Author Topic: Kaldarasha's Cloud Arms  (Read 6687 times)

Alferdos

• View Profile
Kaldarasha's Cloud Arms
« on: 2017-10-09 05:21:35 »
Hello I'm new at using 7th Heaven and I love it! Used the previous Bootleg a lot as well.

I have been having fun with the mods, and particularly Kaldarasha's cloud is my favorite for field models.

My problem is that I've noticed that in Equaliza's tutorial video and some picstures I fund here in the forums, cloud's arms are closer to his body, but in my game his arms are separated from his body. I'm wondering if there is a way to change that.

Oh and also, how can I add more mods like the advent children mod found on YouTube?

Thank you!

Update:
I have been testing, and I noticed that if I use the mod "Miscellaneous-Dynamic cloud weapons" and the "Animations" mod I get a badass cloud with arms close to his body plus has animations (so cool!), but if I activate the mods "Field models-Main characters" and/or "Field Models-Non-player characters" cloud goes back to the fixed T position. I happen's even if I select cloud on no change on the field model mod, Load order doesn't seem to help as both dynamic weapons and animations are in the top load order. It's like if the "Field" mods overwrite the animations.

« Last Edit: 2017-10-09 14:38:14 by Alferdos »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Kaldarasha's Cloud Arms
« Reply #1 on: 2017-10-11 00:13:48 »
You can add anything you want on your own time, but mods dealing with AC tend to be ripped from other games and infringe upon copyright. We never distribute copyright material here.

Noted about the arms issue. Little things like that I often don't recognize in testing, so it's good to finally see someone make a noteworthy effort to help us fix things. So much better than the "Cloud's arms don't work. Any fix? Thank you in advance." that is quite often the norm for reports  :P

Alferdos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-10-11 02:52:31 »
Oh I see in that case I'll just stay away from AC. Regarding more mods, I honestly don't really know how to add (or even find) more mods hehe, but I googled a bit and apparently by overwriting files. I would rather add more mods to 7TH but I have no idea how and I don't recognize the IRO files.

Talking about files, in further testing I discovered that in the "Field Models -Main Characters" mod, selecting the Kaldarasha's model for VINCENT is somehow blocking cloud's animations, so I selected a different one for now. And in the "Field Models -Non-Player Characters" mod, selecting Kaldarasha's models for BASE and WEDGE also block Cloud's animations, all other Kaldarasha's models in both mods worked perfectly. I tried to open the IRO files to see if they had any Cloud edits but never figured out how lol.

I'm so glad that I get to help to fix things and improve this fabulous FF7 modding community. I'm enjoying FF7 even more than the first time I played it!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-10-12 12:24:53 »
Perfect. Now I have something to start with. I'll do my best to look at it this weekend. Please wait :)

Alferdos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-10-18 04:46:56 »
Thank you!.

I just noticed a problem with Kaldarasha's Tifa from the "Field-models Non-Player Characters". The model itself looks weird on the waist and arms.

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-03-08 18:04:51 »
has anyone found a solution for the animations not working mentioned in this post? :BUMP:

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-03-09 16:05:54 »
anybody?

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-03-09 20:21:58 »
Tried to fix this myself, but the  iro unpacker hangs on extracting the Field models - Main Characters iro at ACHF10.TEX in Red XIII - WolfMan - Red Werewolf + Harder Items 30%\char\ every time I try to extract it and fix the problem. It is a simple problem to fix if you can unpack the IRO. May try deleting and redownloading it to see if that helps with unpacking it.

EDIT: A quick google search says this has been a problem in 7th heaven since at least 2006 and is a real show stopper when it comes to editing mods myself.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-09 20:31:52 by paladin181 »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-03-09 20:35:32 »
Downloading the latest ChaOS version from Nexus is probably your best bet. Since Kal maintains the updates there better.

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2019-03-09 21:20:14 »
already tried that. while using chaos does seem to render animations working. toggling the option to remove sword from clouds back does nothing. i mean, im mincing hairs here but i'm a no-sword-on-the-back play thru kinda guy at the moment. reached out to kalderasha about this but still no word back.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2019-03-09 22:32:47 »
Tried to fix this myself, but the  iro unpacker hangs on extracting the Field models - Main Characters iro at ACHF10.TEX in Red XIII - WolfMan - Red Werewolf + Harder Items 30%\char\ every time I try to extract it and fix the problem. It is a simple problem to fix if you can unpack the IRO. May try deleting and redownloading it to see if that helps with unpacking it.

EDIT: A quick google search says this has been a problem in 7th heaven since at least 2006 and is a real show stopper when it comes to editing mods myself.

Huh? 7H wasn't around in 2006 lol

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2019-03-10 01:15:09 »
meant 2016. Typo... :P

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2019-03-10 04:05:40 »

EQ2Alyza i sent you a private msg about the arms issue did you get it?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2019-03-10 11:13:34 »
Yep, I got it :) Have a ton of mods to update, CHaOS 1.7x included, which I think should resolve the issue. It's probably not the mod's fault (Kaldarasha makes quality stuff), but rather the way I pieced it all together for the catalog .iro. I don't usually just download the mod from the OP and add it into the catalog as-is.