Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079258 times)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7)
« Reply #1900 on: 2018-11-09 13:42:15 »
Ye, Tifa's ultimate weapon is the most annoying imo. It would be ok if you weren't forced to use your limit. 4xcut Platinum fist Tifa with full limit gauge at lvl 4 would be nice to use (mime?). But every time she dies here ultimate is just as useless.
I wanted to keep the mechanics as similar as vanilla as possible, in other words, the same "flaws" will naturally follow. In the case of Tifa however I would be willing to change it, considering this is "hardcore" meaning you'll die a lot more, rendering her ultimate useless.

soku

• View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: 2018-11-09 16:43:53 »
Got ya - although I say personally, I would have better experience with more things changed/balanced, I can clearly understand your point of not drifting too far away from vanilla. It's your mod after all - and also judging from other testimonies, you did a great job. It's also nice to address things your reviewers mentioned.

By the way, there was one more peculiar thing I experienced during Bizzarro fight which I forgot to mention. I'm not completely sure, but I think I experienced a smiliar/the same thing on another battle with a new enemy, or a new enemy attack, or at least an altered enemy attack. So here's the deal:
When Bizzarro uses Aurora Fence, it is supposed to eat your MP up, and additionally remove positive statuses. So I noticed, even when it stated "Miss" on a character, the MP "damage" was "dodged" as expected, but the statuses were still removed. Is this intended to work that way?

And another thing about Aurora Fence: It also removes Sadness, even when you are immune to Sadness and Fury (=equipping Peace Ring and give your chars Sadness before the Battle). Is that intended too?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1902 on: 2018-11-11 13:54:58 »
By the way, there was one more peculiar thing I experienced during Bizzarro fight which I forgot to mention. I'm not completely sure, but I think I experienced a smiliar/the same thing on another battle with a new enemy, or a new enemy attack, or at least an altered enemy attack. So here's the deal:
When Bizzarro uses Aurora Fence, it is supposed to eat your MP up, and additionally remove positive statuses. So I noticed, even when it stated "Miss" on a character, the MP "damage" was "dodged" as expected, but the statuses were still removed. Is this intended to work that way?

And another thing about Aurora Fence: It also removes Sadness, even when you are immune to Sadness and Fury (=equipping Peace Ring and give your chars Sadness before the Battle). Is that intended too?

To be honest I'm not sure I knew about that dodge thing. Dispel attacks may not have been meant to be able to miss in the 1st place. Iirc you can't specify that status effects apply even if the attack misses (pretty sure you can't), ie the devs didn't bother to deal with that mechanic since they weren't supposed to miss, or it's a bug.

It is possible to make attacks ignore status defense though, but that flag is not on aurora fence. The sadness and fury flags are not on that attack either. When I look at the attack data I can't imagine I meant it to act like how you report here (but it's many years, who knows what I thought back then lol). I have to check this myself.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: 2019-03-02 19:18:21 »
Hey guys,

Started playing the Hardcore+Reunion mod through 7th heaven.

I´ve got a few questions about it. First, I like to know which version the Hardcore mod from 7th heaven is. Second, I noticed that Phoenix and Neo Bahamoth gives you a +50 stats boost for certain stats, I assume this is not right, I like to know what I can do to make this right. Also, the base materia like Restore, Fire, Ice etc. gives you a +15 for Vitality and Agility, and -15 for intellect and luck.. I like to know if its still like this in the mod. Thanks in advance.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1904 on: 2019-03-06 13:12:12 »
That doesn't sound right at all. The materia stat changes, when equipped, wasn't changed in this mod. If it is true what you say it sounds like something is wrong; it actually sounds like the kernel got mixed by another gameplay mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: 2019-03-06 13:44:31 »
Sounds like the wrong executable is being used; I had some .exe files packaged with FF7 NT's IRO to be dropped into the ff7 folder by the user so maybe these have been used to replace the ones created by 7H as some of the stat changes sound familiar (albeit on different materia types cause it's a Hardcore mod kernel).

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1906 on: 2019-03-06 14:38:41 »
Yes, I forgot, the kernel doesn't control the actual stats, rather what index is used by the materia.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: 2019-03-08 14:56:05 »
Sounds like the wrong executable is being used; I had some .exe files packaged with FF7 NT's IRO to be dropped into the ff7 folder by the user so maybe these have been used to replace the ones created by 7H as some of the stat changes sound familiar (albeit on different materia types cause it's a Hardcore mod kernel).

Your right the exe. is mixed up.. what I need now I suppose is get a standard ff7.exe to execute the Hardcore mod through 7th heaven.. do you know how I can get this?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1908 on: 2019-03-13 00:56:35 »
If you use steam I believe you there is some method (in the steam library, not the game) to check for file integrity. It should convert any moded files back I think. However, as you're using 7H I'm not sure if this can screw thing over with 7H (never used it myself).

