Author Topic: Mod downloads stuck on 'Calculating'  (Read 7338 times)

Setheus

• View Profile
Mod downloads stuck on 'Calculating'
« on: 2016-03-17 05:28:04 »
Hello all :D

I wasn't quite sure where to put this topic but this seems a good place to at least ask my question.

I modded final fantasy in the past before and I loved the enitre experience. Now I downloaded the steam version, installed it, and followed the instructions on how to get 7th heaven to work, which I actually managed to do (YAY, pretty surprised  :P). The only problem is, though, that when I start downloading the mods, the downloader just says 'calculating' for hours on end, without anything remotely coming close to actually downloading the mods. Even though I already read somewhere on this forum that it (probably) is due to the band width of Google Drive, I still wanted to verify with you guys whether its probably just that and that I should be patient  ;D or that maybe something else is going on.

Thanks in advance!

Setheus

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Mod downloads stuck on 'Calculating'
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-17 05:36:35 »
Did you right-click and choose Cancel in the Download window? That will actually reset and calculate the download again.

Setheus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-17 05:45:13 »
Heya,

Jup I tried that a couple of times, and two things happen:

1: All the mods that are in the downloader start moving inside the window, almost like they're on a loop.

2: &th heaven error screen on the right side of the window fills up endlessly with an error message about the download I just cancelled '404 not found'

I just don't know what to do atm lol

Is there a way to manually instal the mods by downloading them somewhere else?
« Last Edit: 2016-03-17 06:06:56 by Setheus »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-19 01:07:30 »
At this time, there are no downloads outside of 7H. I may try to setup a section on Nexus mods, but don't hold your breath on that.

mtschn2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-09-18 14:09:31 »
Not sure if I should make a new post or revive this zombie, but I'm having the exact same issue.  Any mods I attempt to download are stuck "calculating" and when i cancel them, they aren't removed from the download queue and I get a never ending series of 404 errors.  Is there any solution for this or am I just SOL?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-09-19 09:13:34 »
Go to the FAQ post and see how to deal with crash errors when opening 7H. When you get it going again, try downloading one at a time.

mtschn2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-09-20 22:25:38 »
Looks like that worked.  Thanks!  :-D

Blugrass

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-10-20 02:03:44 »
Currently dealing with the same problem, calculating.. dont know what to do

goodusername

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2018-09-02 01:56:17 »
I am actually having this same issue :( when trying to download media-movies after a while it goes to calculating i can do the cancel but then the download just restarts and gets hung up at the same place. usually i see there was a exception message in 7th heaven.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-09-02 09:59:07 »
Try going to the [gamepath]\mods\7th Heaven folder and deleting the temporary file for it. Then open 7H and try downloading it again.

stoutyeoman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2018-10-10 00:27:37 »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I figure it's better to have one thread on this topic instead of multiple.

I'm having the exact same issue - my downloads get stuck on "calculating" and never complete.

I deleted all the temporary files and also deleted all the files under the roaming profile, but the issue persists.

When I cancel a download, I get an infinite number of "Error Downloading (mod) The remote server returned an error: (404) not found.

Screen cap:

https://imgur.com/a/Jv5QiT3

Mumbles

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2019-03-24 15:34:37 »
If anyone else thinks they may have this issue and has never used this, try looking for an updated version of the same mod further down the list.  Maybe it's just me, but I thought I was having a problem with nothing downloading, and it turned out the newer versions downloaded just fine.