Author Topic: [The_SaiNt]_High_Res_FF7PC_1280x1024_Fix_Patcher.exe - Fails to patch  (Read 5466 times)

blueknavish

• View Profile
Hi guys. I have been reading the forum and I can't seem to find anyone having issues with this high-resolution mod so I've decided to post.

When I click patch, an error appears, and says "File not exist or write protected. Search for the file?"

I click OK to search for ff7.exe, and it still does the same error and the patch fails.
« Last Edit: 2009-02-25 17:09:13 by blueknavish »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
No, it probably doesn't, and next time, you should read the rules. FF7 PC Ultima edition is illegal and it isn't tolerated by anyone around here. So don't mention it again :D

blueknavish

• View Profile
Okay, thanks for the reply.

blueknavish

• View Profile
I have one more question. Is the NPC Reconstruction Project FF7PC 0.6 supposed to make Cloud look more realistic on the world map? I would of attempted to post in the reconstruction topic but it is locked. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2009-02-25 17:08:06 by blueknavish »

blueknavish

• View Profile
Nevermind.

"Sephiroth Crescent, were the field, world_us, and chocabo lgp files the default ones and did you maxium install FF7? If so, did you create a new lgp file with the updated models in the folders that you create to make it work? Also, it does update the world map files.
Hey, since I know you, I could send you a PM with a link to my working files if you can't get it working."

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
I always ran in to this exact problem -"When I click patch, an error appears, and says "File not exist or write protected. Search for the file?"
I click OK to search for ff7.exe, and it still does the same error and the patch fails." I have recently attempted to download the patch again and my anti-virus auto detects a "generic.dx(trojan)" inside of the patch and deletes the file. I never have been able to get the high res patch to work, but I just keep playing in full screne mode and enjoying my favorite game.