Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838339 times)

fenrir_heart

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6800 on: 2018-04-13 19:38:09 »
If this is still a problem, please let us know if you are playing on the Steam version and if you have other mods besides New Threat.

I just have this mod with the spanish version, and I am playing the Steam version.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: 2018-04-14 08:20:18 »
I`ve reuploaded the installer of the Spa version with the minigame bug fixed .  :)

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: 2018-04-15 02:21:14 »
Hey I'm on the latest .Iro did you remove summons showing what stats they effect?

And Mr smiles only gave me a max of 3 sources, for instance I did clouds mercenary and got 3 power sources and 2 for the rest.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-15 02:32:06 by cha0tic »

MegaRajang

• View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: 2018-04-15 03:45:57 »
Hello

I've currently encountered a bugged that  is really troubling, this bug is in relation to Cloud ability, whenever an ally uses a limit break he gains a stack, i am currently in midgar raid part of the game, clouds strength stat is almost 255 from power wrist gigas amulet etc, now all of a sudden every time a limit break is done in a fight and cloud gains a stack, all his damage does like 20 damage every time he attacks, i'm assuming whats happening is when the stack tries to increase past 255 it resets the stats during the fight?, which causes his damage to be minuscule.

btw i have tested this multiple times by removing his power wrist and after 2 stacks his damage resets to like 7-20, and i made sure that hes not affected by alignments during the testing to see if it was a bug, i hope either people know how to fix this or its something the creator has to fix himself.

Aside from this bug thats starting to get annoying, i'm loving the mod to bits after playing gjoerulvs mod and this mod was nice an fresh experince.  :)

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: 2018-04-15 18:04:25 »

And Mr smiles only gave me a max of 3 sources, for instance I did clouds mercenary and got 3 power sources and 2 for the rest.

Because of the custom exe sources give +5 each instead of +1.

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: 2018-04-15 18:31:44 »
Because of the custom exe sources give +5 each instead of +1.

What do you mean? I know it was supposed to be 5 sources for the +5 and 10 for the +10 but I got 3 for 10 and 2 for 5 on .iro
Something like that I don't remember the full amount but I know its not 3 and 2 sources.
What are the rewards for the show you do for rufus before getting on the boat?

edit - oh the custom .exe in the folder the sources give +5 per 1, I get it now.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-15 20:06:13 by cha0tic »

dostarr

• View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: 2018-04-20 14:14:45 »
So far New Threat has been awesome.  In fact I've been playing it in conjunction with several other mods and its been one of the best experiences yet...however I suddenly realized a glaring issue.
Despite over-farming, I am now insanely underpowered compared to other playthroughs I've been watching on youtube at my point of the game with 20 levels less than me.  After some research it turns up the sources have been tweaked to give +5 stats instead of +1...unfortunately beacause/menu overhaul requires you operate out of a separate .exe, I now have a completely nerfed 60 hour save.  Any solutions?  If I can avoid playing from scratch that'd be great....  If not, well..so be it :(

I mean, Cloud has like 70 str. at around level 55, rank 4 with a focus in strength...and a +10 str accessory.  He hits like a wet noodle, as do all my characters.  I originally thought this mod was just damn tough, turns out I've just been really REALLY handicapped.  Hence I am ending disc 1 at nearly level 60.  lol  Either way, I'm realizing at this rate I won't be able to complete the game while this gimped. 

*EDIT* After reading more about your changes to the .exe I attempted to switch from ff7_mo.exe to ff7_en.exe and ff7.exe to see if the 'x5' stat hack would alter things after the fact.  Whether or not it did I'll never know, because every time a script is encountered for a cutscene or dialog the game crashes.  I am forced to stay on ff7_mo.exe or ff7_bc.exe.  Is there anyway for me to create a .exe that somehow incorporates the necessary elements from both, or must I simply restart without MO//an older version of NT?
« Last Edit: 2018-04-20 17:43:32 by dostarr »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: 2018-04-21 02:12:25 »
@All
Sorry for lack of replies recently, nearing the end of a college course so exams, projects, etc. are all starting to kick in. I'll be free after 8th June, assuming nothing goes bad, and then I can start working on things again properly.

