Author Topic: Who can make editor, that can change initial equipment of Cait Sith and Vincent?  (Read 2814 times)

Raziel80

• View Profile
Who can make editor, that can change initial equipment of Cait Sith and Vincent for PSX PAL english version? Editor that can change in the NAMEMENU.MNU file: initial weapon, armor, accessory, initial materia in weapon and armor, AP in initial materia for Cait Sith and Vincent on the PSX.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
you should be able to use WallMarket for most of this according to the wiki page it supports both PC and PSX data. The NAMEMENU.MNU edits might not be nessessary if you replace their default name (in the kernel) and replace the texture used for their picture.

Raziel80

• View Profile
Yes, to change initial equipment for other characters (except Cait Sith and Vincent) we can use Black Chocobo or WallMarket.
The NAMEMENU.MNU edits might not be nessessary if you replace their default name (in the kernel) and replace the texture used for their picture.

This means that we will need to change the original kernel file. I don't want to change original kernel.bin for now. I prefer small editor for namemenu.mnu file. Or we can open this file in Hex editor and change initial equipment of Cait Sith and Vincent manually. But it is inconvenient. And I think namemenu.mnu is the same for PSX PAL English and NTSC versions.
Thank you for answer.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 21:55:49 by Raziel80 »