Author Topic: Long list of issues with this installation x.x  (Read 3170 times)

PrinceStoneWolf

Long list of issues with this installation x.x
« on: 2011-05-16 08:33:46 »
Alright, first off I'm happy to have found these forums!!!!!!!

Second of all what the hell was I THINKING!

Third of all........... stupid pos game/windows/computer *chucks it through window then retrieves it, plugs it back in and it still runs*....... whew

Ok, now that that's out, I'm frustrated with this.

I've gone EVERYWHERE I could think to go and royally screwed my Final Fantasy instillation I'm sure.  I can't get aali's updated opengl to load up the config file x.x.  I had it once.... then made the mistake of over installing it with the remix pack when is tilll couldn't get it to work.  More on THIS issue after a moment.

First question I need help with.

Ok I had the original game, but the discs have gotten massively torn up over the years.  I kept them (mainly so the eula would still be applicable).  I downloaded a copy to replace them rather than going out and buying a replacement disc.  This may be the issue but this is where it gets FUN! 

First I installed that.  It was the final fantasy ULITMATE edition. >.> 
Nuked that install asap.

Downloaded another version.  Didn't work, wouldn't even OPEN.

3rd, I torrented and found a very GOOD working copy (last updated post was 2 weeks ago windows 7 fixed etc. etc.)

So here we go.

I click install.

0.0  THE HELL?!  Why'd it not do anything? >.>  3 days later I"m sitting here at home and the freaking thing pops up with music while playing evony.  0.o  WTF?!  Final Fantasy 7 installer?!  HELL YES!  Random......

It took that long to pop up the installer and the files are .iso.  IS THERE a way to fix this so that if I uninstall everything and clear back to 0 a fresh copy and start over so I can get this freaking hunk of junk emachines to play my favorite game?  LMFAO.

How do I get the installer to NOT be random like that and actually "install"  or is there a way to properly "erase" the remix 2.5.1 pack without?

======================================================================================

Next question list:

Ok, I tried everything from copying the movies over from the iso to the file and that did nothing, no matter what I did I couldn't get the movies to play OUT of the game, and get a black screen past the New/continue menu.  The background garbels a split second then blacks on that menu, so only text is there.  Wasn't there a loading screen before?  lol. 

Step by step so I can stop banging my head against the wall so hard can someone please explain to me what to download and install, (the aali, and the patch 1.02 part I have memorized) IF that is I missed anything?  Should I try the remix install instead and then force/manual update aali and call it good?   

NOW, I'm running windws 7 home basic 64 bit.  I have an emachines hunk o crap wal-mart rip off (couldn't afford a better one sadly). 
It's got an amd sempron 2.8ghz (gag I know). 
2 gigs of ddr3
A 500 gig hard drive.
 And an onboard (can't afford an upgrade) GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphics.

Am I just doomed to repeat the same failure? lol.  I tried to get into the
app file using notepad.  Guess what.  BLANK. 0.o  YES blank!!!!!!!

Seriously I've spent days doing home work arounds from every sight, before I figured out I think I fried my install..... this time I want it to be a one stop shop if possible, if NOT, well I'll make it happen if it can. 

A friend suggested burning the iso to discs.  Can I compress to a single dvd and make it work? x.x  no blank cd's and no cash lmfao. 

I also have this game for playstation, and a ps2, however..... I have 3 copies (all bought used), one of which had a working copy of each disc brand new.  However, that has changed after someone managed to spill them on the ground on me.  ALL of my disc 2's are completely useless and won't register now. >.>  I've done everything possible to fix this as well, hell I got so mad I downloaded a psp emulator and the psp version.  STILL can't get it to work.

======================================================================================

I hate to admit this, but it's obvious at this point.  I'm a newb at this sort of thing.  What resources should I consider looking into so I can remedy that?

THANK YOU A MILLION WHOEVER FIXES MY ISSUE!

Stone Wolf

EDIT =====  I OWN A BOUGHT COPY, but unusable version of the PC  of Final Fantasy 7.  That is the only reason I mentioned Torrents, I do NOT condone illegal pirating, and am hereby editing the other posts I have made as per having reread the forum rules.  If I need to make further editing later I will do so removing that piece and leaving it at that.

Edit====== I burnt the iso to disc.  It is working for instillation like a dream, I'm not sure why it acted this way.  I'm currently in the process of trying to get the game to stop asking for the disc that's in the drive. >.>  Such a headache, but oh so worth it. 
« Last Edit: 2011-05-16 10:33:50 by PrinceStoneWolf »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Long list of issues with this installation x.x
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-16 08:45:06 »
3rd, I torrented and found a very GOOD working copy (last updated post was 2 weeks ago windows 7 fixed etc. etc.)

So here we go.

I click install.

Are you f*cking demented and retarded?  Do you realise that most forums won't allow you to come asking questions with an illegal copy?  That all over this f*cker board it has banned and ended threads like this one and yet you and 10000 more people STILL insist on it.  Owning discs for playstation doesn't cut it, especially when you admit to downloading the PC game from torrents!

How were you born?  THAT IS MY QUESTION.  Where do you people come from!!!!?????  I have said it before, there should be an IQ test before you be allowed on forums...   Any case, I do have a good idea how we can shut the majority of you posters up for good.

I hate to admit this, but it's obvious at this point.  I'm a newb at this sort of thing.  What resources should I consider looking into so I can remedy that?

How about buying the game?  That's a resource... (or failing that not telling anyone HMMMmM) perhaps you would consider getting off your lazy arse and doing some research rather than 1 huge post which you want answering for you.  .  So quit now while you are behind.

READ THE RULES OF THE FORUM.

How do I get the installer to NOT be random like that and actually "install"  or is there a way to properly "erase" the remix 2.5.1 pack without?

I can help you out with that.  Hold ALT and press F4.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-16 09:00:27 by DLPB »

PrinceStoneWolf

« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-16 09:44:04 »
This is an entire edit to ensure no one was offended needlessly, as I was highly frustrated, I wasn't very careful in my wording.

Ok, the edit above explains what I wanted to say.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-16 10:34:48 by PrinceStoneWolf »

PrinceStoneWolf

« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-16 10:00:19 »
oh and btw, I have both the playstation versions AND the pc version, just so I can clarify, LEGALLY BOUGHT ORIGINAL DISCS.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-16 16:43:33 »
If I assume you are telling the truth (and I don't believe you), it is the way you don't read rules, still mention torrent and then list a huge amount of demands that you could have found out yourself with a bit of work, that really annoys me.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-16 17:19:10 »
We cannot provide any support to pirate users for legal reasons.

For this reason, I must close this thread.