Author Topic: Your favourite Final Fantasy villian?  (Read 13649 times)

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
Your favourite Final Fantasy villian?
« on: 2007-12-31 19:48:56 »
As for me look at my avatar :evil:

I think 80% of you will agree or not?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Your favourite Final Fantasy villian?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-01-01 11:29:59 »
Agreed lol.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-01-01 15:14:38 »
Toss up between him and Kefka.  If Squeenix finally got around to remaking FF6... probably Kefka.  As long as he doesn't look like a transexual clown again  ::hand to face::

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-01-01 15:24:15 »
Yeah Kefka was a really good villian I agree with you. However in a remake of VI he would probably look even more gay :lol:
Somehow that fits but somehow not for a cruel villian. Well anyways good choice

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-01-01 21:05:08 »
I always thought Sin from FFX was an interesting concept. Granted, it was something of a conglomerate of characters and created by Yu Yevon. At the same time though rather than the typical "destroy the world" villain, it was more like punish the world repeatedly. Plus the whole keeping Zanarkand alive in a dream, pretty cool. I'm not quite sure I'd go so far as to call it my favorite, but it deserves a mention.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-01-01 23:39:39 »
The world punishment was a cool concept, no doubt.  I just struggle to stay awake during FFX's storyline.  Same with 12, i think i have 3 hours logged in that game from over a year ago.

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-01-02 06:37:22 »
Well every Final Fantasy villian "deserves a mention". Theyre all great but some are just genious. As for FFX's and XII's storyline I can only say that they are Ok, I even liked XII. In Final Fantasy X, the only thing thats really getting on my nerves is the Final Boss. I speak of Jekkt and Yu Yevon. They all suck completely, too weak, too ugly. I would have found it better if Seymour Ultima had been the Final Boss instead of Yu Yevon.(Of course he would have to be stronger)

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-01-02 07:09:53 »
!!! SPOILER ALERT !!!

Perhaps, but I could also argue that Sephiroth constantly has his facts wrong in the FF7 storyline, as well as a complete idiot for "toying with Cloud" despite having a record of 0-4 or so against him. But that's what creates the character. In art, flaws create perfection. That's why I liked Yu Yevon, who was so desperate to cling to Zanarkand that he created Sin and forced the fayth to summon a dream version of his former home, then demolished any sign of advancement to protect Zanarkand. In that sense, it blurs the entire concept of good and evil. He wasn't a God, he wasn't trying to be, yet he had a much longer lasting and more devastating impact in his world than almost every other FF villain.
I said not necessarily my favorite because it's a toss up between him and Kefka, who I honestly just found hilarious in his own odd way. No further explanation needed, really. Same with Sephiroth, who I can understand why he's liked and all.

EDIT - Apologies, obesebear. I'm not sure if you were sarcastic or not, but regardless I should have added the spoiler alert. As cool as I thought Sin was, and the back story for FFX, the game itself had a lot of things going against it. Namingly Tidus. 
« Last Edit: 2008-01-02 10:54:11 by Tsetra »

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-01-02 08:16:05 »
The only really stupid villians are these Final Bosses that come out of nothing, speaking of the Cloud of Darkness(FFIII), Zeromus(IV), Necron(IX) and maybe Yu Yevon.
In part III, I see Zande as original villian, in part IV Golbez(since you chase him for 90% of the game), in part IX Kuja and in part X Sin or Jekkt.
Its kinda stupid that they changed the main villian during the last 10% of the game......

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-01-02 08:24:44 »
Big thanks to Tsetra for the spoilers, I never did finish X but am now kinda glad I know how it ends  :-D .   Probably my fault for not finishing a 4 year old game lol.  If only someone would spoil XII for me so I can toss it in a fire.