@Murasame
I’m surprised at the amount of things you anticipated, Segachief. I just spoke to Reno on Da Chao and ...yeah. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone else but I was surprised at his reaction.

I think I know what you're talking about, I wonder if anyone else found that?

@Chronoseth
I've noticed some weird things during my current Arrange run:
Hell Houses are practically impossible to morph because of Bad Plumbing spam.
Dragon Scales deal 5000 defense-ignoring damage. Whether or not that's intentional, it's ridiculously overpowered for something you can morph Aps into.
Poison ticks being non-elemental damage means Lich GT now harms itself with it.
Jenova-VECTOR never seems to summon the Vector Nodes.
Ethers restore 300 MP in the menu.
Near Mideel, Hippogriffs don't give any EXP but Spirals do. I haven't fought the other enemies there yet.
The Spiral Shuriken grants 68 attack. I think this was the case in previous versions too, but it only now hit me how inconsistent that is.
In terms of stat bonuses, White Capes are flat-out better than Safety Bits.
Is Trine obtainable in Arrange before the final dungeon? Armor Keeper doesn't use it.
Cloud's innate is triggered by all of Vincent's attacks while he's transformed.
Cait Sith's Black M-Phone doesn't actually drain HP.
Aeris still hangs out in Lower Junon when she's supposed to be in the City of the Ancients.
As for stuff that's just my opinion:
Braver and Climhazzard both reducing defense is a bit boring. Same with Greased Lightning and Landscaper both inflicting Slow, though Landscaper is at least different in other ways.
Satan Gate seems weak. Maybe I just got lucky, but its attacks were weak when they didn't just miss and I beat it before it could do anything meaningful. The Brass Dragon was a much longer and more involved fight.
The stat penalties on Added Effect, Magic Counter, and Gil Plus seem needlessly harsh.

-) I thought I'd sorted the bad plumbing problem; I'll remove it altogether next patch.

-) It's a one-time item you can get from Aps via Morph so I felt that it would be OK. One of the planned fixes is to make the boss Morphs better/consistent again.

-) I forgot about the poison ticks + Lich GT, I'll sort that out.

-) The Vector nodes spawn I assumed was due to people killing the boss before it could reach the criteria needed (2 attack cycles) but maybe it's an actual AI problem. I'll have a look at it properly, it's been mentioned quite a few times now.

-) I think I planned to have Ethers give 300MP in-battle + menu, but then settled on 200MP. I'll make them consistent with each other and go for 200.

-) Trine isn't obtainable until Crater in Arrange because I didn't assign it to Armour Keeper (who I'm told is easier to beat than Powersoul Keeper which is another problem). Sorry about that, I'll add it to him.

-) Vincent's Limits are an issue with this innate that I didn't think of; every command Vincent executes under the beast form is treated as a Limit attack (had a similar problem a while back with Dragon enemies having Limit-counters which resulted in counter-spam). Seems I just can't get it right with Cloud.

-) I'll add the drain flag to Cait's weapon although I think I might have done so already, I'll need to check what I've implemented for the current files and the WIP files. It's been a few weeks since I looked at them.

-) I keep forgetting to add a game-moment check for Aeris in Lower Junon. Need to get around to finishing that whole party in towns feature actually.

-) The thing with the Limits is I wanted a (loose) theme for the damage-dealing ones (Clouds was defence-reduction, Yuffies was speed reduction, etc).

-) The Arrange bosses are a bit all over the place; some are a bit too tough, some aren't tough enough. Moving toward 2.0, I'll be giving 1.5 a full once-over to handle the .exe changes and other tweaks properly.

-) I'll check the stat penalties again, I was thinking that it might be a good idea if I removed a lot of the HP% bonuses/penalties as they can really restrict materia combos and builds when they all stack together.

@Deha
EDIT: Just came up with an idea that would retain the all-around feature but add a bit more flavour to this innate.

5 stacks
Each stack gives 4 STR/MAG (= 20 in both at max)
When reaching 5 stack Cloud gets 15 VIT/SPR.

