Author Topic: RIP Diablo  (Read 6448 times)

gaaasstly

• View Profile
RIP Diablo
« on: 2018-11-04 13:29:55 »

Bloopertrash

• View Profile
Re: RIP Diablo
« Reply #1 on: 2018-11-05 10:47:51 »
"Do yoU GuYs DoN't HaVe PhOnEs".

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-11-05 18:48:28 »
Diablo 3 was the mortal wound, and Diablo immortal was the death knell of the Franchise. Just look at the games media to see the level of shilling for chinese re-skins and micro-transactions to realize how bad the game industry has become. We will never return the 90s and early 2000's when the West and East were producing amazing games nearly every month. It's a trend with these types, a community builds something beautiful and the people who can't replicate it, who are jealous of its success or beauty come in and shit it up so that everything is equally horrible, and mediocre. They bring everything down to the lowest common denominator and then proclaim victory when they've burned everything down.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-11-05 23:39:02 »
I assume the reason they outsourced this game is because their own guys are working on Diablo 4 internally.

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-11-06 02:53:22 »
The intersection of art and capitalism.

gaaasstly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-11-07 13:24:52 »
I assume the reason they outsourced this game is because their own guys are working on Diablo 4 internally.

I doubt it.

A/B purchased King (Candy Crush) a while back and if you look at earnings for PC/Console each year compared to mobile, it's clear what direction the company is headed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVfw5O5c1g&t=2m9s

"Uhm... In terms of, uh, Blizzard's approach to mobile gaming: Many of us, over the last few years, have shifted from playing primarily desktop to playing many hours on mobile and we have many of our best developers now working on new mobile titles across all of our IP's. Some of them are, uh, are with external partners, like, uh, Diablo: Immortal, uh, many of them are being developed internally only, uh, and we'll have, uh, information to share on those in the future. I will say, also, that we have more products in development today, at Blizzard, than we've ever had in our history and our future is very bright."

They do go on to say for the "diehard PC fans," they have "multiple Diablo teams working on multiple, unannounced, Diablo projects" and they "haven't forgotten about [us];" however, even if they are working on Diablo 4, I have lost all faith in their ability to produce quality games after Diablo 3. Considering they thought headlining a mobile game to an audience of PC gamers was a good idea, without any other teaser or announcement, shows how out of touch they are.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-07 14:01:16 by gaaasstly »

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-11-09 11:40:25 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 12:17:33 by Cicciolo »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #7 on: 2018-11-09 13:10:29 »
I feel really sorry for all the journalists who are defending this game and call gamers "entitled brats". Idiots.
They are not wrong. Gamers can be the worst many do act like entitled kids.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2018-11-09 14:20:17 »
mobile games provide a surge of money for a company. They are generally short lived so you dont have to sink as much investment as a pc release. Its a fact that mobile games with micro transactions is more profit. I dont fault blizzard for this, and when i eventaully get a new phone I would try this game. The only thing they are did "wrong" was announce it in a setting where they had led the attendees and viewers to believe it was going to be a "real" diablo game. So yea the people defend Blizzard are techinically correct. Most of the hate is coming from childish pricks.... who might i just add... probably have purchased something from a MT store in a mobile game which lead to blizzard going in this direction.

All that being said I am sad to see that its not D4, or atleast not a diablo lore based game for PC or console.

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-11-09 15:24:25 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 12:18:00 by Cicciolo »

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2018-11-09 17:17:59 »
I mean, if you make an announcement to a room full of the PC Master Race and expect them to give you a standing ovation when you announce a mobile game, I'd take you out back and shoot you like Old Yeller.

PS:Because we already stopped caring about FF15 a couple of months after it came out, at least it's still getting some content, one last episode, standalone co-op and a FF14 crossover mission.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2018-11-09 23:55:28 »
Meh, editing out my rant.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-10 00:01:13 by olearyf2525 »

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2018-11-10 15:46:04 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 12:18:56 by Cicciolo »

jenniangl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2022-10-14 13:34:48 »
Diablo Immortal itself isn't the problem. The actual problem is how it was presented. Activision Blizzard unveiled this mobile game as the flagship of Blizzcon 2018. For those who don't know, Blizzard specializes in high-quality PC games like World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Destiny, Starcraft, and PC games. So having a mobile game as your flagship masterpiece at your major annual event is very tone-deaf. I only managed to finish the game the first time because I traded d2r war boots for the gore rider boots on a particular site and got the necessary skills to continue passing. It was impossible to play the game any other way.
« Last Edit: 2022-10-17 11:41:45 by jenniangl »