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-01-02 08:32:22 »
No dont say that Id recommend finishinf XII after you fight Cid it got very interesting for me.
I especially enjoyed the 2nd fight against Cid the sequences are great and I love to hear him say:"Behold the manufactured Nethizite! The fruit of our power and knowledge! See what the stone of man is capable of!!!! Witness its power with your own eyes!!! FAMFRIT!!! TO ME!!!!!" :lol: Thats kinda cool!
At which event in the story are you? I can spoil it if you want

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-01-02 17:51:46 »
Last I remember... I think I entered a temple and as I walked in, a moving wall with spikes attacked and crushed me.  I dont think I'll be finishing XII mainly because even the men look like women.  Running around with a female as a main character is no problem, but playing with with a male who looks and sounds like a female... that I havea  problem with.

I have big hopes for XIII because it looks like the men will not only look, but also act like men.

Synergy Blades

« Reply #12 on: 2008-01-02 19:25:09 »
The main characters have been getting more feminine as time goes on, at last it seems as though the transformation is complete.  :-D

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-01-02 21:00:54 »
Well...actually I liked Vaan....but anyways.

I know where you are. The place is called Raithwalls Tomb right?
Ok thats a bit early and Im tired now Ill do it tomorrow if you dont mind

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-01-03 12:31:24 »
Kefka Palazzo.

I love his madness, and his laugh is just awesome. (The videos are LOL).
It's a pure villian. Sephiroth is the second...

Ultimecia, Kuja, Seymour (because Yu Yevon doesn't really count for me), are s***.

P.D.: Still I love Ultimecia's design (she is perversion xD). And Kuja reminds me to Kadaj from FFVII AC, so... it's okay.
« Last Edit: 2008-01-03 14:52:36 by Henkäys Ikuisuudesta »

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #15 on: 2008-01-03 14:50:03 »
Vormav.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-01-03 16:09:48 »

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-01-03 19:39:20 »
Why? Kefka was (and IS) one of the best villians ever made. When I read these posts I see that I wanna beat part VI again^^

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-01-10 20:18:45 »
kefka of course. he was the most realistic [and hilarious] villain in ff games to date. even though he's a bad guy i really liked the bastard :D

i didn't play ff12 till the end yet, so i don't know about that one. but i doubt i would reconsider.

i think ff8 had the worst villain, as she's so insignificant anyway. even though ff8 is my personal favorite of all ff games.

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-01-12 09:40:38 »
Well Ultimecia is far better if you believe in the Ultimecia=Rinoa theory like I do but youre right shes not that great. As you may have imagined, Vayne Solidor is the villian of FFXII. Well actually its Venat, cause Vayne and Cid are only used by Venat to achieve his goal(a world thats not controlled by the undying ones). However, Vaynes last form(Undying) is really cool in my opinion
« Last Edit: 2008-01-27 13:12:50 by The Black-caped Man »

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-01-13 13:01:59 »
seymor was pretty cool in ffx, way more than virtually non-existant yu-yevon. but he still sucked :]

also final boss in ff9 was lame (was it necron? or something like that?), as you learn about him in the very last moment when you think it's over :/

i like when the villain appears throughout the ff game, so you can get some background on him, instead of being surprised in the end.
« Last Edit: 2008-01-13 13:04:50 by yoshi314 »

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008-01-13 13:12:59 »
Thats exaclty what I wrote above^^

Yeah youre right I also see Seymour as the main villian in FFX as he is really(his voice fits perfectly with his person).

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008-01-14 06:29:06 »
do you mean seymour with english voice or japanese (i haven't heard the latter yet). his english voice is creepy, and it kinda suits this twisted character :]

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008-01-14 11:48:20 »
Yeah I mean his english too. (Never heard the japanese, gotta look on youtube)

Clad_in_Black

« Reply #24 on: 2008-10-26 23:24:38 »
well, you have to look at how the villain thinks, I mean, Sin of FFX is only thinking about "Kill, Destroy, Go to bathroom", while Kefka, the crazy weirdo, is infused with magitek, witch has tainted his mind so badley that he wants to destroy the world...

I like Kefka (and I'm not gay!)