This allows Cloud to choose a aggressive style and be rewarded with defensive stats for getting alot of limits off. While also being able to go at it more slowly and getting boost along the way, "cementing" the defensive style when reaching max stacks

Ofc the numbers can be tweaked to lets say 15 total overall ( STR/MAG/VIT/SPR)

You've got a good point with Cloud vs Red and active innates vs passive ones. I'll keep this suggestion in mind, it's implementable. I might have to move away from Limit use though and go for a different trigger though as Vincent's limit forms will proc the innate very quickly (although could call that team synergy?)

@Webbhead
About the Fort Condor battles - do you have to win the mini game to win the prizes or will killing the enemy at the end of a 'fail' net the rewards? And, are the prizes worth it? (vague I know) It's maybe the one thing I have yet to still explore in the mod but my gut has said that this early in the game it can't be anything must have or spectacular to take time off the main game from. Thanks as always team -

I'm not sure it counts if you win the battle by letting the enemy reach the shed. I think you need to either: a) beat the minigame, b) Fort Condor has enough funds to deal with an encounter on their own.

Fort Condor's initial funds were changed to cover costs of all unreachable battles (mostly take place during the Junon Raid segment; I felt it would be impractical from a story and coding viewpoint to have the player warp there multiple times during a single segment). You can add more funds to this as a safety net to cover battles that are accidentally missed. I think it was 3000 or 5000gil for each battle, can't remember.

@Webbhead
Soft locked random encounter, Junon Path 2nd area, 2 slalom's and a Soldier: 2nd. Could make the run animation but no turns/actions were going. I had just used sense and was about to cast Bolt 3 when things perma stuck.

Does Soldier: M-Class (is this Soldier: 2nd?) still have a chance to drop another Yoshiyuki as listed in the enemy items guide or is that outdated? Took me a while to find one and then of course when I did the battle froze... Just wondering if obtaining 2 masamunes is possible. Thanks -

I'll re-check their AI, had softlocks with those guys a looooong time ago but perhaps one of the instances of SOLDIER 2nd or M-Class has the issue still.

SOLDIER: M-Class should still have Yoshiyuki as its only possible drop; Steal T/S Bomb; Morph Edincoat.

EDIT: Soft lock might be the same as SOLDIER: 1st, where they try to use 2x cut once or twice but then there's some kind of error as the game waits for the enemy to act. Until Sega Chief has time to check back on this thread, you'll have to rely on Paralysis status to ensure SOLDIER: M-Class doesn't do anything.

Is it the X-Cut? I'll check all of the enemies using that base model.

The buggers are hard to find I've only found like 2 in about 12 battles and no drop yet... Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it as always.

Edit: 0/8, received Hi Potion and Deadly Waste four times in a row, don't think it still drops anymore :(

I'll set Yoshiyuki as a steal instead. Sorry for the wasted time :c

Hello¡

I´m spanish and I am playing this fantastic game with this mod that I love it right now, but there is a problem. There is an error when I try to snowboard for the first time in the history. When you go to try it, after you defeat Elena and get the board, there is a black screen and you cant do anything. If you exit with the "window" botton, there is a message that there is a error, and after that, ffvii is not responding or something like that and the game stop. Can you help me please?

I`ve reuploaded the installer of the Spa version with the minigame bug fixed .  :)

Nice one, Markul :)

Hey I'm on the latest .Iro did you remove summons showing what stats they effect?

That sounds like the executable hasn't been used. In the IRO folder there should be a new ff7.exe file (or ff7_en.exe for steam version) for use with it to make some new changes take effect, such as materia equip bonuses/penalties.

Same thing with sources, with the new .exe each source should now be worth +5 to their respective stat instead of +1; the idea was to cut down on the amount of button mashing needed to use all the sources given. When DLPB releases his new .dll, it'll be possible to modify the savemap with new opcodes which will allow for direct stat-modification (got a working test script that does this).

When that's rolled out, sources won't be required anymore and I can add a stat-reset option so you can re-allocate stats. There's other possibilities as well but we'll see how things are when we get there.

