Author Topic: Help controling Vincent's transformations  (Read 5542 times)

Valnus

Help controling Vincent's transformations
« on: 2010-07-30 23:11:31 »
I found out that you cannot change Vincent's limit's animation, as his first limit will always be Galian Beast, the second will always be Death Gigas, ect, but if I use liBrE to tell him not to "lose control and transform into monster [m]" he will be fully controllable, and still turn into a Monster.

The problem is that the "monster" does not have an attack, or a magic animation, so I you do anything, the game hangs for a minute, he appears in front of the enemy, deals damage, hangs for another minute, then ends his turn.

I know the **da file holds the battle animations for the models, but is it possible to edit(I assume that means hex-edit) the file so that attacks are given the transformation's primary attack animation, and magic attacks show its secondary attack animation.

anifiga

• View Profile
Re: Help controling Vincent's transformations
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-31 01:17:13 »
theoretically it is, at the moment I'm trying to add missing animations for sephiroth in such a way, I've added some of them, and in kimera they work fine, but the game crushes, if i make it work i tell you what was the problem, or make the file for you, but for now you may read about animation headers in qhimm wiki and try to do it yourself http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Battle/Battle_Animation_(PC)

Edit: i have made it!!!, i totally forgot that i accidentally changed first offset in the beginning of the file, so its possible:), i can make for you the file but it may take a day or two and by the way, you can use any model instead of vincent's monster, you may look at my tread about it here, http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10223.0, so you may just use any model with already existing animations with needed numbers
« Last Edit: 2010-07-31 02:24:51 by anifiga »

Valnus

« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-31 02:06:04 »
Wow, that's great!

I made a mod here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10522.0 that replaces Cloud with Vincent, Vincent with Sephiroth,and Barret with Cloud.

I want Cloud(Vincent) to still have Vincent's transformations, but controllable, but right now Vincent(Sephiroth) has no limit breaks.

I would be eternally great-full if you would make that file for me, and even more so if you would also apply your Sephiroth patch for my Vincent's replacement Sephiroth.

Thanks

anifiga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-31 02:16:53 »
ok ill make the file, and about my seph patch its still work in progress, ill have to think then how to implement vinc limits for both of them at the same time, there will be no problem if the models will be same for both, but if you want them with different models for each, ill have to think, and if I come up with smth ill make it

Valnus

« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-31 02:25:40 »
Thanks a million-and-one, I'd prefer them to have different different transformations, but you don't have to go out of your way for it.

anifiga

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-31 02:30:26 »
ok, firstly ill make modified file with animations for you and after it ill think about what can be done with limits:)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-31 04:57:20 »
It was recently discovered that it might not be enough to modify the animations files. Especially for limit breaks. You might also have to alter the **AB files which hold the animation scripts themselves. The structure of this isn't well documented, but Akari has some info on them. Pay specific attention to the AnimationScriptDumper.cpp file in the src directory.

anifiga

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-31 10:37:29 »
yeah i know about it, thanks NFITC1, i already worked with ab file to make sephiroth use vinc's limits properly, I'm still far from full understanding of it as i said before, but i think i know how to solve this problem with animations, i think as well that it is in ab file data about when should be shown special effects as well, for example after which animation show amount of damage or effect from attack, but thanks anyway, and I'll look at  Akari's docs of it, they may be very useful
« Last Edit: 2010-07-31 10:39:54 by anifiga »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-31 18:33:16 »
Oh, god. Now I remember I promised to produce an AB file manipulator.

I guess it'll just have to deal with death types. Having it decode and recode the animation scripts would be problematic right now, so I'll keep it as a console application.

anifiga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-08-04 00:36:16 »
galian beast is done and send for testing, by the way there is also one dependency for animation da file, it is in skeleton aa file; offset numer  1c, here is number of animations for that skeleton,  for enemies and vinc's monsters number is always equal to total number of animations in da file, and for playable characters it is always 34 (52 in decimal) which is usually absolutely different from total number of animations in their da files, even if you halve it, cus half of animations there are for weapon
« Last Edit: 2010-08-04 00:38:43 by anifiga »