Author Topic: Uh. Hello  (Read 12938 times)

aengel

• View Profile
Uh. Hello
« on: 2006-06-19 13:23:20 »
Honestly.

I've no idea if you're supposed to introduce yourself on this forum or not, but I'll try to anyway. (Sure, there's the option that I've completely missed that topic, but wth.)

Well, me then. I'm Dennis, the supreme ruler of sweden.
Uh, well, the supreme citizen anyways.

Well, I'm a swedish citizen. Period.

I seem to have aged some 20 years up until today, and hopefully I will continue in this direction. If my english sucks long pointy things, it's not my fault, blame my english teacher or something.
I'm one of those music producers, constantly tweaking that beat and pumping that bass. Well, not really, since I'm more into melodic music and such. Do not be surprised if I'll post some FFVII/FFIX-related tracks in the future.
Offcourse, chances are that this will be my last post as well as my first. That kindof depends on my memory. I'll need to remember that I've registered here :/

Otherwise, I think you'll be able to stand my presence, and if not. Well. Well. Yeah, damn straight o_O

I'm gonna go hide now.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
Re: Uh. Hello
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-19 14:40:09 »
Hi and welcome to the boards.

Introduction is not required, it's nice though.

Read the rules. Try to use the best English your schoolteacher taught you and don't go insulting people in your first couple of posts. Oh, and post things that make sense  :wink:

Do that and you'll probably have a great time here.  :-)

Sad Jari

« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-19 17:14:13 »
Well, me then. I'm Dennis, the supreme ruler of sweden.
Just one question; are you superior or inferior to supreme measuring tape of Sweden?

:-D

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #3 on: 2006-06-19 17:14:50 »
Welcome to our forums!

Quote from: aengel
I've no idea if you're supposed to introduce yourself on this forum or not, but I'll try to anyway.
As Emerald said, it's not required, but by doing so, you certainly won't be treated as a newbie here by the "old members"...

I'm Dennis, the supreme ruler of sweden.
Uhm... so you're competeing with our admin, hm?  :-P

If my english sucks long pointy things, it's not my fault, blame my english teacher or something.
Taking a quick and a closer look at your first post, I'm sure that even our on-board-english-professor will not have any problems with your spelling, typing, punctuation or anything else.

By the way, noone here is supposed to write perfect english, just as our Forum Rules Topic says:
"Don't run round the house looking for that old, dusty dictionary you've never used if there's a word too difficult to spell, just try and spell as well as you can."

- Alhexx

Sad Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2006-06-19 17:31:40 »
I've no idea if you're supposed to introduce yourself on this forum or not, but I'll try to anyway.
As Emerald said, it's not required, but by doing so, you certainly won't be treated as a newbie here by the "old members"...
O rly? :-D

Sorry, had to do that. I'm rather certain that people will still think of him as newbie, at least I do. Introduction, or no introduction. It's a nice thing to do, and shows manners, but in itself it doesn't de-n00b anyone. :)

If my english sucks long pointy things, it's not my fault, blame my english teacher or something.
Taking a quick and a closer look at your first post, I'm sure that even our on-board-english-professor will not have any problems with your spelling, typing, punctuation or anything else.
Oh yes, should you develop a habit of writing like this: "can any1 help me pleaze!!!111111", I will boil your balls over a slow fire, cut them off and eat them for a dinner. In that order.

That being said, your English seems just fine.

By the way, noone here is supposed to write perfect english, just as our Forum Rules Topic says:
"Don't run round the house looking for that old, dusty dictionary you've never used if there's a word too difficult to spell, just try and spell as well as you can."
Dear Alhexx, post that thing again and I will hit you over the head with it, when the first idiot who thinks "you" is so hard word to type that he'll rather replace it with "u" quotes it as a justification. :P :P

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-06-19 20:41:28 »
What's up.

You see, you're lucky you're Swedish! You could write bad and say you never learned good English and I would buy that and tolerate you, but since you've proven yourself, good English is now an expectation of you :-P.

That aside, you say you like to work on sounds. I know there's a sound project or two in the "Game Tweaking" forum that I'm sure the authors wouldn't mind some help on that you could possibly lend a hand to, if you wanted.

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-06-19 23:58:48 »
hi and welcome.

This board is a fantastic place, and your english is extremely good so you won't have any problems :)
I think i might move to sweden, Australian internet access sucks.

catch you round (maybe  :-P)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-06-20 05:14:34 »
Welcome.  Though an introduction isn't required, it's still a nice gesture.  It kind of shows you want to be a positive contribution to the board, and not just one of those single-posters, "n e body hlps me!!! 8P."  That being said, first impressions are usually lasting ones and I think you made a good one here.  You can come out from hiding now.  :-D

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-06-20 11:06:56 »
and your english is extremely good

Yeah, totally. Like blasting off my screen! WHAM! Ex-treme! Wow, dude!  :wink: :-P

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-06-20 16:27:28 »
and your english is extremely good

Yeah, totally. Like blasting off my screen! WHAM! Ex-treme! Wow, dude!  :wink: :-P

come on... first post and his english is better than most english-speaking n00bs that figure out how to post on forums.  :-P

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-06-20 19:47:16 »
True.

