Author Topic: [Release - Version1.1] Origional Field Model Sephiroth Patch  (Read 78966 times)

Sephiroth 1311

• View Profile
    • http://www.sadnescity.it
Congrats for the 1.1. ;)
However, since I must study in this period, I'll wait for the 1.2. :)

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
The swords will come in version 1.2 - probably the final version.  So far I've made ten swords, just five more to go:-D

For all those having trouble with the movies, carry out this procedure:

Download the full K-lite codec pack:  http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=3803&s=95

Install it, when promted to delete all installed codecs and corrupted entries, select yes.  When you are asked which type of pack you want to install, select the deafult.  At the end of the installation (where it would normally ask you if you want to resart your computer now, read the Read Me etc.) run the ffdshow video decoder configuration.

Scroll down the main window until you find the row with format "True motion 1,2".  Under the "decoder" collumn, click on "libavcodec" and change it to "disabled".

See screenshot of what I mean here:  http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/Scorpicus/Sephiroth%20Patch/codec.jpg

Select "apply" then O.K.   

That should fix it.  If not, download and install the Upside Down Movies patch here:  http://aaronserv.dyndns.org/hosting/ffsf/downloads/ff7betap1.zip

Yeah I reinstalled it again, but had then I started getting green dots appearing over your custom videos but not the squaresoft or into train fmv so I figured something must slightly different about them, I played around with FFDshow settings then it started crashing again.

Thanks for the help and again congrats on the awesome mod. :-)

device00

Can someone re-upload on another server, please?

I´ve tried to download since the release but that crap server of filefront don´t like me.

paladin181

• View Profile
Can someone re-upload on another server, please?

I´ve tried to download since the release but that crap server of filefront don´t like me.
There's nothing wrong with Filefront.  But then, your problem may not be related to the fact that many people don't know how to register on their site. Which file(s) do you need uploaded, and I'll go ahead and do it.

Mornion

Wow, it's been almost two months since the last post. Was this project abandoned?? I hope not, I'm using version 1.1 and I love it!!! I always wanted to play as Sephiroth!!!
I'm looking forward to version 1.2 with the new swords and all!!
You did an awesome job Scorpicus, really superb!
And one many people were waiting for!!

Hope you're still planing on releasing version 1.2

I'd offer help but I really suck at this sort of thing  :-(

If you're still working on it, any idea when it's gonna be ready??

Scorpicus

• View Profile
    • Scorpicus' Most Amazing Orange Website
No, the project has not been abandoned - it's just on a hiatus as I'm busy with exams (and other pains in the butt) at the moment.  Next week, I'm on my Christmas break so, if you're lucky :-D, I might finish work on 1.2 then.  If not, you can expect it sometime late January.

1.1 Bug report:  Apparently, when you get to Cloud reminiscing about when he and Sephiroth went to Nibelheim, during the battle with the dragon, Sephiroth keeps attacking himself and so it's practically impossible to get past that bit.  This problem comes from a mistake in the hex editing and will be fixed in 1.2.

Temporary fix:  You will have to uninstall the patch and play past that part of the game as Cloud and then reapply the patch.  Either that, or skip ahead to a save game just past that point. 

Hyunckel

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Origional Field model Sephiroth Patch
« Reply #56 on: 2007-12-23 19:39:56 »
I love the young Sephi . Good work man.  :wink:

Sephiroth 1311

• View Profile
    • http://www.sadnescity.it
No, the project has not been abandoned - it's just on a hiatus as I'm busy with exams (and other pains in the butt) at the moment.  Next week, I'm on my Christmas break so, if you're lucky :-D, I might finish work on 1.2 then.  If not, you can expect it sometime late January.

1.1 Bug report:  Apparently, when you get to Cloud reminiscing about when he and Sephiroth went to Nibelheim, during the battle with the dragon, Sephiroth keeps attacking himself and so it's practically impossible to get past that bit.  This problem comes from a mistake in the hex editing and will be fixed in 1.2.

Temporary fix:  You will have to uninstall the patch and play past that part of the game as Cloud and then reapply the patch.  Either that, or skip ahead to a save game just past that point. 
Mhhh... was that bug my fault?
And how did you fix it?

Mornion

Ow, sorry, I should have imagined... the thing is I live on south america so we're on summer vacation now. I tottaly forgot that there on north you only have christimas and new year break. Oops.

Well, I don't mind wainting longer  :-D

Congrats again on the good work.

shah

Re: [Release] Origional Field model Sephiroth Patch
« Reply #59 on: 2007-12-29 20:11:32 »
Speaking of bugs, I got an email (from someone who I don't think is on the forum) reporting that the game crashed whenever they used one of Sephiroth's limit breaks.  This is kinda weird because the limit breaks work fine (overlooking the weird animations) on the PCs I've tested the patch with.

Anyone else had this problem?

