all the mods it comes with but it still isn't running the game.  I know for win7's theres no true motion codec for playing the cut scenes but i thought the 2.5-1 had a fix to that problem .  Please help, I've been really eager to play ff7 again after nearly 12 years

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy installation Prob
« Reply #1 on: 2011-09-19 07:17:32 »
2.5-1? You mean the remix pack? I don't recommend it on its own, it's outdated and buggy. This may be able to help.

MattyFresh7

« Reply #2 on: 2011-09-19 18:28:38 »
is there any particular patch i need in order for the game to run because every time I try and run it it won't fully install because one because I'm illiterate when it comes to these things and two I've watched a couple videos saying that these are the typical problems when running it on win7x64 bit saying the video codex isn't in a file that win7 has.  is that a fix in the aali driver?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-09-19 19:17:02 »
The bare minimum to get the game running should be a clean install of the game, the 1.02 patch, and Aali's driver. If it's still asking for the truemotion codec, then Aali's driver is not installed properly.