I was just messing around  :-D

aengel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-06-20 22:55:40 »
Whoa. All you guys are like, quoting and such. I really can't bother with that atm.
Well, since the introducing of my person wasn't necessary, feel free to un-introduce me by reading the whole introduction backwards.
As for you Alhexx, (that was your name, right?) your'e swedish? Or are you just trying to take what's mine through right of birth (or would be, had I only been born in that family). Nasty you.

Actually, I really do think I might like it around here. Sure it may have its ups and downs, but that's how forums are supposed to work.

And yeah, I try to consider myself a musician, but my projects can be a bit on the harder side. I like trying to change the genre of music from the game into something completely different. Meaning that slow tracks can be made into beaming trance hits. and battle themeing may as well fit in a downtempo style.

Just my 2 SEK's worth.

And, yuh, thanks for welcoming me you guys  :lol:

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-06-20 23:05:19 »
No, THe Administrator of the forums, Qhimm, Lives in Linköping, Sweden

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #13 on: 2006-06-20 23:41:10 »
I'm Dennis, the supreme ruler of sweden.
Foolish mortal, trying to impersonate me in my own domain! Now kneel before Zod! :evil:
« Last Edit: 2006-06-20 23:44:33 by Qhimm »

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-06-21 02:36:20 »
Qhimm, You never fail to amuse me

aengel

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-06-21 10:26:56 »
Hardy har har har.
I kneel for noone. Except my girlfriend. And my mum.
And maybe dad.

But other than that, I kneel for noone. But if you'd really like to, I'll bend me knees a bit.

EAngelos89

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-06-21 12:39:29 »
Oh yes, should you develop a habit of writing like this: "can any1 help me pleaze!!!111111", I will boil your balls over a slow fire, cut them off and eat them for a dinner. In that order.

He he he!!! Seems that you get really mad, when you see someone writing like that, my friend! Well... I have to tell you that I have gotten used to this style of writing (call it Monkey-ish or whatever), because I see people writing like that all the time in World of Warcraft or on mIRC... it doesn't really bug me personally... I could even say I like using shortened words (e.g. "u" in place of "you"), but not too much. Yep, Sad Jari, I overdid it on that other "illegal" thread I made (By the way, I have found a solution to my problem a few hours ago just by experimenting on my own! :-D) and I didn't pay attention to the punctuation either... it doesn't mean that I don't know the Grammar rules, but sometimes when chatting online I feel too bored to pay attention to them!
« Last Edit: 2006-06-21 12:41:58 by EAngelos89 »

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-06-21 13:12:05 »
I follow you there, but I feel that on a forum, you have time to think about what you type, where in a chat room, its instant, it takes longet that three seconds.

Imagine writing a note on a Bulliten Board, then someone responds to it by placing another not on the Board, that is exactly what a forum is!

Sad Jari

« Reply #18 on: 2006-06-21 13:27:35 »
EAngelos89: I'm not your friend, in any sense of the word.

And if you don't start playing by the rules, you are going to have to look for a new sandbox to play in, really soon.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #19 on: 2006-06-21 13:38:59 »
But other than that, I kneel for noone. But if you'd really like to, I'll bend me knees a bit.
Zod is amused by your insolence, so you will be spared. For now.

aengel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006-06-21 16:05:36 »
EAngelos89: I'm not your friend, in any sense of the word.

And if you don't start playing by the rules, you are going to have to look for a new sandbox to play in, really soon.

Why the hostility? Can't we all  just be friends  :roll:
Anyways, you serve under me, all of you, so it's either behave, or beheaded.
Hmpf.

Sad Jari

« Reply #21 on: 2006-06-21 18:03:46 »
Why the hostility?
Pest control. I'm the official bad cop here, and I get results.

aengel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006-06-21 19:16:24 »
Sucks playing bad cop when all the others get to play good. But yeah, you really do need at least one bad cop.
But I guess you are really cuddly anyways. *snuggle*

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006-06-22 00:01:15 »
Sucks playing bad cop when all the others get to play good. But yeah, you really do need at least one bad cop.
But I guess you are really cuddly anyways. *snuggle*

*snicker*  Jari?  Cuddly?  Just try hugging him.  Even calling him "my friend" gets an icy retort.  One of the first things that you'll learn on the forum is that Jari is a bad cop.  He's not acting.  Either that, or he's acting very well.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006-06-22 00:20:24 »
Anyways, you serve under me, all of you, so it's either behave, or beheaded.

Allright. Playtime's over. It's been fun. We obediently followed you for this time. It's done now though.

So, from now on your "the new guy" again.  :-D :wink: