Author Topic: FF7 - Change controller options with 7th Heaven?  (Read 21433 times)

GeorgeMcGruffins

• View Profile
FF7 - Change controller options with 7th Heaven?
« on: 2015-09-11 20:39:49 »
- Got it fixed, not sure what I was doing tbh. Had forgot about the in-game config.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-14 16:29:49 by GeorgeMcGruffins »

Jahiliyyah

• View Profile
Re: FF7 - Change controller options with 7th Heaven?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-09-12 01:02:43 »
I'm curious how you got it to recognize the controller. Standard is to use drivers to make the pc believe you're using a 360 controller which allows regular gamepad recognition. Just swap them in the button layout.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-09-12 13:26:18 »
I'd like to use a Playstation controller to play FF7, but when I launch the game using 7th Heaven, there's no way to customize the buttons - I ALWAYS play the game with X and O reversed, I hate X being cancel and O being select.

I've tried JoyToKey and Xpadder, and I just end up with O being cancel and enter. My mapping within the programs is correct, so it must be related to 7th Heaven?

Any help would be appreciated.

Open the menu in game and change the buttons in the controller menu.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2015-09-12 14:33:05 »
I don't have console controllers to know what's going on for sure, but PC controllers tend to work a lot better at this. I have an old Logitech Gamepad and its plug and play, but like Kaldarasha said, I still have to start a New Game and go into the Menu -> Config screen to change my control scheme to what I prefer. If the game doesn't recognize console controllers at all (I'd understand since we're talking about a 1998 game working with much newer console controllers), then using programs like JoyToKey and Xpadder to map them to your keyboard should be the next step. You still need to go to Menu -> Config after starting a New Game and adjust it to your liking.

There are mods to change the controller icons ingame that match the Playstation and Xbox buttons, so it's being done already by others. Use the search tool and look around for your answers.