Author Topic: Final Fantasy IX: The Zodiac Addition  (Read 1082 times)

Incinerator

• Fast newbie
  • "I'm a woman, but I fight like a man!" - Freya R.
    • View Profile
    • FF9:FF:EMR:TZA
Final Fantasy IX: The Zodiac Addition
« on: 2018-02-21 08:57:25 »
Download

Preview Video

New Game+ Preview

*Notice:
If you prefer to stay traditional basic FF9, this may not be a suitable choice. There are many changes in this mod.

Can get more than 1 chocograph per Hot & Cold game.

Beatrix:
To recruit Beatrix, go to Alexandria Castle during the Hilda Garde 3 events on Disc 3. Her extra scenes are only available if this is done during Disc 3.

HD Backgrounds:
Compatible and needed. See the readme.

Original saves (from vanilla game or any other mod) may work, but glitches and does cause some bugs if used.

Gil:
To earn Gil, you must sell loot dropped by foes. Loot comes in 3 different types:
Barding, Stones, Motes.
Foes do not drop Gil at all, with the exception of a view.

Theater Stage Battle:
The corresponding PS keystrokes follow greatly the original PSX control scheme: (Set in Settings Menu)
X: Confirm
△: Menu
☐: Cards/Moogle
O: Cancel

Synopsis:
Necron's resurrection & vengeance to finish out what the previous embodiment was sent out to do. It's linked with events of FFIV: The After Years; Necron's recreation of the Mysterious Girl & the Maenads to obliterate the 'prime target'; (Protagonist: Derrick) who happens to have taken on the art of summoning and for that very reason, Necron wants him annihilated. The mod features Rydia from FFIV due to this plot twist; to warn and fight along with the innocent victims that were sent to land of Gaia during the era of Final Fantasy IX's time period, by Necron, through the Interdimensional elevator~transportation of the Maenads. The Maenads used a shard, activating such elevator to come to our reality. Once they found their 'prime target', they initiated their program and used the shard to take them back through the Interdimensional elevator. Through the process; these victims were sent here to relive, feeble and forget who they are and eventually evolve into the original souls that they now abstract.
The Summon Program; which is used to give the Maenads summoning powers, control Eidolons and Espers and grow their strength, the world of Gaia is now cloaked with augmented monsters; aimed to take the victims out, ordered by Necron.
Extra scenes include: "The 2000 spirits of Gaia" where the previous souls of Gaia (Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Dagger, Freya, Quina, Eiko and Amarant) speak to the victims to warn them of the dangers they face and have yet to see; also pointing how the monsters of the mist were never this violent while they were still alive. The "2000 spirits of Gaia" are the only ones who can give you access to the secret shop only after certain conditions are met.
'2000' refers to the original release date of Final Fantasy IX.
Most of the original texts from FF9 are kept due to the process of evolving. As you draw closer towards the end, they begin to slightly realize what's going on.
The only person who seems to not be affected by all of this is Beatrix & the Tantalus troupe. They see different characters, but they still view them as Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Dagger, etc.
Beatrix is the only one who actually realizes at some point that who she sees as Steiner now isn't the Steiner she used to know; and later sees that with the rest of the party, including Dagger.

---------------Change Log - 4/21/2018---------------
>Must download this update/replace all files as usual. File: p0data61.bin before this Change Log date is old and corrupted.
>Fixed a few BGMs in battles with error loops, and dead silence.
>Fixed spell status effect.
>Fixed numerous bugs including Vivi using Cure/Life outside of battle.
>Fixed numerous texts, invalid from the previous version.
>Better arranged higher equipment; no longer sold earlier nor obtained easier.
>More remastered FFIX Soundtracks.
>Found 'Ambush Attack' remastered and it sounds flawless.
>Custom font; must install the font included in the archive to prevent bugs/glitches. (Process explained further in the readme).
>UI Size
>Extra Story
>Extra New Game conditions have been added.
To unlock New Game+, select "Continue" from the title screen after fulfilling these conditions. *See Preview Video
*Must complete one extra scene during Disc 4 to unlock it.
>Added two alternative endings. One unlocked in the main game (conditions not met), and one unlocked in New Game+ (conditions met).
>Only audio bugs found~all fixed.
>Last change log expected: Models imported.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Tirlititi for his program: Hades Workshop.

---------------New Game+ Synopsis---------------
Setting the focus on protagonist: Derrick. As the original story line being, part love story, this takes away from that and focuses more on the independence of the protagonist: Derrick. This explains the lack of sympathy Derrick has for either men during Pandemonium of Disc 3; stating: “This isn’t a love story” and tries to stay clear of any personal love interests while dealing with such a dire matter.
The reason for the appearance of Johnny instead Zach; to present the backstory of protagonist Derrick, in an, abstract sort of way. As with these two characters, while they have some differences in personality, they have but one thing in common: they both very attractive looking men to the protagonist. Yet the difference, does the protagonist denies one who was egocentric or one who was only after one thing in the end. Sort of torn between two men Derrick knows well of each, the thought of falling in love or giving oneself up to someone who’s mind is set more on the looks rather than personality runs through his mind constantly. Add this to the dire events going on within the world, the stress of believing he is the cause of all that’s happened, it’s without a doubt his depression state went further than Princess Garnet ever went through.

Eiko: “...I think she lost her voice...”

Deniece: “...I think he tried to kill himself...”

But then again...
It is nothing but a dream, right?

