Author Topic: Random crashes at music transitions, known problem or is it just me?  (Read 2929 times)

Aali

• View Profile
So yeah, i created a very ugly hack to fix a problem i had with winmm.dll crashing in midiOutUnprepareHeader

basically what happens is that FF7 "randomly" tries to call it twice on the same header, causing a crash, normally just after a battle, when its supposed to play the fanfare midi, but i suppose it could happen whenever it stops a midi

now, i haven't seen a lot of whine about this in here, so i was wondering if i should bother to create a 'clean' version of this patch and release it

it may be some odd combination of patches/hacks on my side, but as far as i can tell, it still happens with just the 1.02+chocobo patches installed

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Last time I've heard of it: link
But I haven't done anything since tracking down the problem. I'll have to keep some track of given promises, can't rely on my memory.
now, i haven't seen a lot of whine about this in here, so i was wondering if i should bother to create a 'clean' version of this patch and release it
Go ahead and release it. The fewer bugs, the better.

Aali

• View Profile
ah, yeah, thats the very same bug

guess i'll have to get my ass in action then and find out how to really fix it

frostx

Got this same problem! would realy enjoy having a fix, even a raw one...

Thanks