Hello

I've currently encountered a bugged that  is really troubling, this bug is in relation to Cloud ability, whenever an ally uses a limit break he gains a stack, i am currently in midgar raid part of the game, clouds strength stat is almost 255 from power wrist gigas amulet etc, now all of a sudden every time a limit break is done in a fight and cloud gains a stack, all his damage does like 20 damage every time he attacks, i'm assuming whats happening is when the stack tries to increase past 255 it resets the stats during the fight?, which causes his damage to be minuscule.

btw i have tested this multiple times by removing his power wrist and after 2 stacks his damage resets to like 7-20, and i made sure that hes not affected by alignments during the testing to see if it was a bug, i hope either people know how to fix this or its something the creator has to fix himself.

Aside from this bug thats starting to get annoying, i'm loving the mod to bits after playing gjoerulvs mod and this mod was nice an fresh experince.  :)

It's an overflow of the strength stat, the other characters have a check in place to prevent it exceeding 255 but I forgot to add this for Cloud. I'll get that added.

What do you mean? I know it was supposed to be 5 sources for the +5 and 10 for the +10 but I got 3 for 10 and 2 for 5 on .iro
Something like that I don't remember the full amount but I know its not 3 and 2 sources.
What are the rewards for the show you do for rufus before getting on the boat?

edit - oh the custom .exe in the folder the sources give +5 per 1, I get it now.

From the Rufus parade, I think the only real prize is a Rune Armlet (decent defence, double growth). You get a potion or nothing otherwise.

So far New Threat has been awesome.  In fact I've been playing it in conjunction with several other mods and its been one of the best experiences yet...however I suddenly realized a glaring issue.
Despite over-farming, I am now insanely underpowered compared to other playthroughs I've been watching on youtube at my point of the game with 20 levels less than me.  After some research it turns up the sources have been tweaked to give +5 stats instead of +1...unfortunately beacause/menu overhaul requires you operate out of a separate .exe, I now have a completely nerfed 60 hour save.  Any solutions?  If I can avoid playing from scratch that'd be great....  If not, well..so be it :(

I mean, Cloud has like 70 str. at around level 55, rank 4 with a focus in strength...and a +10 str accessory.  He hits like a wet noodle, as do all my characters.  I originally thought this mod was just damn tough, turns out I've just been really REALLY handicapped.  Hence I am ending disc 1 at nearly level 60.  lol  Either way, I'm realizing at this rate I won't be able to complete the game while this gimped. 

*EDIT* After reading more about your changes to the .exe I attempted to switch from ff7_mo.exe to ff7_en.exe and ff7.exe to see if the 'x5' stat hack would alter things after the fact.  Whether or not it did I'll never know, because every time a script is encountered for a cutscene or dialog the game crashes.  I am forced to stay on ff7_mo.exe or ff7_bc.exe.  Is there anyway for me to create a .exe that somehow incorporates the necessary elements from both, or must I simply restart without MO//an older version of NT?

Best solution at this point would be to figure out how much you're missing stat-wise and then open your save file with the Black Chocobo Save Editor tool; you can add Source bonus points to your stats for each character and restore the missing stats.

However, if you do this and are using the Steam version then make sure to make a backup of your save folder. Though Black Chocobo has been updated to get around this issue, when the FF7 launcher is opened it conducts a check on your save files for alterations and deletes them without warning if they don't pass (why the game needed save file verification I don't know but Square added it anyway).

If this happens, just copy-paste your backup saves back in then play the game as normal. When you save the game it'll update the check and they'll be safe from the launcher again.

In the meantime I could try mixing one of those exes with the NT changes and see if it's functional.

dostarr

• View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: 2018-04-21 02:16:17 »
That would actually be a really cool solution!  Would that solution of 'merging' (please excuse my ignorance) the MO+NT executables affect already applied sources?  Or only future sources applied?  If its only future sources then please don't worry about it and I can use that chocobo editor thing.  Although, I would end up having to edit it quite frequently.  hmmm.. perhaps I should just play through again, its not as if I don't enjoy it :P

Thank you for taking all the time to respond to everyone's concerns and going the extra mile.  It really speaks volumes to your character, and thank you for this wonderful mod.  :D
« Last Edit: 2018-04-21 02:18:27 by dostarr »

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: 2018-04-21 10:36:04 »
@Chronoseth
-) It's a one-time item you can get from Aps via Morph so I felt that it would be OK. One of the planned fixes is to make the boss Morphs better/consistent again.

