Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 572143 times)

stormmedia

• View Profile
NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #75 on: 2006-03-10 16:20:40 »
I finaly got the last version of the patch lol ... good job !!

But one thing ... ice_cold513 did you test your crew1_sk on Ficedula: Ifalna cause when I tried it and it make an access violation... I know that it doesn't necesarily mean that the game will crash but It still mean there is an error somewhere so it may make the game to crash anywhere maybe it will crash when you don't even see the character... or maybe it but it still have the possibility. But it looks great !!! So .. when I will modify the size of this one I'll try to fix the acces violation.

Well I will soon publish my modified files on my site so I'll give you the link .. but first I'll need to remodify the cloud now that he has his sword on his back lol but It should not take long

well see ya

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #76 on: 2006-03-10 16:51:18 »
Yes, there IS a problem:

The file ajjf.src is wrong, you must extract ajjf2.srcd with lgp-tools, rename it to ajjf.src and replace the old ajjf.src with the new.

Otherwise, the game will crash everytime you see the highwind.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006-03-10 17:30:02 »
well I have a ajjf.p but ... I've never seen a .src in ff7 char.lgp .... haha that could explain why it freaze but ... why I haven't this file lol

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006-03-10 19:40:12 »
okey got it to work it was the ajje.rsd file that wasn't correct tanks anyway Grisu  ;)

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #79 on: 2006-03-10 19:42:43 »
Oh, sure, ajje instead of ajjf...
Why did they give the files so stupid names? ;-)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006-03-10 20:27:51 »
ya Grisu... I supose they didn't want to pay someone to give them a name lol

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006-03-10 21:04:59 »
Ok ppl her a new link hope the 1 works

http://www.upload2.com/?cmd=_viewer&file=7b29918cb74300e113c48e8d3afef5b1.zip&s=80217

and the link will be on my 1st post
Hi stormmedia

yes i did test it in the game and it worked.

I been reading your posts and it just looks like your resizeing them and. I have done that just waiting to the new NPC patch too post it or are you redoing the annimation too anyway can you PM me on how to get a ftp server.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006-03-10 21:57:27 »
well ice_cold513 what I'm doing is to resize them so the fit the background yes but I also make the legs and foot to fit to the rest of the body... because in the Reunion and npc the legs and foots are too big and long (well it is not you fault 'cause in the battle.lgp it is like that lol) ... well that is sure just a detail but still lol .. and also I makes the model to fit a little bit better with the annimation ... I don't modify the annimation files because they are already correct I just adjust the model to prevent the part of the body to detach from each other.  So basicly I fix the bugs lol

and for the ftp ... well... do you have messenger .. you could simply send me your stuff and I could host them on my site ... I have ulimited space so... lol

well see ya

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006-03-11 00:41:12 »
Here I added a closer look of my work so everybody will understand what I'm doing. I took for the exemple the crew1_sk of ice_cold513 (no offense ice_cold513 this is not because it wasn't good that I took this model as exemple, it's because it is the one I was working on when I decided to make the screenshot ...)

note that the one with my modification is the left one and that he is smaller than the ice_cold513's one but the program streched it.

http://two.fsphost.com/stormmedia/npc_project/screen.html

I'm about to publish some of my files so if your interested look for it!!
« Last Edit: 2006-05-13 02:26:21 by stormmedia »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006-03-11 02:32:53 »
hey ppl good news
I published my first relase of my work!!! if you want to try it just click on the link on my last post and click on "download it now" and then you do the same tihings as usual ... extract the char.lgp file and copy the contain of each folders where you extracted the files remplacing them.  Well I have a readme with all the detail about this patch

well that's it enjoy!!!

oh and tell me if the crew member in the highwind(the only one recreated) work fine... I didn't test it ingame ... I don't actualy have a save game with the highwind... I kindda my games erase by error lol ... well thanks in advence for telling me if he is good and tell me your feeback about this release if you want

well see you around !!!

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006-03-11 08:18:53 »
Hay that np what you did but to tell you i have resize all the model and waiting to host. The new NPC patch i have reesized 2 patches 1 is SD and the 2nd is nonSD resized

anyway too test a model that got the same number bones as cloud rename its HRC too aaaa.HRC

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #86 on: 2006-03-11 08:52:05 »
Confused... :roll:
Which of your patches should be installed now, and in what order?
What is the difference between the 3 links in ice_colds first post???

