Miscellaneous Forums > Gameplay

Modding for an undeserving community?

(1/3) > >>

Incinerator:
after the recent spur of mods lately i was thinking, then again, why do a ff9 remaster? does the modding community deserve it? I debate whether or not any hard work should be invested into it consider the recent behavior of the community. So now I ask do yourself believe the community really deserves a project of such hard work to given to them?
I and other members could spend a (already have) a good year+ working on this for the community for the love ff9, and no one would even give a two shits because of what reason? I'm involved with the project because of my hard work yet it gets overlooked because of whatever reason you have from my style? I'd like to hear this from the community before potentially wasting any time here proceeding. Because it is being worked on no doubt, and I'm putting a lot of time into it than have ever with any other project, all for free, i don't ask anything donations nothing in return, just kindness~all to go to waste. So I ask you all is the community's worthy of a grand project such as this?

Yagami Light:
Well if you mod solely based on expecting something in return, you're gonna be disappointed, I mod because its fun to make the changes you want, sharing it with the community so that others who like it will also see such benefits.

UpRisen:
I dont really look in the ff9 mod section often since im not a real big fan of the game, but i know qhimm in general doesnt have many negative people, I can count on 1 hand all the active users that I dont like. I make my mods for myself and not for others, I just also think that all mods should be shared among the community even if it isnt good or is pointless. But as long as you make something that makes YOU happy then it was worth the time regardless of how many people play it.

sl1982:
Oh wow. That is entirely the wrong attitude to have. I modded ff7 because i loved the game. Not because i wanted adoration heaped upon myself. Perhaps you should consider your own motives and decide wether or not it is worth it for you.

Tsuna:
If your going to complain about people and say they are undeserving of your hard work. We all mod because we enjoy it, it's not a job, you don't finish and expect to get paid. It's fun, a hobby, you do it for yourself.

Maybe try treating the people that do try to help you better.
I told you i would try and help you out by streaming your mod when i had time after i finished my own project which still hasn't happened yet. I tried to make you feel better about yourself and try to help you understand what everyone here is saying but you don't like to listen to reason.

Instead of calling me and pretty much everyone else here a lying flaker in the PM's.
Mod for yourself, not anyone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version