It’s true, the initial denial Derrick has towards Johnny is inevitable, explaining the repeated attempts to nearly act in a way Zach does, even as far as using the slanderous word without a care. (Disc 1 ~ Meeting Freya) In reality, Johnny knows Freya, yet Freya doesn’t know Johnny as much they way he presents himself to her.
He could be on Freya’s ‘warning radar’.
Not that it usually appears this apparent in the debut. Being unaware of who they are already, there’s no doubt Freya would let Johnny slide, passing off as “Zach” to wrongly try and conjure Derrick’s memory into believing he is Zach.
------------------------------------------------
"New Game+" is accessed after completing the mod, returning to the title screen and selecting "Continue". You may control as Queen Garnet at the start before the scene changes; if certain conditions in the first play through were met.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-21 09:01:58 by Incinerator »

Tsunamix

• Freak
  • Check out my work - https://goo.gl/m4NFlm
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Re: Final Fantasy IX - [The Zodiac Addition]
« Reply #1 on: 2018-02-21 10:33:48 »
I'm confused by this preview button, i dont see any videos about the mod? Is it a mistake or am i overlooking something?

Tirlititi

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-02-21 10:56:32 »
"The Zodiac Addition" seems to be a continuation (or prequel) of "Evil Mist Rebirth" that is another mod of the same author.
Unless I'm mistaken, the videos about "Evil Mist Rebirth" give you a fine glimpse of what to expect from "The Zodiac Addition".

Tsunamix

• Freak
  • Check out my work - https://goo.gl/m4NFlm
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #3 on: 2018-02-21 13:03:46 »
The only videos i can find on this YouTube is music.

Tirlititi

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-02-21 13:38:24 »
Ah yes indeed.... I'm sure he posted other videos, showing gameplay, in the past. But they don't seem here anymore (maybe he removed them or made them private... he tends to do that a lot). Nevermind, sorry.

Incinerator

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-02-22 00:55:16 »
"The Zodiac Addition" seems to be a continuation (or prequel) of "Evil Mist Rebirth" that is another mod of the same author.
Unless I'm mistaken, the videos about "Evil Mist Rebirth" give you a fine glimpse of what to expect from "The Zodiac Addition".

No, the mod has no relation to my game Facing Fate: Evil Mist Rebirth, other than the debut appearance of some of the main characters from my game.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-15 10:41:49 by Incinerator »

Incinerator

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-02-23 03:34:06 »
Preview button updated.

GUI fix - original FF9 PSX did not have 'dividers' in the Menu windows between each subsequent item; now UI closely matches this.
Normal UI - Redone
Classic - Original PC.
BGM [Hz] fixed - odd pitching in Qu's Marsh, Mount Gulug & Extraction Circle.
Final beta test; all errors thoroughly fixed.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-15 10:42:12 by Incinerator »

Tedrainbow

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2018-02-24 18:27:40 »
Hello, this mod seems good but I can not test it.
Because I have this image that remains displayed in the game and its progress to nothing ..

What are the good steps to install the mod to make it work well?
Thanx you..

Incinerator

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2018-02-24 19:41:11 »
It's actually quite easy to install; extract the archive and replace the files needed.
Need more info about your error:

1. For this screen freeze; are running 32bit or 64bit OS? (I'm not sure if there's a compatibility problem with 32bit) but the mod was complied under 64bit.
If you've used the tool Memoria by Albeoris in anyway; you'll need to revert back to the vanilla version prior to using the mod. (The two are incompatible).

2. Do you have HD backgrounds by Fraggoso downloaded and ready? You only need the p0data11-19.bin files for the field backgrounds.

The mod was complied with the latest steam update of FFIX; and only works only under the US language.

quick tip:
usually, if I get an unexpected screen freeze like this one (during betatesting); I'd check the integrity of the game files; and reinstall the mod as so.

Incinerator

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-03-07 01:52:47 »
Log:
managed to fix the battle swirl and black screen bug while still keeping the compatibility of HW intact as desired. Memoria not used; so no need to have that in place; along with some other engine fixes.
I update Preview button very later.

Battle Swirl

Incinerator

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2018-03-09 10:53:47 »
Log
« Last Edit: 2018-03-15 08:00:12 by Incinerator »

Incinerator

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IX: The Zodiac Addition
« Reply #11 on: 2018-04-08 11:55:44 »
---------------Change Log - 4/21/2018---------------
>Must download this update/replace all files as usual. File: p0data61.bin before this Change Log date is old and corrupted.
>Fixed a few BGMs in battles with error loops, and dead silence.
>Fixed spell status effect.
>Fixed numerous bugs including Vivi using Cure/Life outside of battle.
>Fixed numerous texts, invalid from the previous version.
>Better arranged higher equipment; no longer sold earlier nor obtained easier.
>More remastered FFIX Soundtracks.
>Found 'Ambush Attack' remastered and it sounds flawless.
>Custom font; must install the font included in the archive to prevent bugs/glitches. (Process explained further in the readme).
>UI Size
>Extra Story
>Extra New Game conditions have been added.
To unlock New Game+, select "Continue" from the title screen after fulfilling these conditions. *See Preview Video
*Must complete one extra scene during Disc 4 to unlock it.
>Added two alternative endings. One unlocked in the main game (conditions not met), and one unlocked in New Game+ (conditions met).
>Only audio bugs found~all fixed.
>Last change log expected: Models imported.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: 2018-04-21 09:02:09 by Incinerator »