Cerberusyuri

• View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: 2019-04-23 01:52:19 »
hey there, i tried to install the mod but i got an error message "ERROR: Couldn't patch ff7.exe. Unexpected byte sequence. Make sure you have newest version of ff7."
I should have the newest version cause i just installed the game before i tried to install the mod xS

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1910 on: 2019-04-28 10:41:15 »
hey there, i tried to install the mod but i got an error message "ERROR: Couldn't patch ff7.exe. Unexpected byte sequence. Make sure you have newest version of ff7."
I should have the newest version cause i just installed the game before i tried to install the mod xS
This could be solved by not patching the .exe. Uncheck the exe before clicking "Patch"

Cerberusyuri

• View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: 2019-04-28 19:52:03 »
While the error doesn't happen if i do that, the game won't start anymore.. or rather i can start but i won't even get to the squere logo. it doesn't even give response anymore so all i can do is close it afterwards. (same happened when i renamed the ff7_de.exe tp ff7.exe, and renamed it afterwards again cause it sadly has to be named ff7_de for me xS)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1912 on: 2019-04-29 02:22:06 »
Hmmm, I can't recall if I checked all the language executables. Did you chose correct language? Or is it possible for you to switch to English, aka ff7_en.exe? When I get back home tomorrow  I'll try to remember to see how I handled the different executables.

Cerberusyuri

• View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 2019-04-29 17:47:06 »
dunno how to change the game language to english xS
but yes i made sure the language setting was german

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1914 on: 2019-05-01 07:38:17 »
Assuming you're using the steam version on windows it should be possible in steam: Go to your game library and right click ff7 -> properties -> language tab.
If I have time later today I'll check out how the different .exe works with this mod.

EDIT: You should also verify files integrity to make steam install the original files: Properties -> local files tab -> verify integrity of local files...

EDIT2:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xerrube6em70eeg/Gjoerulv-1.0.7.1.zip/file
Here is a new one. It should work with all languages now.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-01 10:06:12 by gjoerulv »

Cerberusyuri

• View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: 2019-05-03 03:14:01 »
thanks for the updated file, but still gives me an error when i try to install again for the ff7.exe so it doesn't rly seem to notice that its called ff7_de.exe in german.

for your first edit, i'm not sure what you mean by that, shouldn't it install the right files if i install the game?

oh right, i thought i said that but it looks like i didn't, i tried to install the "mono mod" part of the installer. (i couldn't find a own Topic for it here so i asked where i got the launcher from xS i dunno if that makes much of a difference for you.)

and just to check, for the hardcore mod part it works fine there it noticed that it's ff7_de.exe  (sorry that i missed to mention that its the mono mod installation that makes me problems.)

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1916 on: 2019-05-06 15:31:24 »
for your first edit, i'm not sure what you mean by that, shouldn't it install the right files if i install the game?

What I mean is that there is a functionality in steam that allows you to check if files are correctly installed. This can be useful if, for example, you're not sure if the patcher screwed up the game, or if you want to patch on a clean install (which you should).

The MonoMod does not require you to patch the .exe (uncheck ff7.exe), but keep in mind that vincent and caith sith will be somewhat stronger than everyone else. All starting character data is in the kernel, but for some reason the game gets data from the .exe when those characters are recruited. Probably 'cause they are multi-purpose characters </offtopic>

Cerberusyuri

• View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: 2019-05-07 04:48:03 »
okay, so far: (patching with unchecked ff7.exe)
i tried without changing the language first, checked for errors (4 errors found) patched. game wouldn't rly start. checked for errors again, (1 error found) started, and the mod didn't seemed like it would work.
then i changed the language, checked for errors (nothing found), patched again and it started, and it finally worked^^

thanks for the help, even thought its sad that it won't work with other languages...

technaustin

• View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: 2019-05-07 21:01:00 »
If I really want the increased difficulty, but not the materia changes, can I just install everything except the kernel.bin & kernel.bin2? Thank you for this tool.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1919 on: 2019-05-08 13:10:37 »
Yes, that should work. But all other kernel changes will not be applied as well. Read the kernel tab in the info.

technaustin

• View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: 2019-05-08 16:23:24 »
Awesome. Thank you!

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: 2019-05-13 12:10:52 »
heya gjoe! in case nobody else asked.....what are the chances of you releasing an IRO for this mod?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1922 on: 2019-05-13 12:51:29 »
iro? Restraining order?

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: 2019-05-14 01:08:14 »
iro, as in the format that 7th heaven uses? lol

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1924 on: 2019-05-14 11:18:33 »
lol, yeah my bad. Someday I'll try 7H, just need some motivation to play the game again haha.