-) The Vector nodes spawn I assumed was due to people killing the boss before it could reach the criteria needed (2 attack cycles) but maybe it's an actual AI problem. I'll have a look at it properly, it's been mentioned quite a few times now.

-) The thing with the Limits is I wanted a (loose) theme for the damage-dealing ones (Clouds was defence-reduction, Yuffies was speed reduction, etc).

- I don't mind getting a strong item from Aps, but Dragon Scales in particular instagib or gut most the other bosses in Midgar. Actually using it feels like cheating, especially since Aps is one of the easier bosses to morph. It particularly cheapens Arrange Thousand Gunner.

- Just now I let Vector run through its script six times, bringing it to low HP halfway through, and it never spawned the nodes. Vector Storm, Lasers, Bacteriophage, Nucleic Laser, Transducer, repeat.

- After playing with them more, it's mostly just Braver and Climhazzard that seem off to me. Other limits with similar effects tend to have some other trick to them, but Braver and Climhazzard remain practically clones of eachother. Still better than the original game, though; I really like the limit changes as a whole.

There's some more stuff I've noticed in another playthrough. I ended up starting over because of how over-leveled I got.
  • Each of Shake's images can be targeted and attacked individually. A patient player can morph each one for several copies of Sprint Shoes. The battle only ends when ShakeA is defeated.
  • Chekhov's opening move doesn't have an apparent effect, unless it's Slow and I just didn't notice.
  • Chekhov can't break out of confusion because they're immune to physicals. Inflicting it is an auto-win.
  • Doorbulls lack a berserk command, just saying their MP is depleted and doing nothing.
  • MP Plus can be sold for 560000 gil, completely destroying the game's economy.
  • Cait Sith is conspicuously absent from the group talk scene after Aeris gets skewered. Unless he's hiding somewhere.
  • Aeris' Flower Girl rank-up claims to increase Luck, but it increases Spirit instead.
  • Reno's opening move in the Gelnika Turks fight is weird. Maybe it's supposed to be a fakeout, but Resist stops Death Sentence from actually doing anything.
  • Sculptures in the North Crater counter physicals with Barrier-All and magic with MBarrier-All. This results in them countering Barrier with MBarrier when in a group together.
  • MP Turbo's Magic penalty means it's not actually beneficial unless the character already has exceptional Magic.
  • Summons seem weak, but I haven't quite figured out why. It's like they don't ignore defense anymore, but I haven't been able to confirm that.
I also noticed something weird with Gorkii's name, but I think that one is intentional. :P

More opinions:
  • Does every Unknown in the Sunken Gelnika need to counter limit breaks with an eject or similar? Just walking through the area is tedious because they're so dangerous, and there's little reward for actually fighting the things.
  • I think a strength/magic penalty would fit better for Elemental (and maybe Added Effect) than a defense penalty. As is I'm having difficulty justifying its use.
  • I'm having a bit of trouble finding a role for Tifa. The Powersoul and Master Fist are busted, obviously, but that seems to be just about all she offers. Her magic isn't high enough for a proper support role, she pretty much requires a tank to stay alive, and her strength is outmatched by the innate abilities of Cloud and Barret. She's fast, but Yuffie is faster and can sit in the back row.
  • Are the normal attacks from 8-Eyes supposed to deal 50% of a character's max HP as damage? It feels unfair, and it's only the start of their nonsense. If it deals elemental damage I haven't figured out the element yet.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6810 on: 2018-04-21 14:05:17 »

Ravael

• View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: 2018-04-21 18:52:21 »
Hi Sega. I'm new here, thanks for the great mod.

Just a couple things to note:

Until recently I've been running the Sept. 12th 2017 build. I had a similar bug to what someone mentioned earlier, which is that beating the Dark Cave sidequest boss never gave me the mystile, and I was immediately booted out of the cave after the fight (I don't know if that's normal).  The Highwind guy allowed me to fight the boss again, but I was never able to get the mystile out of it.

