Author Topic: When will Jenova support psx???  (Read 9446 times)

Sqiaonce

When will Jenova support psx???
« on: 2003-02-20 22:54:29 »
I have been waiting for so long.
I can't find ff7 pc version now, and i only have pp7 ps version.

Thanks

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2003-02-20 22:59:29 »
I doubt that Jenova will ever be updated to support FF7 PSX.  Of course, you'll have to wait for Qhimm on official word on that.

Of course, you may be able to find another FF7 save editor that supports FF7 PSX.

[Edit] Come to think of it, I think I saw a utility over at Zophar's that can convert FF7 PC <-> FF7 PSX saves.  Forget what section it is in or anything, though.  You can try Google-ing for it.

Nori

• View Profile
When will Jenova support psx...
« Reply #2 on: 2003-02-21 02:01:03 »
Download this...
http://psxmemtool.ngemu.com/ (PSXMemTool.)
1. Back-up the saved-game(s)...
2. Convert FFVII PS saved-game(s) to PC format...
3. Edit with Jenova or FF7che (just for lv 255...)
4. Convert back to PS format (DexDrive or ePSXe...)

If you have questions ask: Lord Kain or Cyberman!

Sqiaonce

Re: When will Jenova support psx...
« Reply #3 on: 2003-02-21 18:22:43 »
Thanks

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2003-02-22 15:35:02 »
ã…Žã…Žã…Žã…Ž no problem =)

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2003-02-23 01:53:40 »
Actually it's UncleClive Kane has a bunch of handy setups though for games which are great though!

PSXmemtool should be having a few interesting developements in the next release. Currently FF7 game editing doesn't work, I cannot resolve the CRC check problem.  If I perform a check on the data without changing anything the value is correct however if I change something it complains the game is corrupted.  So I dunno :)

Cyb

Nori

• View Profile
!!??
« Reply #6 on: 2003-02-23 03:51:12 »
1.17b is 1029kb; runtime is 2mb (this is a lot...)
Anyplan for FF9???

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #7 on: 2003-02-23 12:42:52 »
Hey Cyb, is the FF7 PSX checksum different from the PC one? In all honest, I have to admit I haven't even tried opening PSX saves in Jenova, so I have no idea if it really works... ^_^

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2003-02-24 05:52:21 »
Quote from: Qhimm
Hey Cyb, is the FF7 PSX checksum different from the PC one? In all honest, I have to admit I haven't even tried opening PSX saves in Jenova, so I have no idea if it really works... ^_^

I believe the checksums are identical.. almost everything else seems to be save the save format header.  I use the same checksum calculation you had and gives the correct value.. The big difference seems to be determining over what the CRC is calculated.  I'm wondering if I'm doing it over the wrong section and I am by acident getting the same one from doing with the range I selected (yes confusing).  I could show you want I'm calculating it over and see if that jives with what you have.

Quote from: nayoung

1.17b is 1029kb; runtime is 2mb (this is a lot...)
Anyplan for FF9???

The executable will shrink some the Griever  Editor will be in and not statically linked. However the DLL editors size will be a might bit big at run time.   JPEG compression be darned. :)

Cyb

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2003-02-24 06:01:52 »
Quote from: nayoung
Anyplan for FF9???

As for FF9.. not at this time.. perhaps when I collect all my saves.
Right now Chrono Cross is ocupying my time.. it's actually quite fun to decipher how the put the data in.  It's progressing.. not as fast as I would like though. :)

Cyb

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2003-02-24 14:22:11 »
=3 Qhimm, anyplans to update Jenova??

Cyberman

• View Profile
Qhimm
« Reply #11 on: 2003-02-27 16:06:08 »
Qhimm:
I put what I am attempting to use for CRC generation and the mods to use the FF7 format in a PSX save state I needed to make as well as what I am doing the CRC calculation over into the TECH area so you can see what I am doing.  I suspect that I'm taking the CRC over the wrong data and I was just lucking out that it came out right without any changes.

nayoung:
FF9 will be a bit namely for the following reasons
[list=1]
  • I have to finish the 'internationalization' of the FF8 plugin (which includes the Japanese version), I need to send you a 'special' memcard for this though, have to work with Simon on that.  Namely it involves Renaming all the GF's (all 16 to 11 character names) and then getting screen shots of the names of them so I can work on the character maping. This likely will require 2 save states or more (sigh?).  Since I will know the encoding I made it will be easy to figure out what symbol goes to where, THEN comes the fun part.. identifying the symbols to match the unicode equivalent.
  • My FF7 plugin CRC generation doesn't work correctly, I'm sure it's something stupid but it still doesn't work.  Is there a Japanese FF7 save state editor with source code available?  It's not as important really I suppose.
  • Chrono Chross, has some clever and confusing save state design in it, and it's taking a bit of time breaking through it.  CRC generation though needs to be done before any real exploration of the data can be done.
  • [/list:o]
    FF9 is on the slate but it's on the back burner tell I get all these other projects finished.  It's easier to do these things once one gets the pattern recognition down better.

Cyb

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2003-03-04 22:14:42 »
Update fixed issues with Jenova and the CRC.
PSXmemtool MAY be coming out sometime soon, but I won't say when.  Jenova FF7 and Griever FF8 will be procurable seperately, they work with PSXmemtool still.  So if you want to edit PSX saves for FF7 or FF8 .. they will be available soon.

That's all!

Cyb

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: 2003-03-09 13:30:20 »
Well, if you have a Gameshark or are running the PSX Emulation Cheater in the case of ePSXe, you can always just use this code:

D01D496C 10F0
801D498A 1042

It's the FF7 checksum bypass. Basically, it it just ignores the Checksum result all together and loads the file anyways. ^_^;; This is also useful for people with old gamesharks (2.1 or 2.2) that the switches don't work on. <_<

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2003-03-11 19:25:46 »
The CRC issues with FF7 are fixed.. what would be cool is the CRC issues with Chrono Cross be resolved too.  Know of any Checksum bypass code for it? :)

Cyb