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006-03-11 14:30:31 »
Ice_coled513 .. I know that you resize them but like I said I didn't just resized them I resize part by part to make it fit to the rest of the body (not just the head,hands and feet like in SD) and also to make them fit better to the anniamations.  I used HRC resezer to do it I guess ... could you tell me what number did you used .. It will be less complicated for me when I will do these models you've done 'cause I have do all to the medels almost the same thing so if I know what % of the original you used It will help

and Grisu .. start with the original files on your ff7 disc .. start the reunion pathch... start the npc reconstruction patch 0.4  and then remplace the files by mines

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006-03-11 14:33:08 »
hum grisu for my patch it is not nessecarly to install the others patches it will work anyway but the others models won't be installed you could just extract your char and remplace the files derectly

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006-03-11 15:30:20 »
well ice_cold513 I meant You used HRC resizer instead of I used lol sorry

Shaher

• View Profile
    • http://www.finalcraft.com
« Reply #90 on: 2006-03-11 17:22:00 »
stormmedia... this is damn, damn good O_O"
I'm very happy, taht there are so many great brains here on this board >.<

But, I'm a little confused Oo
Your edit, for what kind of Patch was it made, Reunion or NPC-RCP ? o.o*
Well, general question: The NPC-RCP-patch overwrites some Reunionfiles, am I right ?
And after that I've to install the stuff of stormmedia, or is this the wrong way ? oO

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006-03-11 18:12:26 »
Install just one. All of them contain all the files.

Shaher

• View Profile
    • http://www.finalcraft.com
« Reply #92 on: 2006-03-12 18:42:06 »
And all of them include the same scale-correction ? o_O
(Sorry, if this question is too stupid)

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006-03-12 20:27:51 »
Hm, I found a glitch/bug with stormmedia's patch... Not sure if it's been reported, but whatever.

In the second screen of the game, when you go to enter Cloud's name, if you return to that area, it looks...weird. Cloud's body isn't there, but you can see his legs walking on the ceiling.  :o You can still move Cloud around, though, if you have Finger activated to see where you're going.

The weird thing is, it only happens when you return to that area. Like when you're there talking to everybody, nothing's wrong. But if you go back, it happens.

Again, it's nothing big, since it doesn't crash the game, it's just a minor inconvenience. I figured I should report it, because it's potential that it could occur elsewhere.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006-03-13 21:29:04 »
Hello ppl

sorry for the delay but I was a little busy ...
Shaher  I edit the models after the reunion and npc project installed so ... well if you install npc project's patch and then remplace the models with my correction I think you will have all the files and ... no I haven't finish yet the scale and annimation correction for all models

and zero88 ... I tried to retrun to the screen and I don't have this problem ... I don't know... did you have the npc project install before mine ... well I don't think it would change anything since with my edit you remplace these files but still... well there are many models that craches when I open them with the annimation tester... mayby it may be related ... well I try to correct all the bug in this but if I don't have the problem myself it may be hard to correct it ... but I'll do my best .. first you could try to restart from the begining I mean with your original char.lgp (from your ffVII disc) and install the reunion (Borde said that it is not nessessair but when I tried the installator of the NPC project it says that It doesn't know the files version so it don't patch ... so I recommand to install the reunion patch first and then the npc project one and then mine ... sorry I know it's a pain to do but right now I have a little server problem and I can only upload 1mo files lol so ... well when I will find a new host I will upload all the files that I use (in the char.lgp of course I won't upload the game itself lol)

well I hope that will help zero88 tell me if it worked 'cause if it doesn't I will try to find the source of your probleme

I will continue my work as soon as I can so look for modification ... I will upload my work as I do it so it may be updated anytime so when I'll do my futures updates I'll tell you

well see you !!

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006-03-13 21:53:35 »
Oh and if anyone find a way to convert 3ds to .p format I could use it ... just to make some models a little less... cubic if you see what I mean

well thanks in advence

matzi

qustion about the Recontsruction Projekt
« Reply #96 on: 2006-03-23 09:55:05 »
How many NPC's you have already Reconstructed?

Myonosken

« Reply #97 on: 2006-03-23 14:44:51 »
I believe it is around 80 (although Im probably wrong).

Can I ask before I download, have you fixed the problems with legs being twisted or on the wrong sides, or hands being swapped?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006-03-23 19:38:21 »
hum ... in the last realese of npc reconstitution project they have 72 models done but since the last realese they have done more ... and I have fix the size of the models and the legs too long for 16 of those models but... I don't have much free time these time so sorry for the delay to fix more models and... Myonosken I dont have the problem you speak of ... maybe it have been fixed before I joined the project or maybe it is a problem that not everyone have that caused by the models that crashes the annimation tester ... but I fixed this ... as I said I don't have this problem so if you download my files your not supose to have any problem(for the models I've modified of course)

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #99 on: 2006-03-23 22:05:37 »
I know this is a litte aside from what you guys are doing here, but i was thinking about the bike scene in the game, could that be done up? The textures and the riders in it look pretty crap and if these could be done up the way the new characters look now it would look great. Im not saying to do this now or anything!!!!! But i just want to know if it can be done.