Author Topic: SVN issues...  (Read 3687 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
SVN issues...
« on: 2007-02-06 02:24:46 »
Oh wow! I'm really fighting with SVN trying to get it updated. Looking at the situation, someone updated to Subversion 1.4 and and anyone running SVN v1.3 will not be able to commit properly. I can't tell if this is a thing sourceforge did, or something on our side. I'm updating to SVN 1.4 now to see if that will solve any issues. So, hold off on commits while I attempt to fix what going on...

More to come.

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: SVN issues...
« Reply #1 on: 2007-02-06 03:05:32 »
Hmmm Well it would likely have to be source forge.  There seems to be this intense push to upgrade things. Unless the version is a security bug laden rat trap, I don't see the need for it.  It's become a chronic idiocsyncracy of the Linux realm that people set there builds against a really messed up hodge podge of versions of things.   Looks like I have to upgrade bleed'n SVN too. GRRRR.

Cyb

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 2007-02-06 03:34:56 »
Ok, I got connected. It seems that they changed the way hidden .svn directories work in 1.4

Here's the plan. I'm running subversion 1.3 (with no real vaiable way to upgrade to 1.4) What I'm going to do is hand merge Akari's Q-gears .11 changes into my working directories and do a commit on my side. After that is done, you guys will need to delete your working directories and check out the "clean" version from sourceforge. As long as we don't directly share working directories beteen svn 1.3 and svn 1.4, we should be able to commit and update just fine. (What I mean by directly sharing is no zipping files and sending the zip file to someone else. All commits and updates must be done though the clients. the .svn directories on your local copy are different between v1.3 and vv1.4)

I hope I didn't confuse anyone...

I'm off to merge. I'll let you know how it goes.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 2007-02-06 04:42:19 »
Double post, but warreted for the bump

Ok, v.011 is in SVN after much pain. My working directory is "clean" and works OK. You should all be able to an svn update to pull down the current changes. You shoudn't need to update your clients. Akari and my .svn dirs were incompantable and that's why I have having such a hard time updating Subversion. As long as you guys don't directly swap directories, you should be fine

If there are still issues, try whacking your working directory and do a clean checkout, merge as approprite

If you are having problems beyond that, post the error here and I'll find a soultion.