Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII (PC 1998) No Sound - Black Screen - Mods aren't being applied  (Read 1596 times)

shaum257

• View Profile
So I installed the 1998 version of Final Fantasy VII for PC and after that I patched the game with Game Converter. After that I mounted the FF7DISC1 iso and then also ran 7th Heaven Version 1.5.6.0. I copy pasted the Subscriptions text key in the Subscriptions box and and set everything correctly in the Aali Driver Settings by following the official 7th Heaven forum. I also set the paths correctly. Then I downloaded all the mods from the catalog and activated them by also setting them in the correct order. I'm also using the correct exe to launch the game. Also due to the 1809 windows update last year, you have to right click on the following exes and tick "Run in 640x480 screen resolution" in the compatibility section or else there will be an error when launching the game.
Now when I launch the game with the correct exe, I just get a black screen, so no developer screen such as Eidos. After few seconds the intro with the credits shows but without music. The input sounds do work though. I then hear the train while the screen being black and then a text box pops up and that's it. I went to the mods download directory and I see a bunch of Music folders and I manually copied the .ogg files to the vgmstream folder and when launching the game again I could hear the intro credits music, but after that no music anymore and still black screen. So I went back to the mods download directory and I could not find anywhere the videos. I downloaded from the catalog (Media-Movies). Therefore there are no movie files in the movies folder and the game is basically unplayable from here. Somehow the mods when activating them such as Media-Movies and Media-Music and Sound aren't being applied. From here I just don't know what else I should do to get this game working properly. I only see the iro files that I have downloaded from the catalog, but where are the video files? Also in General settings, where I've put music and direct in the Extra Folders text box, now there are several music and direct texts written. Here's my FF7_GC.log and hopefully someone can please help me cause I really want to play the game!!!

MY FF7_GC.log:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FF7 GameConverter, Version 7th Heaven
Creator: Kompass63
Editor: EQ2Alyza

Start running at    Date: 24-Feb-19    Time: 12:37:30.70
Active code page: 437
ActualPath C:\Users\Hiro\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000

You are running "Windows 10 Enterprise" on a 64 Bit Operating System (AMD64)

Real Management 32Bit WOW64

This patch is not yet applied.

old Release is installed in "d:\games\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII"

Installation path found at...

"d:\games\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII"

If an installation path IS found, press ENTER.

If an installation path IN NOT found, TYPE IT IN and press ENTER.

EXAMPLE: "C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII" (parenthesis included)

Patching...

Copying Registry Keys...
Removed CompatFlags from "ff7config.exe"

Setting GC Registry Keys...

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\GameConverterkeys

Setting language to en...

Detecting drive letter for FF7 Discs...

Drive letter for FF7DISC1 --- G:\

Original release detected...

A "movies" folder has been placed into the data folder of your game directory...
TYPE the path to this "movies" folder, then press ENTER.

EXAMPLE: "C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\data\movies" (parenthesis included)

Movies not found...

If custom Movies are located somewhere, change the "MoviePath" Registry Key entry at:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII

Movies path found at...

"D:\Games\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\"

Backing up files to be modified...

Backing up more files to be modified...

Copying English Files...

Copying 1.02 patch for ff7.exe...

Copying Aali's Custom Driver, version 0.8.1b...

Moving OGG music files...

Adding more Registry Keys...
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Graphics
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\MIDI
Adding Registry Keys to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Sound
Adding Registry Key to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FF7app.exe

Please check over the settings for FF7Config...

1) Sound tab should have a Sound device set. Do NOT leave it blank.
2) Perform the Sound and MIDI tests.
3) Graphics tab can be ignored.
4) Click OK when finished.

Inserting Multi.dll, Hext.dll, and Languagefile...

Patching FF7anyCDv2...

Install the Laptop Keyboard Patch?
(Choose YES if keyboard does NOT have a NUMPAD)
NO

Patching complete.

Check FF7_GC.log for details.

called with ""C:\Users\Hiro\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat""
Arguments: "C:\Users\Hiro\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat"

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:          x86
PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432:          AMD64
Actual Path:                     C:\Users\Hiro\AppData\Local\Temp\7ZipSfx.000
Product Name:                    Windows 10 Enterprise
Architecture:                    AMD64
Running in Modus                 32Bit WOW64
OS Bit Version                   64
Reg-Keyname Steam                HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 39140
Reg-Keyname Re-Release           HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{141B8BA9-BFFD-4635-AF64-078E31010EC3}_is1
Reg-Keyname 1                    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.
Reg-Keyname 2                    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FF7app.exe
Reg-Keyname 3                    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.
Steam Release is present:         
Steam Release Path:               
Re-Release is present:           
Re-Release Path:                 
Original Release is present:     Yes
Original Release Path:           d:\games\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
Destination Path:                d:\games\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
Source Path:                     d:\games\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
Videos Path:                     D:\Games\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies
Original Videos Path:            G:\FF7\Movies
Original Language                en
Converted Language               en
Original Drive Letter:           G:\
Converted Drive Letter:          G:\
and now clear up Variables...
Ending at           Date: 24-Feb-19    Time: 12:45:43.08