I just installed the March 10th build hoping that it would fix my problem, but now the Highwind guy only mentions the Aeris dead/alive check and nothing else.

Additionally, I'm looking for the "Magitek Ashes" item, but after clearing 100% of the game I haven't been able to find that anywhere. Is that associated with the end of the Dark Cave that I was not able to access?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: 2018-04-21 22:39:38 »
Hi Sega. I'm new here, thanks for the great mod.

Just a couple things to note:

Until recently I've been running the Sept. 12th 2017 build. I had a similar bug to what someone mentioned earlier, which is that beating the Dark Cave sidequest boss never gave me the mystile, and I was immediately booted out of the cave after the fight (I don't know if that's normal).  The Highwind guy allowed me to fight the boss again, but I was never able to get the mystile out of it.

I just installed the March 10th build hoping that it would fix my problem, but now the Highwind guy only mentions the Aeris dead/alive check and nothing else.

Additionally, I'm looking for the "Magitek Ashes" item, but after clearing 100% of the game I haven't been able to find that anywhere. Is that associated with the end of the Dark Cave that I was not able to access?

The problem was that the fight ended without a results screen, so I shifted the Mystile to the field script. You could try using the black chocobo save editor tool to add one, it should be OK with NT save files so long as you don't tinker with anything else like character EXP (and remember to make a backup of your save folder in case the launcher acts up and deletes them).

The ashes item may not be available anymore. I think it used to be dropped by the old KOTR cave boss.

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: 2018-04-23 04:29:07 »
Even more weird stuff, though I think some if it has been mentioned before:
  • Party members can cast Pearl as frogs. I assume this is because it uses the ID originally meant for Toad.
  • Stardust Ray deals very little damage, even on a magic-focused Red XIII. It doesn't even keep up with Blood Fang.
  • In Midgar during Disc 2/3, Aeris seems to have disappeared from the church and Cait Sith doesn't have any dialogue in the bar in Wall Market.
  • Cait Sith's Battle Trumpet has 0 growth. It's ostensibly a triple-growth weapon.
  • Cid's Hyper Jump doesn't use the right animation; for some reason he does his spellcasting animation (like Dragon) instead of jumping and the effects are centred on him. It can still crash the game.
  • Malboros don't have their drop/steal/morph set up the way the rest of the North Crater enemies do. They drop Sniper CR, morph into Outsider, and M_Tentacles are stolen from them.
  • Rude can cast Turk Cure on the player party if he's confused. I'm not even sure how I managed that, honestly. It only happened once, during the fight during the Midgar raid.
  • After defeating the Nycaloptian Dragon (is that still its name? The dragon in Cid's limit quest), random encounters play the Weapon Raid theme until you leave the area.
  • The Mimic looks like Ifalna at first, then suddenly looks like Aeris when you get close.
  • The first hit of Planet Destructor removes barriers, but the visual effects of MBarrier aren't removed until the attack completes.
  • The last word in Yuffie's dialogue after defeating the mimic gets split across two lines.
  • Trying to reenter the area the Mimic was in led to Cid getting stuck.
  • Gun in the Junon League is hidden behind the railing because of the camera angle and uses Tseng's defeat line.
Dark Cave stuff:
Spoiler: show
  • Various area transitions throughout the quest reset the background music.
  • It seems starting the quest with Tifa or Cid as party leader results in them being locked in the PHS.
  • After talking to the guy that disappears at the beginning, trying to backtrack triggers the scene with him again.
  • In the reactor, there's a 0:00 timer in the corner. I get the impression that's not supposed to appear until the "bomb" is set.
  • On touching the save point in the reactor, a large blank dialogue box appeared behind the timer.
  • During the Amalgam battle, Red XIII and Vincent are facing the wrong way.
  • Spectral Hojo is really weak. It only managed to use Goner before Cloud and Red XIII tore it to shreds.
  • Mirage's attack which causes Petrify and Resist also inflicts what looks like Slow-Numb on top.
  • After completing the quest, the Key to Sector 5 was missing from my inventory. I was able to get it back at Bone Village, though.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-23 05:16:18 by Chronoseth »

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: 2018-04-25 01:08:44 »
Yet more bugs and general weirdness, still from an Arrange run. This is probably the last of it for a while, though.

