Author Topic: FF7 Flickering Materia Bug  (Read 2123 times)

alexmalex252

FF7 Flickering Materia Bug
« on: 2011-02-20 16:03:37 »
Ive been trying to fix this for days now, and i cant seem to find any way of fixing the flickering materia after applying the PRP patch with TA's Graphical Overhaul. I do know that the 2.5.1 Remix patch for FF7 has the fix IN the patch itself, but i dont need most of the mods included in the patch, and i cant find any way to make a fix for the problem. Does someone possibly have a fix for this problem, and if not, could someone MAKE a fix for the problem??

Thanks

frivol

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Flickering Materia Bug
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-21 23:00:01 »
Hi, I do not know if this is what you need to do to fix the flickering materia problem, but maybe it is the same problem that causes the flickering head of the field custom models, where you have to add a second head in kimera because the game makes the first head disapear every few seconds to display the second head, to create the effect that the character's eyes are blinking.

I guess that the materia does a kind of glowing effect in game or something like that, and it is probably missing the part which displays the materia glowing. In that case all you have to do is to search the file of the materia (after extract the char.lpg file) and then open it in kimera. Once you are in Kimera, double click on the materia part to see what is its name on the header of the new window that will pop up, and then close that window and finally hit on "Add part to the bone", and just add the same materia so that you will have 2 materias in the same place to avoid the flickering thing.