Author Topic: Menu Help  (Read 15629 times)

romeo14

• View Profile
Menu Help
« on: 2009-09-12 02:22:58 »
im trying to make a menu mod and i found the greatest picture ever that would keep the original feel of the game.
(i think it would fit nicely into the GUI overhaul) but i cant seem to get it to work right. every time i put it into the lgp there is no menu when you choose to start or load a game, theres just the words start game ot load game.
any way here it is so other people can give it a go

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Menu Help
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-12 02:38:14 »
im trying to make a menu mod and i found the greatest picture ever that would keep the original feel of the game.
(i think it would fit nicely into the GUI overhaul) but i cant seem to get it to work right. every time i put it into the lgp there is no menu when you choose to start or load a game, theres just the words start game ot load game.
any way here it is so other people can give it a go

The image cannot be full screen or else it covers over the text

romeo14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-12 02:51:14 »
ya ive tried to make it smaller in the upper right corner and it still doenst work. ive even tried to paste it ontop of a menu mod that i know worked cuz i used and it still doesnt work. maybe im not saving it right in my paint program. im setting it at 8-bit and im using biturn to convert the png to tex and it wont work.
heres a pic of the working menu mod - this one works fine

and here is my pic pasted on the same spot and mine wont work, im stumped lol

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-12 05:00:09 »
What program did you use? Img2tex?
Btw that is a really nice buster sword! Who made that one?

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-12 06:28:37 »
the only way you will get that image to work the way(i think) you want it to, you will have to modify ff7.exe

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-12 06:50:17 »
Just watch out because Halkun got all mad when I put the Buster Sword that I found on google. He might do the same to you.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-12 06:51:58 »
Yes, artwork should not be used without permission.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 2009-09-12 09:20:26 »
Aww, it's not yours... Why don't you try and make one of your own in blender?

Per the rules..

Basically it's this; If you made it yourself to help improve the image of an already existing Final Fantasy asset, you get a pass, if you are rehashing work that is not yours, you will be asked to very politely adjust what you are doing.

Maybe I should bold and underline it.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-09-12 14:49:08 »
Is that really an official ?

Or just fan made?

romeo14

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-09-12 15:30:49 »
got it to work with img2tex, i was using biturn before which could to 24-bit and other things. the whole image is at 1024x1024 at 24-bit and its sweet.
No its not official but i am trying to get it touch with the creator to ask for permsission to release this mod here for you all.

first pic is the new menu with GUI beta 8 and the second pic is just the stock menu with the custom graphic driver

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8682/menufinal.jpg

« Reply #10 on: 2009-09-12 15:33:48 »
Maybe you could give a tutorial on how to replace menu icons, instead of trying to release work that isn't yours. Cause I want to give this a try, i just don't really know where to begin. O.o

romeo14

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-09-12 16:27:39 »
tools you'll need are
1. LGP tools to extract and replace tex files - http://sylphds.net/f2k3/programs/lgptools/lgptools160.zip
2. Biturn to convert tex files to a workable format - http://mirex.mypage.sk/index.php?selected=1
3. Image2tex to convert 24-bit pics to tex files - http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8639.0
4. a photo editing program to get the pic to like how you want them to

ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR FILES (never fun to have to re-install cuz of a stupid mistake)
- using LGP tools open and extract the file you want to edit (this one is buster.tex)
- then use biturn to convert and save the .tex file as a jpeg or any other file type you like to work with
- use your photo program to edit the pic or replace it with a new one
- using photo program decrease the color depth of your pic to 24-bit and save
- then use Image2tex to convert your new pic to a .tex file and rename it to name of the file your replacing (buster.tex)
- using LGP tools right click on the file you want to replace and click replace and point it to your new .tex file

if done correctly your new pic should be in game, i know when i first came to this site and started modding in May it was so confusing to me but the more you play with it the more you start to understand...Good Luck dude

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-09-12 16:47:14 »
This is all good, but there have been a few main menu mods floating around, what I really want a tutorial on is how to get a full screen image at the main menu, with the new game and continue options over the image, do that and i'll think your a god!

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-09-12 16:49:36 »
This is all good, but there have been a few main menu mods floating around, what I really want a tutorial on is how to get a full screen image at the main menu, with the new game and continue options over the image, do that and i'll think your a god!

Not Possible, well there is a way to do it but it kind of looks goofy

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-09-12 16:52:02 »
Not Possible, well there is a way to do it but it kind of looks goofy

I've seen a youtube video where someone had done this, it doesn't look 'goofy', ultimately it depends on the image you use...

romeo14

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-09-12 16:54:46 »
im not sure how to make it fullscreen, everytime i tried it all the words and the little finger dissapeared. i used that image because its great remake of the orignal one

romeo14

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-09-12 17:07:01 »
were yout talking about one of these vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSt3CRn8ru0&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeFXbKahOc0&feature=channel
it would be awesome to have a mod like this but i dont think that its real

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-09-12 17:26:03 »
Then it's settled...release this menu MOD (with permission of course )...and you'll be A GOD instantly.

ANd personally I like the AC VERSION BUster Sword.... 8-)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-09-12 17:30:37 »
It looks better than the original, but the scale is messed up now.  The whole image is squished together, i'd say resize and alter it so it fits correctly but still retains correct scale.

lee

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #19 on: 2009-09-12 20:24:38 »
Man, that looks quite nice! Anyways, check out this thread, its about menu mods. Hope it helps!  :-)
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8849.0