• Most important first: the Pinnacle Sephiroth fight didn't work for me. I was never given a chance to make the second party, so it wound up empty, crashing the game when swapping parties. I managed to work around it with Ochu, though that led to the fight being a bit buggy.
  • Cid's Second Wind will show its activation message after every action while he's defending, even after his HP/MP has been refilled. This continues until he takes another action, and will reoccur if he defends again.
  • Princess Guard targets the enemy party by default.
  • During Barret's limit quest, Scorp's AP Rifle is ridiculously strong compared to the rest of its attacks. It currently ignores defense and row, hitting for 4000 through barrier and very often critting for 8000.
  • The weaponsmith still asks for a "Red Crystal" to craft Limited Moon.
  • The Centclip has its vanilla attack of 58.
  • Vincent getting manipulated by Lucrecia while in Death Gigas results in very long "animations". I imagine the same happens with his other limit forms.
  • Omega Weapon's Terra Break did a lot less damage than I expected. A party of Cloud, Cid, and Vincent survives easily with no special preparation. Ultima, meanwhile, wipes out the party except for Cloud.
  • Added Effect=Barrier includes Shield in its effects.
  • Ultimate End still shows either nothing or a jumbled mess as its name when cast.
  • Carmine Weapon uses some ability after its eyes are destroyed, which looks like Search Scope. Its name doesn't stay on screen long enough for me to read it, and it has no apparent effect.
  • In Kalm on disc 3, Elmyra is stuck on the thing in the middle of the town.
  • The battle message at the start of the Chokhmabo battle calls it "Yahcobo". I think the latter is its old name.
  • The Kalm Traveler rewards you with Long Range for one of the items you give him, then defeating the master materia gives you another one.

Edit: I should probably mention that I've been playing with the IRO, dunno if that matters.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-27 07:35:42 by Chronoseth »

mitchla

• View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: 2018-04-25 20:01:37 »
I seem to be stuck on the Shinra building lift boss, the one with the robots. The animation for the glass shattering and the bosses coming down plays, but then the ATB gets stuck in wait mode. I can't progress it seems

EDIT: Nevermind I forgot I was running Ochu to speed up the battles, turning that off let me progress.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-25 20:03:23 by mitchla »

neodiahs

• View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: 2018-04-29 09:19:35 »
steam user here.
Whenever i run down the slope to begin the Northern Crater dungeon with Cid as the party leader, upon screen transition it teleports me back to the chocobo pen inside the highwind.

Also, i was running an older build  (1.4) and used the Leviathan scales to enter the burning caves in wutai for its loot. i then updated the game when i found said update (1.5 so i could do the limit quests ect) and i cannot seem to trigger whatever is supposed to happen within the caves.

aside from that the only major issues ive come across is occasional game lock ups where an enemy or character would go to use an ability and the battle would just stop in its tracks and nothing would do any actions (two i recall were the sandworms in coral prison desert and once when i tried to use Vincents Hellmasker limit)
« Last Edit: 2018-04-29 09:37:08 by neodiahs »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: 2018-04-30 12:12:27 »
steam user here.
Whenever i run down the slope to begin the Northern Crater dungeon with Cid as the party leader, upon screen transition it teleports me back to the chocobo pen inside the highwind.

Also, i was running an older build  (1.4) and used the Leviathan scales to enter the burning caves in wutai for its loot. i then updated the game when i found said update (1.5 so i could do the limit quests ect) and i cannot seem to trigger whatever is supposed to happen within the caves.

aside from that the only major issues ive come across is occasional game lock ups where an enemy or character would go to use an ability and the battle would just stop in its tracks and nothing would do any actions (two i recall were the sandworms in coral prison desert and once when i tried to use Vincents Hellmasker limit)

The cid thing sounds like a logic flaw of some kind, maybe to get around some problem or other. I'll make a note to check that out.