I get crashes almost 90% of the time i use any of cloud's limit breaks with sephiroth :( other than that, this is an amazing patch :D Thnx for hours of fun. Just wondering if this will be addressed in your final version :D

Peace

SephirothClone

• View Profile
looks like u took Midnight's work of the original patch and upgraded it to the ultimate level! I am gonna try this out tonight! Good job. See what happens when I leave the FFVII for 2 years :( as for being stuck with the Masamune from beginning to end isn't too big of a deal. It may give u his Ultimate weapon at the start but it does strain u on materia growth. So either way just so glad someone took the original patch and took it to the next lv.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-16 17:11:01 by SephirothClone »

Destiny

• View Profile
Re: [Release - Version1.1] Original Field Model Sephiroth Patch
« Reply #61 on: 2008-06-16 19:15:11 »
no isn't the best work. I just found a better sephiroth patch out on the net. Something like masamune sephiroth or sephiroth with masamune. Anyway if i remember correctly was an "?italian? forum. The forum is named something like cetraproject or something else. Anyway i found 2 different versions one with normal ff7 graphic and the other one is taken from the NPC patch. Anyway the guy credited icecold in that work.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
Re: [Release - Version1.1] Original Field Model Sephiroth Patch
« Reply #62 on: 2008-06-16 22:29:42 »
no isn't the best work. I just found a better sephiroth patch out on the net. Something like masamune sephiroth or sephiroth with masamune. Anyway if i remember correctly was an "?italian? forum. The forum is named something like cetraproject or something else. Anyway i found 2 different versions one with normal ff7 graphic and the other one is taken from the NPC patch. Anyway the guy credited icecold in that work.

Would help to know the exact link. I can not find that very old website i had gotten the save file from where it had the actual Masamune equipped. This patch it says Masamune in it but it has the Buster Sword's statistics.

As Ice_cold's I have given up on it. Keeps saying the damn ff7.exe or chocobo.lgp is not compatible when its the normal damn files and no its not Ultima Edition.

Destiny

• View Profile
Try this http://www.mediafire.com/?juebtuxwmi1 and these are the texts http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=9ZILPFKA
Hope i can post links without problems hear

SephirothClone

• View Profile
Thanks Destiny. Do I need Version 1.02 for it? Also I'm running Windows ME right now.

Edit: I got it to work Destiny. I know I get a standard Masamune with the file link u gave me Destiny do u get better versions of the Masamune as u progress?
« Last Edit: 2008-06-18 02:09:20 by SephirothClone »

Destiny

• View Profile
No this mod is a standalone one, you can install this with nothing else. Anyway this is the last version created from this guy. He created the same mod even with the standard graphic. I mean the base one of the game. It's still the same, only the definition of the chars change. Is the same resolution of Scorpicus patch to let you understand

SephirothClone

• View Profile
What about the Masamune and limit breaks. I highly doubt I keep a Masamune Blade with Buster Sword stats throughout the entire game on that patch Destiny?

Destiny

• View Profile
Is impossible to play as Sephiroth using other limits but only the limit lv 1 works without crashing. And because the animation of the Braver have lesser glitches then the other ones i think the creator of the mod used to let the people play with that limit, that was modified a little too. And i think isn't a problem at all. The game is easy you can win even with one limit for the main char. Dont forget the other guys XD

SephirothClone

• View Profile
what about the Masamune?

Destiny

• View Profile
The masamune is only the main weapon and some of the other swords. If you notice, the creator has modified some of the better cloud's weapons, modifying a little the appearance, so those looks nearly like samurai's swords

SephirothClone

• View Profile
Was kinda hoping to have the True Masamune Blade equipped. Like the Sephy patch Midnight had done. He had a save file right after the opening movie containing the true Masamune Blade. I just don't know how he did it.

Edit: Destiny do u recall what blades were modified? I wish this guys would've added a readme.txt on what he changed. I can live with Limit Break lv 1 skills but not a Starting weapon. Sorry to bother u with questions just I don't know what he exactly did with the weapons seeing how there was no readme file.

Note: Reason why I've been asking I'm approaching where I can normally steal a new Weapon for Cloud and wondering if I'll still be stuck with the Masamune/Buster Sword.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-19 00:20:20 by SephirothClone »

Destiny

• View Profile
Well if i remember correctly, the ultima weapon, in this game is called Zantetsuken, the Heaven's Cloud (this one was called ironically Heaven's Sephiroth XD) and nothing more i think, i dont play the sephiroth mod from so long.
Just notice why he called the sword Zantetsuken, is that sword similar to the Odin's one in FF8? XD

SephirothClone

• View Profile
Message Deleted
« Last Edit: 2008-06-22 04:10:00 by SephirothClone »

AVARON

hello, ive registered to this forum just to reply to this :p, thanks so much for making this patch, it rox!!, however the sound effect of sephiroth's sword hitting is still cloud's buster sword <As well as slashing animation?, obviously depends on clouds current sword :P) it would be awesome if the sound effect of the attack would be changed to that slicing sound effect sephiroth does when cloud explains about his past :), as well as the animation?, im no programmer to know exactly how easy or tricky it is to do this, but would be pretty kewl if it's possible :P.

DaemonBiz

What's goin on guys?  Was wonderin if this mod is still being updated?  Don't have the internet til tomorrow so I can't download it yet, but I was wondering if anyone was still working on the battle animations and whatnot.  thanks for any replies.  Also...  great work all over this mod and great work all over these forums...  I am not very good with programming or most of this stuff here but I plan to learn and definitely help build this community.

DaemonBiz