The Da Chao fire cave event triggers when the 2nd chest is opened (or it may have been when the last set of fire is cleared out) so updating to the new version after clearing out the fire/chests will probably have ticked the activation variables, rendering it unavailable. If you missed the battle, then you could try downgrading to 1.4 again and checking out the shrine in Godo's House, the fight used to be found there instead.

Sandworms should be behaving themselves in the 1.5 version, as for Hellmasker I don't know, maybe the Frog status from his Nightmare attack if you're using 60fps mod or similar; seems that status breaks it.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: 2018-04-30 19:41:04 »
Nevermind

I got it working now

i still used to installing this mod on the data folder in the past
« Last Edit: 2018-04-30 20:36:01 by Zara9 »

neodiahs

• View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: 2018-05-01 00:03:03 »
The cid thing sounds like a logic flaw of some kind, maybe to get around some problem or other. I'll make a note to check that out.

The Da Chao fire cave event triggers when the 2nd chest is opened (or it may have been when the last set of fire is cleared out) so updating to the new version after clearing out the fire/chests will probably have ticked the activation variables, rendering it unavailable. If you missed the battle, then you could try downgrading to 1.4 again and checking out the shrine in Godo's House, the fight used to be found there instead.

Sandworms should be behaving themselves in the 1.5 version, as for Hellmasker I don't know, maybe the Frog status from his Nightmare attack if you're using 60fps mod or similar; seems that status breaks it.

As far as cid and the final dungeon goes i noticed that he doesnt attempt to jump down the first few steps (like cloud does) so maybe it involves cid's jumping animation.

the hellmasker glitch happened when i used the limit. Vincent just stayed vincent and didnt even transform causing the game to halt. i was on 1.4 then i think though so it may not happen in 1.5.

Either way thanks for the awesome mod! gonna replay it again with a different team comp

zbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: 2018-05-02 13:33:04 »
started playing new threat, haven't even made it to the second reactor and still so many new things in the game I'm amazed lol. I just got to the part where you jump the train, and walked all the way back to the end where you fight the shinra, cause It was always my childhood tradition to go train there for hours on end and get jacked up for the beginning of the game. To my surprise there's even new content added here! a few battles in and they bring out an attack chocobo!, and it was a damn hard fight, almost lost, and got a chocobraclet for it, which gives massive luck and dexterity boost. little un expected things like this completely re vitalize the whole game, now I can walk around exploring every crevice, not knowing what I might find. thank you for making this

zbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: 2018-05-04 03:10:55 »
does anyone know the answer: does morph work on bosses that don't actually morph at the end because they don't die or whatever i.e rufus, turks, cause i noticed sometimes if i morph those bosses there is an extra item at the end, was wondering if they still give you morph items.

Mr.Dynamite

• View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: 2018-05-04 04:41:47 »
Howdy. First off, love the mod. Makes the game feel so much more natural and makes characters more useful, instead of the three you just stuck with. Noticed a typo in Sector 5 before going to Aeris' house for the first time, when going to the the 'man in the pipe', Aeris pops out and says "He am sick" or something along those lines. Not really a huge deal but it does look funny. Other than that it's perfect, haven't had a single crash in my 50 hour save, just about to fight Hojo during the raid.

On a side note, when you check your accrued SP, there's a character labeled as ????. Is there a secret character somewhere or is it there to mess with people, just curious as it's been bugging me for a bit

Kamiden

• View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: 2018-05-04 10:27:45 »
Secret Spoiler?
So uh.... after playing the melody at shinra mansion, what is released? And what is "ma"? I'm so confused.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: 2018-05-05 11:20:33 »
@Sega Chief
Ah yes, I was referring to the issue with X-Cut. I just don't know if the problem is that move for sure since I haven't encountered the issue again.

Also, the Aps Dragon Scale feels great. It reminds me strongly of FF5 where you can break elemental rods to nuke any early game boss. Good times.

@zbrown
Rufus and the Turks do not morph into anything. Same goes for Palmer and Hojo. You can try it on pretty much every other boss outside of endgame bosses.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-05 11:25:04 by Bowser9 »